• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Westfest - Alberta vs B.C. - Tickets, Accidents, Confessions, Truths & Lies.

Thought we better start a us against them thread.
So far we have:

ALBERTA
125 IN A 90 $198.00 0 Demerits.
ONE PUSHED IN REAR QUARTER PANEL.

B.C.
Very Fast $???.?? 5 Demerits.

Truths:
We found out that Terry does have an Nsx. We where not sure for a while because he showed up for all events with a mountain bike.

Lies:
We do know how to drive in a convoy to an event.

Confessions:
I have too many to post here.

Let me know what to add and we will see the outcome.
lol
Trev

Alberta
1. A VERY close 160/170 in a 90 zone with NO ticket.....

2. A VERY long drive home on single lane roads due to mud slides and heavy equipment clean-up.....

imgp0965.jpg
imgp0966.jpg

imgp0972.jpg
imgp0974.jpg

imgp0975.jpg
imgp0976.jpg

3. ......and burning cars on the side of the road that took two lane highway down to standstill for 15 minutes and 10-15km/h for 15 kms. 6.5 hour ride home to Calgary took just shy of 10 hours!

imgp0981.jpg
imgp0983.jpg

4. Add to all that the creme de la creme for me. Final life for a performance tire that lost a belt = one sexy red ride.....

imgp0960.jpg
imgp0957.jpg

imgp0958.jpg
imgp0959.jpg

TRUTHS
1. Spare tire no matter how ugly it looks is truely a 'lifesaver' as it gets you home from the middle of no where!
2. Full size 255 rear tire WILL fit into the trunk with the purpose built cut-out!
3. Full size 285 rear tire will NOT fit into the trunk no matter how much vasoline you put on it. <sigh>
4. Leaving the buddy in Kelowna for business and travelling back to Calgary solo keeps toolbox OR spare from sitting on buddy's lap..... <ack>
5. Driving with a rear wheel shimmy OR a 135mm lifesaver spare prevents $198.00 tickets.....
6. Women can't drive go-karts.....:eek: (I know, I know. Call me a sexist, but it's true! Ask Terry)
7. Women can drive an NSX however. Nice ride Pam.
8. All exhausts aren't created equal.
9. I felt good as an NSX owner stopping on the side of the road to Banff and helping a Corvette owner who was having some car problems! Apparently no one else showed any interest in helping the driver out. :confused:

LIES:
1. I didn't see a decent set of jeans/shorts all weekend....:rolleyes:
2. Terry doesn't know what it means to not pass people on the first lap.....:wink:
3. The weather downright sucked! :tongue:
4. I didn't have a good time..... :smile:

CONFESSIONS:
1. I can't make it through any motorcycle race no matter how short it is....:redface:
2. I mock Ferrari owners with my personalized plate, but would still love to be in a position to own any Ferrari of my choice.:smile:
3. The NSX seats are some of the most comfortable seats for long distance driving. The only ones that ride better for me are those in my S60R.
4. Never put yourself above the crowd because you drive a turbocharged ride and others remain NA. Yes, I hate to say it, but this is a personal pet peave. :mad: Lots of car enthusists drive other rides that can put the NSX to shame for power and performance....even ones that are turbocharged.:wink:

Engine.jpg

and finally for all the non NSX owners in the world........

5. YES It's a Corvette!! <sigh> :cool: :rolleyes:

Tim

Last edited:
Hey, It looks to me like your tire failed from being driven flat - was there lots of "powder" in the tire?

Typical problem with low profile tires, hard to "see" when they are low, you could have had 20 lbs of pressure in it and thought it was @ 40 - recommendation: Check tire pressures regularly and especially before a long drive.

We actually run 19 lbs out west on our rigs.
They don't make lowering kits low enough for us, so we just let out some air man. And yes you are right Red, Tim was having low tire pressure issues.
Trev

Tim, I agree with you and those NSXers who think that they are the "real deal" because they have a turbo or a super charger on their rig!:eek: the real deal is that these people are shallow and need to feel good about themselves...because they have no one to feel good for them! :wink: Or...they are just complete A$$holes...lol:biggrin: I prefer the person that takes the time to love the drive and take interest in the driver:wink: thats what its all about...as for helping the Corvette dude...bravo brother...the universe always equals itself out!

As for the tickets given out...it can be a nightmare out there...and you jsut have to be lucky to not get one...lol...as this car is just way too much fun to drive...she pushed you to drive faster...lol...and yes, I actually believe that!:biggrin:

I would have been out there with you all..getting tickets etc...but my publisher has been on me like a dog...lol!

Are any of the Edmonton boys coming out for Stampede? That would be a razz of a time baby!:biggrin:

Dam:cool:

I'm not sure about what your saying about the FI cars and their owners.
Can you please clarify if you are serious or joking.
If your serious, thats ok.
If your joking, is there a joke I missed during this trip or before?
My low boost whipple is due in tomorrow and want to know where I stand with you.

Stampede week sounds great.
I'm sure if you start a new thread and get something going, we can have a group get together. I am certainly good to go.

