• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheel spacers what am I doing wrong.

There was a plastic ring on the hub that I did not notice. Once I got it off all is good now...

Last edited:
There was a plastic ring on the hub that I did not notice. Once I got it off all is good now...

My own curiousity is getting the better of me...I'm guessing the plastic ring was a hub centric ring to make the aftermarket wheels you have hub centric instead of lug centric? Do the spacers you have match the bore of the aftermarket wheel on the mating surface side or are you just going lug centric with the spacers in place?

Yes, I guess they made the Rays more hub centric. The ring was very small maybe 2mm. It was fused on there enough that I could not see it without a good flashlight.

new wheels are 64.1 so fit great

You need to have that ring on there or you will get shake in those aftermarket wheels. In all my experience buying aftermarket wheels that ring and a road force balance is the only thing that prevents that. I recommend putting it back.

Back