• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is the Best Year for the NSX?

NetViper said:
How so? The 6-speed is a huge improvement. If you think it is overrated, you must not have driven one.
I think if there is just ONE thing that makes the 97+ so much more enjoyable, it is the 6 speed. When I had my 97, the street feel was night and day compared to my 92. If I can just find that 2001 White coupe now.......
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
I think if there is just ONE thing that makes the 97+ so much more enjoyable, it is the 6 speed. When I had my 97, the street feel was night and day compared to my 92. If I can just find that 2001 White coupe now.......
Steve

They probably want $65000 for it!

NetViper said:
How so? The 6-speed is a huge improvement. If you think it is overrated, you must not have driven one.
amen, brother, amen

I'd say, look at the updates info in the FAQ. For the 3.2 cars, it seemed like 2000 was the earliest year w/ the most stuff done. Since '02, not a heckuva lot has been done, but that's the 1st year for the Celica headlamps. You can get krypton bulbs in <02 for not that much and there's even a DIY thing on here about it.

I prefer the 6 speed w/ the T top. A Zanardi would be cool, but having the roof off and the wind and sun is worth its weight in gold.

"NO AUTO. Targa was nice but not used. "
(see 1st orig post)

I have had enough verts through the yrs. to last a lifetime.
Not everyone is after the same thing. :smile:
As long as you get the one you like, you win!

liftshard said:
I'd say, look at the updates info in the FAQ. For the 3.2 cars, it seemed like 2000 was the earliest year w/ the most stuff done. Since '02, not a heckuva lot has been done, but that's the 1st year for the Celica headlamps. You can get krypton bulbs in <02 for not that much and there's even a DIY thing on here about it.

I prefer the 6 speed w/ the T top. A Zanardi would be cool, but having the roof off and the wind and sun is worth its weight in gold.

The 2000 changes are very insignificant. Perf leather? That's the only obvious change as I have driven an 01 and it does not seem to shift any better or worse than the 97 or 98 I have owned.

Back