Trev

p.s. I am not feeling very good about myself right now, nor about a lot of things in my life. I do hope my CTSC works out and makes me a bit happier as well as my freshly painted side skirts I'm picking up today. Pam, I need another hug, Ed won't give me one last nite.

Hey, It looks to me like your tire failed from being driven flat - was there lots of "powder" in the tire?

Typical problem with low profile tires, hard to "see" when they are low, you could have had 20 lbs of pressure in it and thought it was @ 40 - recommendation: Check tire pressures regularly and especially before a long drive.
Tire pressure might have contributed to it and might not have. I was checking my pressure the night prior and ALL four tires were the same at 20lbs. While I agree this is not an optimal situation, it is not one that would cause the problems I encounted. Too low of an inflation would have seen the tread wear low and cupping on the inside which you can clearly see wasn't the case. Close inspection of the tire is that a belt let loose right at the bead. Photos don't show it all that well, but the slices on the sidewall are a result of driving on a tire that lost air pressure for a few clicks and not from a failure. I'll take photos of the actual failure point later. It all makes sense to me now.

Again not the end of the world. I use different tires for the track and have lots of other cars to drive for the interim while I address the aesthetic nature of the problem. :)

Tire pressure might have contributed to it and might not have. I was checking my pressure the night prior and ALL four tires were the same at 20lbs. While I agree this is not an optimal situation, it is not one that would cause the problems I encounted. Too low of an inflation would have seen the tread wear low and cupping on the inside which you can clearly see wasn't the case. Close inspection of the tire is that a belt let loose right at the bead. Photos don't show it all that well, but the slices on the sidewall are a result of driving on a tire that lost air pressure for a few clicks and not from a failure. I'll take photos of the actual failure point later. It all makes sense to me now.

Dude! 20 lbs???? The rear is supposed to be 40!!!! Your tire failed due to low pressure causing the sidewall to flex too much and overheat damaging the belt - I wouldn't expect to see cupping on the inside, I would expect to see failure in/at the sidewall, which is what I saw and reacted to in the 1st place - these tires need WAY more than 20 lbs to keep them healthy, in fact I would view 20 lbs as a flat tire - I'm puzzled why you wouldn't:confused:

Trust me, my wife does in a tire like that every couple of months (she's a real estate developer so she's always driving onto jobsites with sharp things that get into tires and her Audi Quattro hides flat tires really well, it doesn't pull until the tire is coming off the rim!)

Hey, lets not get Anal, its just a Tyre!!!
Tim knows what he's doing and don't need no schooling from anyone.
Let it die, post your speeding tickets instead.....
lol
Trev

Dude! 20 lbs???? The rear is supposed to be 40!!!!
Simple mistake on my end. They were all at 36-38lbs 'hot' for opening track day. With all the things on my plate I didn't check them again prior to our trip to which they all obviously cooled down and dropped in pressure. Anyway I don't need to get into it with anyone. All the other three tires are just fine - if not in perfect running condition. This one failed. C'est la vie.:wink:

If anyone is interested in the Stampede...I can set up a golf day (9 holes) at Shag or Confederation...and I will pay for everyone...up to 12 people:biggrin:
You have to pay for the booze and provide me with a few cold ones:biggrin:
If only a few people are into the golf...then we can do 18 holes...I guess its a wait and see thing. I prefer Confederation as the parking lot is right next to the golf course and the driving range - while at Shag, your very far from your car and the driving range. Confederation is only 9 holes but it is very long...the par 3's are about 230 and 260 yards and the par 4's are about 420...its a great old course with huge trees...but it does not have much sand!

Dam:cool:

Dam

Start a new post dude.
Don't rain on my parade.....
Unless you can twist it into a lie or something like that about the trip..... lol
Trev
p.s. Me and Ed don't play golf, we carry Aluminum baseball batz only.

Alberta
$1.34 / litre premium

BC
$1.44 / litre premium

Truths

Great location!
Better roads than back home!
Trev drives like a mad man!

Lies

It's easy to drive in a convoy.
The food at the Manteo is reasonably priced.
Sure I know how to use my GPS.

Confessions

I like to drive slow so I can see some of the beautiful scenery.
Wish I had one in every colour!

Dan

Hey, lets not get Anal, its just a Tyre!!!
Tim knows what he's doing and don't need no schooling from anyone.
Let it die, post your speeding tickets instead.....
lol
Trev

Sorry, getting anal is strictly left to Dave - I only meant to be clear for people not in the know - tire pressure is one of those things that people don't pay attention to and can kill you WAY faster than not having a clean car, or not changing your oil twice a season and keeping the car out of the rain:tongue:

Thought we better start a us against them thread.
So far we have:

ALBERTA
125 IN A 90 $198.00 0 Demerits.
ONE PUSHED IN REAR QUARTER PANEL.

B.C.
Very Fast $???.?? 5 Demerits.

Truths:
We found out that Terry does have an Nsx. We where not sure for a while because he showed up for all events with a mountain bike.

Lies:
We do know how to drive in a convoy to an event.

Confessions:
I have too many to post here.

Let me know what to add and we will see the outcome.
lol
Trev

\
Hey Trevor! You made the weekend a great event. I admire your willingness to let things go. Call me soon.

