• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do you think of this color?

Just bought a nsx, but the paint isn't all that great. Looking to shell out a lot of cash to do a proper color change from a reputable entity that has experience in painting nsx's. This is a photoshopped image. Thoughts?

attachment.php

Attachments

• picture_php_pictureid_81759_14649ecdda5b289c34de63ef5912cce1d725541d.jpg
    picture_php_pictureid_81759_14649ecdda5b289c34de63ef5912cce1d725541d.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:
I like the color. One thing to consider is how painting the car a custom color would affect its resale value.

Believe it's a JDM colour and the car is owned by a Mr Nakai

Nakai NSX.jpg

I like the color. Consider doing a wrap instead. If you ever sell could always have it removed and resale value wouldn't get hit as original paint still there, and protected! I'm actually thinking about wrapping mine cause my paint is so good and want to preserve. $2k+ is about what it would cost for a wrap.

Thanks. Do you have a link or any more pics of this guys nsx?

Sorry, I saw this pic on Facebook, thought it was a superior color, and saved the pic.
The owner is Masayuki Nakai.
Maybe you could do a search?

I like the color. Consider doing a wrap instead. If you ever sell could always have it removed and resale value wouldn't get hit as original paint still there, and protected! I'm actually thinking about wrapping mine cause my paint is so good and want to preserve. $2k+ is about what it would cost for a wrap.

Since your existing paint is no good I would take the opportunity to have it prepped properly and slap on a wrap. If you are worried about resale or future values you can always get the stock color refreshed/repainted down the road. I wouldn't spend money on a paint when a wrap is cheaper, can look great, and you can drive it worry free.

Here is my wrap thread.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/190172-Fiery-Orange-NSX-Wrap

Last edited:
Looks great! May be also a yellow or green? Try to wrap it first to get an idea. You can certainly wrap the hood, roof and venders.

Back