What happens when the car in front blows an engine?

Just a little slipping and sliding and bumper car action.

29543537-L.jpg

29543541-L.jpg

29543546-L.jpg

29543549-L.jpg

29543553-L.jpg

29543561-L.jpg

29543566-L.jpg

29543533-L.jpg

29543570-L.jpg

29543577-L.jpg

29543582-L.jpg

29543586-L.jpg

29543589-L.jpg

Re: Are those corner workers on the ball??

Doesn't look like it to me. They should be pulling the a flag (yellow or at least the surface flag) out of their holster NOW and it looks to me like they've got their hands calmly folded in their laps.

My hat's are off to the vast majority of corner workers who are very good and who we depend on. (We should always contribute to their beer fund). But this incident shows that they're not all good.

Re: Are those corner workers on the ball??

92 white 0650 said:
Doesn't look like it to me. They should be pulling the a flag (yellow or at least the surface flag) out of their holster NOW and it looks to me like they've got their hands calmly folded in their laps.

My hat's are off to the vast majority of corner workers who are very good and who we depend on. (We should always contribute to their beer fund). But this incident shows that they're not all good.

I was shocked that they never threw the yellow with red stripe flag. The blown engine was on the "warm up" lap and that car was the last one through before they went green. This was the first time through Big Bend (Turn 1) for these formula racers after getting the green and I knew there would be a lot of carnage, something that for whatever reason the corner workers were oblivious to.

Is that a yellow rear fender or rear deck on the black tarmac at the far right edge of the first photo? It's just to the right of the corner worker. What's that from? :confused:

Why is there not a debrie or yellow flag for that object?

Last edited:
That is a yellow flag being held straight with his right arm as the flag man is turning to his left to look at the racer with the blown engine.

OLDE GUY said:
Is that a yellow rear fender or rear deck on the black tarmac at the far right edge of the first photo? It's just to the right of the corner worker. What's that from?

Why is there not a debrie or yellow flag for that object?

:confused: Looks like the car doing the dumping was in a different class than the other open wheel cars slip sliding away.

Peter Mills said:
That is a yellow flag being held straight with his right arm as the flag man is turning to his left to look at the racer with the blown engine.
Oh :confused: My bad :redface:

John:
It's not unusual for SCCA to run races with different class cars. In the fifth race there was GT1, GT2 and GT3. There was an over-all winner GT1 and two class winners GT2 and GT3. Jim Boggs (Panoz) finished fourth in GT2 and Sam Schultz (Panoz)finished sixth in class.

docjohn said:
:confused: Looks like the car doing the dumping was in a different class than the other open wheel cars slip sliding away.

Pete,what types of cars were ahead of Jim in gt2?

Back