• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do you use to clean and protect the dashboard

Hi,

I was just wondering what you folks use to clean and protect the dash.

Thanks!
Randy

I think Eagle One Nano Protectant is the best product of this kind that I have ever seen or used and I've used MANY.
What's even nicer is that is does not smear if you get it on your glass. It just wipes off.
Not greasy and goofy shiney. It leaves a nice patina that is not slippery but smooth and clean feeling.
Great for leather and vinyl. This Eagle One Nano product line is my current favorite. Fast and easy with awesome results. It cut my detail time down two thirds. Can't say enough about this stuff.

4143JTR7KAL._AA280_.jpg

Wow! I was looking at my dashboard just this morning thinking I needed to give it a good cleaning and/or treating, and wondering what people on Prime would use.

"Subscribe to thread" activated. :D

303 aerospace protectant about once a year. Otherwise just a damp microfiber. Great stuff.

Never tried the Eagle one stuff tho. Anybody tried both?

Thanks very much everyone!!
I've always had good luck with Eagle One products so I'll give this a shot.

pbassjo:
I was using Lexol Leather conditioner on the leather in the car. Do you think the Eagle One works as well on the seats, etc?

-Randy

"303 aerospace protectant about once a year" I use the same, it is one of the best UV protection products out there..it is a bit shiny though...

Thanks very much everyone!!
I've always had good luck with Eagle One products so I'll give this a shot.

pbassjo:
I was using Lexol Leather conditioner on the leather in the car. Do you think the Eagle One works as well on the seats, etc?

-Randy

I use it mostly as a cleaner and still treat the leather once in a while with the Lexol and once a year with "Surflex Leather Soffener".

What do I use? The two interior conditioner products described below - and they are amazing! They leave the surfaces clean and conditioned, with a slight satiny look to them, but without an oily, glossy look or feel.

Zymöl Vinyl Conditioner is a solvent-free, formaldehyde-free, oil-based feeding product that releases solvents and restores moisture. It's perfect for the dash and other vinyl parts of the interior.

Zymöl Treat Leather Conditioner is a solvent-free, banana-oil and collagen-based feeding product that releases trapped solvents and restores moisture to keep your leather looking, feeling, and smelling like new. It's excellent for the leather parts of the seat and interior.

Tip: If you are not sure which parts of the NSX interior are vinyl and which are leather, click here.

Hi,

I was just wondering what you folks use to clean and protect the dash.

Thanks!
Randy

Ferrari North America says "don't put Armor-all on the rubber parts".
Not sure if this applies to NSX which would promote wear and tear on rubber.

Ferrari North America says "don't put Armor-all on the rubber parts".
Not sure if this applies to NSX which would promote wear and tear on rubber.

i used armor all wipes to dress the rubber hoses in my engine bay. i had no problem with it so far. where did you get quote from Ferrari?

i used armor all wipes to dress the rubber hoses in my engine bay. i had no problem with it so far. where did you get quote from Ferrari?

Particular to Ferraris silicone-based products cause the black trim items to get gummy while wiping it will smear and leave a nice tarlike streak. I had this problem on my Z32 Nissan many years back and on a few BMW's and older Porsches that I owned. Petroleum distillates products are not recommended for rubber and vinyl.

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59424&highlight=armor-all

I think Eagle One Nano Protectant is the best product of this kind that I have ever seen or used and I've used MANY.
What's even nicer is that is does not smear if you get it on your glass. It just wipes off.
Not greasy and goofy shiney. It leaves a nice patina that is not slippery but smooth and clean feeling.
Great for leather and vinyl. This Eagle One Nano product line is my current favorite. Fast and easy with awesome results. It cut my detail time down two thirds. Can't say enough about this stuff.

Joe, Still your favorite? Like it better than Zymol Vinyl Conditioner?

I'm looking for something to start using that doesn't diminish the new car smell mine still has. Though I do not know what my NSX smelled like in 1993, I'm pretty damn sure it's not too far from how it smells now, due to the excellent care the 1st owner gave for 20 years in a climate controlled garage and then my care since 2013 (only food that's gone in the car is water and whatever was in my belly). Just been using water and microfiber to clean the interior occasionally. Sure would like to not dilute that smell with any leather or vinyl maintenance/treatment, though I'd think increasing that leather smell would blend in nicely. Better than a bouquet of roses held by Kate Beckinsdale just after a hot shower. :)

Last edited:
I use Lemon Pledge on all the plastic and rubber bits, works great and has a nice low gloss finish that doesn't attract dust.

What do I use? The two interior conditioner products described below - and they are amazing! They leave the surfaces clean and conditioned, with a slight satiny look to them, but without an oily, glossy look or feel.

Zymöl Vinyl Conditioner is a solvent-free, formaldehyde-free, oil-based feeding product that releases solvents and restores moisture. It's perfect for the dash and other vinyl parts of the interior.

Zymöl Treat Leather Conditioner is a solvent-free, banana-oil and collagen-based feeding product that releases trapped solvents and restores moisture to keep your leather looking, feeling, and smelling like new. It's excellent for the leather parts of the seat and interior.

Tip: If you are not sure which parts of the NSX interior are vinyl and which are leather, click here.

I use both of these too.

Mostly for the scent and that my NSX is in the garage.

But like the other guys, I use 303 since it's the best in terms of protection and longevity.

I have cars that sit in the sun for 10 years and no cracks or fade on the protected parts.

Learning from this thread - thank you all.

Concerning the wiki - which interior bits are leather versus vinyl : http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Leather

Leather

Seat cushion (top)
Seat bolsters
Seat backrest
Front side of the headrest
Door panel inserts
Shifter knob
Steering wheel

Vinyl

Back of the seat backrest
Sides of the seating cushion (back and bottom)
Inner side of lower seat bolster (portion nearest center carpet)
Parking brake lever
Shift boot
Glovebox door
Knee bolsters
Dash

Anyone care to provide any updated info for this listing? Particularly for 2000 and newer NSX's that went to perforated leather? (i.e. the parking brake lever is listed as vinyl in the above wiki listing - I swear the 2000-newer NSX's have leather on this - also the shift boot.) :confused:

Last edited:
Another fave is Meguire's Natural Shine interior protectant. It's low luster and not greasy.

I use nextzett cockpit premium. Matt finish and does a pretty good job for general wipe down of the interior.

I use Lemon Pledge on all the plastic and rubber bits, works great and has a nice low gloss finish that doesn't attract dust.

I personally wouldnt use Lemon Pledge as I had it remove the white lettering of switches before on my other cars. Thats just from my personal experience though.

I personally wouldnt use Lemon Pledge as I had it remove the white lettering of switches before on my other cars. Thats just from my personal experience though.

Interesting, I've used it on many cars over the last 20+ years and never experienced such a thing!

Back