• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

What is the quietest exhaust to go with a CTSC?

What is the quitested exhaust to go with a CTSC? Don't want to disturb the neighbors or attract too much attention. Maybe Comptech or Tubi?

Do you have an aftermarket one already? You could just stick with the OEM exhaust, and maybe get some headers if you wanted some more flow.

Comptech gen one exhaust is very quite, you want bother anyone. I don't think gen two will bother anyone either and it sounds better and weighs less.

Yup. Stock or Comptech are your two best bets. Anything else is going to be louder than you want. I'd get the new Comptech generation II.

I'm leaning towards the Comptech exhaust as well but I've a few of those exhaust blew up when used with a CTSC. Maybe this was an issue a few years ago?

I'm leaning towards the Comptech exhaust as well but I've a few of those exhaust blew up when used with a CTSC. Maybe this was an issue a few years ago?

I think that's a non-issue.

I would stay with the RM Racing exhaust, it has a nice deep growl that isn't too loud or disturbing to others IMO. If you do decide to get rid of it, let me buy it! :smile:

I've got the Comptech Gen 2 and I'm very happy with it. Sounds great when you open up on the throttle and not loud at all when cruising. I do not have a CTSC however.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to recognize CT gen 1 from gen 2? I know my car has CT exhaust and headers but I don't know which one I have... My car is 2004 and the CT package was dealer installed in spring 2004.

I would stay with the RM Racing exhaust, it has a nice deep growl that isn't too loud or disturbing to others IMO. If you do decide to get rid of it, let me buy it! :smile:

I may end up keeping it if it isn't too loud and most importantly if it passes smog over here in CA. If it doesn't I'll probably get a CT exhaust. I'll definitely let you know if I decide to part with it.

Does anyone know how to recognize CT gen 1 from gen 2? I know my car has CT exhaust and headers but I don't know which one I have... My car is 2004 and the CT package was dealer installed in spring 2004.

They look completely different. Gen 2 has 2 canisters, Gen 1 has one big one.

Back