• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What kind of Watch You Got?

So besides loving cars, i love watches too.
I have a few watches that i collected over the yrs.
This yr. i'm am buying a Panerai GMT PAM 88.
I have Baume Mercier, Omega (speedmaster), Breitling (hercules),
Rado (Jubilee), Zenith (open chronomaster), and 3 Casio G shocks.
There are so many nice watches out there and most i can't even afford. I like Big Face watches (44-46mm.) IWC big pilot is cool too. I also like European Company Watch.
So does anyone collect watches?

My pocket watch is my nokia phone, otherwise I don't wear one, however I do a fossil I got from a nissan test drive that looks nice. :D

hlweyl said:
ditto.... I'm on my fourth band with the ole timex.

I'd still have my old non-IndiGLO Triathlon if the watch shop didn't break it but I do still have the replacement Timex IndiGLO Triathlon they gave me. I'm not much of a watch person and only wear one when I workout.

Firesun said:

This yr. i'm am buying a Panerai GMT PAM 88.
:) Nice choice... I love the SS bracelet design on them! <p>
I own a Rolex GMT from the late 60's for a "sport" watch and a Vintage Cartier 18k Tank for a "dress" watch.

I never wear a watch. I use my phone for everything. One of my friends just broke off his engagement and traded the ring for a $4000 (retail) Rolex from Ben Bridge Jewelers. He's going to try to sell it instead of the ring for ~$3000, if anyone's interested. Only reason is, it's easier to sell a watch than a wedding band.

Breitling Superocean automatic (blue face)
Swiss army alliance white face
Some old Swiss army cronograph I have had for 12 years

Other random old watches that I had as a kid, swatch, guess adidas all about 14+ years old

Now shopping around for another watch for x mass

Looking mainly at Breguet, Omega, Zenith and Girad Perregaux

Im a horrible man because i collect faux rolex watches that i never wear. te one that i wear is a casio.

2 Movado and 1 Swiss Army. :)

breitling 'headwinds' with stainless bracelet and oyster face. Not a huge watch and works for dress or sport. Pretty indestructible as well. I also like the day/date function.

Ive been thinking about adding a Patek and/or Iwc.

For my High School graduation I told my parents "I wanna watch!" So they let me! :D

But seriously, my H.S. graduation present was a self-winding Seiko with a stainless case and a blue face. Almost 30 years later I still have it and it works great. Today I also have a Seiko Kinetic. It's self-winding as well with a, what else, titanium case.

i just picked up my panerai 88 GMT (44mm). I will be eating rice and soy sauce for the next 6 months...please send your doggie bag to me :D
Someone once said, "donation is the BEST NATION"
....o yah, it was tha bum i was giving $1 to ;)

If you like 44mm you may love the Eberhard Chrono4... I am crazy for it!

chrono4_31041.jpeg

I am working on a friend that gets 20% discount on those to get one... but still quite expensive :( .

But a 53 jewels movement is not that common!

Back