Allan

Alberta:

Flat :biggrin:

BC:

I heart winding mountain roads :biggrin:

Truth:

I met a good bunch of people this weekend
I've got to remember, when I wear a golf shirt, sunscreen up that small wedge of exposed skin in the V (Ouch!!)

Lies:

I'm mature enough to not get sucked in by the combination of an E46 M3 and the Coquihalla highway :rolleyes:

Confessions:

I'm gonna leave the rest of the rally team behind next time
If you listened carefully, you could actually HEAR my luck with law enforcement running out on the drive home

Alberta:Horrible roads
Kelowna B.C.:West Side Road:biggrin:
No tickets no accidents and no flats! Even with 51lbs pressure
I confess my wife grabbed the Holy Sh!!t handle more than 10 times
Truth: Spent more time with relatives and local friends than all the Nsxers
Lies: I don't want to do it again! West Fest 09 here we come!

Truth the weather was awesome all weekend, The drive out was alot of fun, especially following Trev

Sorry to hear a few of us had some problems before getting home, including me :eek: but this is life.I have no room for a spare so I was not quite as lucky as Tim.

Lies:
only Trev was speeding on the way out.
sitting on the road for almost 2 hrs with a flat not being able to not drive the NSX was fun.

Confessions:
I got burnt in the sun, Pam next time I dont taked offered sunscreen slap me ok :redface:

Flat Rear inner bead blew tire on way home, there was alot of rough bumps and it was raining a little too 1 km before the mudslide.
no tire shops open, so my only option was to call a flatdeck and decided to get him to take me to Lake Louise, wasnt too bad $350. I had called my good friend Jeff that works with me, and luckily he was available and cruised out to Lake louise with my 2 rear 16" stocks and a floorjack, torque wrench and sockets and I was on my way in minutes after he arrived to my rescue, thanks so much buddy u r the best!, he made it there perfect timing, I was just unloading the car and he showed up:smile:
around callaway park traffic was slow about 30 kms and 5 dead stops took almost another hr.
no tickets or other problems thankfully.

So thats my little confession, hope everyone else had a safe fun trip home with no bad stories to tell, If you do fess up any tickets?.

Brent

Attachments

• fix111-1184_IMG.jpg
    fix111-1184_IMG.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 105
  • fix110-1080_IMG.jpg
    fix110-1080_IMG.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 103
  • fix110-1070_IMG.jpg
    fix110-1070_IMG.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 83
  • fix110-1012_IMG.jpg
    fix110-1012_IMG.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 108
Sorry to hear a few of us had some problems before getting home, including me :eek: but this is life.I have no room for a spare so I was not quite as lucky as Tim. Sitting on the road for almost 2 hrs with a flat not being able to not drive the NSX was fun.
CRAP!! Bad karma!! What time did this happen to you? Mine was around 2:00pm.:confused:

Truth
- the trees are really big in BC
- the scenary is great
- there was a lot of radar on the hwy that weekend

Lies
- I was there with you guys

Confessions
- I really wanted to meet and see everyone's NSX that I have heard so much about. Brent, Will's, and Pam's for their FIs but I also wanted to see the NA ones to see what mods they have done and see how they perform.

- Sounds like I really missed out on a super weekend.

Well, I hate to be left out of the spare tire crowd.

Here's how I rolled into Calgary tonight. Good fun doing this on Highway 2 in the rain!

Spare2.jpg

Spare1.jpg

I was in town to enter my car in DTP, the car show at the Olympic Oval, but so much for that. Now I'm gonna be scrounging for a tire.

WTH is up with you guys and flats?! :confused:

Truths,
Good morning fellow westfest people. It was great meeting all of you. Taking a quote from a 60's honda motorcycle ad ."you meet the nicest people on a honda", or in this case, in an acura!:smile:
Laura and I had a great time, if I had realized that all you good people were going to chip in for the barbeque, then we would have had a different menu...you know steals. chicken, ribs etc. I guess that will be in next years intinerary.
The only thing we did not get to do was drive until the tires went flat, like some of you, since we live here.lol

Really looking forward to seeing everyone again at westfest, or sooner if you decide to come back for a visit. We still have a lot of unexplored roads...westside rd, Naramata rd, salmon river rd. to name a few.

I have some great pictures of the cars in the driveway, but am challenged as to how to post them? Maybe someone can give me some instruction.

Lies,
we did so much driving that we were glad to get out of the car for awhile.:cool:

Confessions,
Does anyone know what the speed is in each gear, when the rev limiter kicks in?:eek:

Porpoise, Laura and Rossi

Well, I hate to be left out of the spare tire crowd.

Here's how I rolled into Calgary tonight. Good fun doing this on Highway 2 in the rain!

I was in town to enter my car in DTP, the car show at the Olympic Oval, but so much for that. Now I'm gonna be scrounging for a tire.
Three strikes and you're out!! Or is that accidents always happen in three....

What size of tires are on the front? I have three different sets of front tires that I can no longer utilize due to bigger brakes. If you have 15's or 16's I can help you out without you searching everywhere.

LMK by calling
Tim
616-6137 cel

Back