• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is the best wax for my black NSX?

hey guys..I need some help, can anybody give me some idea on what wax gives the most glossy shine without swirls.....I've tried so many waxes...maybe somebody out there can help....thanks

Rick

I'm sorry, but we're not allowed to discuss specific brands of wax here. Perhaps you'd like to start a discussion of something less volatile, like religion or politics?
biggrin.gif

Trust me Rickstr, you do NOT want to go there. There have been battles fought over this in this forum. Moderators even had to come in and delete specific posts because it's getting way out of hand.

Please use the search feature and you will find anything and everything you will ever need about detailing products.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I'm sorry, but we're not allowed to discuss specific brands of wax here. Perhaps you'd like to start a discussion of something less volatile, like religion or politics?
biggrin.gif

Classic........Please for the love of GOD, don't anyone do it!! Rick, just try something, anything you want, better yet, try the FAQ or do a word search and you'll get all the info you need. Hurry, before the NAZI finds out and run.....run....like the wind!!!!

Welcome to the forum! Here's some advice, check the FAQs and use the search feature before posting questions.

As others have stated, bringing up a sensitive topic as this one is not the best way to ensure your longevity here.
wink.gif

Have fun!

Originally posted by PHOEN$X:
Welcome to the forum! Here's some advice, check the FAQs and use the search feature before posting questions.

As others have stated, bringing up a sensitive topic as this one is not the best way to ensure your longevity here.
wink.gif

Have fun!

My sentiments exactly

Just about any high quality two-step (seperate polish and wax) product will give you good results. Some brands thought highly of in this forum are Meguiar's, 3M, Zymol and Zaino. You may want to try several on your car to decide which you prefer. Some are easier to apply than others and some last longer. Stay away from products that combine the polish and wax in one product - although these may be fine for a daily driver, and fine for light colors like white, silver or gold; you will get better results on dark colors like yours with a two-step product.

Originally posted by Soichiro:
Just about any high quality two-step (seperate polish and wax) product will give you good results. Some brands thought highly of in this forum are Meguiar's, 3M, Zymol and Zaino. You may want to try several on your car to decide which you prefer. Some are easier to apply than others and some last longer. Stay away from products that combine the polish and wax in one product - although these may be fine for a daily driver, and fine for light colors like white, silver or gold; you will get better results on dark colors like yours with a two-step product.

HE SAID NAMES! HE SAID NAMES!!!!!!!!
RUN AWAY!

Keep trying different ones until you find one you like.

This may get you started:
http://www.gurureports.org/gurusonline/polls/index.php?dispid=2&vo=2

There are probably as many types and brands of wax as women's lipstick.. and as many products that work in conjunction with them!

There's no right answer to this question other then your own experimentation.

Good luck,
Sunny

Back