• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Where/how can I get an NSX test drive?

Hi everyone. I've been on this forums for a while. I was decising between a used NSX or a new S2K. I couldn't find an NSX to test drive, so I test drove a brand new S2K and end up buying it. Now that I've came to a few meets and seen some really nice NSX's, I was wondering if there is anyone that would give me a ride or parhaps even a test drive in an NSX? That would really help me decide if an NSX is right for me or not. I'm attracted to these NSX by what I've read on the forums, but I want to know more about how the car feels and drives.

I'm located in Glendale/Pasadena area. But I don't mind driving up to 2 hours to meet anyone who is generous enough to show me their car!

Thanks,
David

Last edited:
dont get the new s2k unless your getting the CR

its much more cost effective to get a ap1 with the 9000 redline... which is more fun btw.

if this car is going to be your daily driver, depending on your $ situation, the s2k is probably the better decision.

Hi everyone. I've been on this forums for a while. I was decising between a used NSX or a new S2K. I couldn't find an NSX to test drive, so I test drove a brand new S2K and end up buying it. Now that I've came to a few meets and seen some really nice NSX's, I was wondering if there is anyone that would give me a ride or parhaps even a test drive in an NSX? That would really help me decide if an NSX is right for me or not. I'm attracted to these NSX by what I've read on the forums, but I want to know more about how the car feels and drives.

I'm located in Glendale/Pasadena area. But I don't mind driving up to 2 hours to meet anyone who is generous enough to show me their car!

Thanks,
David

If you're open to a drive, how about attending the monthly Orange County Get Together, here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105997

? Usually 20-30 cars, and several friendly owners, many of whom own s2k's as well as nsx's.

dont get the new s2k unless your getting the CR

its much more cost effective to get a ap1 with the 9000 redline... which is more fun btw.

if this car is going to be your daily driver, depending on your $ situation, the s2k is probably the better decision.

Hi Ron, I already picked up the 2007 S2K a year ago :) I don't regret the purchase although I could have saved a bit more money with the AP1. I think I will keep the S2K, and add an NSX to my collection once I find a good deal on one.

--David

If you're open to a drive, how about attending the monthly Orange County Get Together, here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105997

? Usually 20-30 cars, and several friendly owners, many of whom own s2k's as well as nsx's.

Yeah, I've been to a few of these meets, I love them. I will probably go to that one too. But it's feels weird to talk to people, and then ask for a ride. I rather straight out ask them on the forums, that way, they can say no if they are unwilling. In person, it's rather inpolite, becomes some people are too nice to say "no". I'd hate to put them on the spot.

--David

Yeah, I've been to a few of these meets, I love them. I will probably go to that one too. But it's feels weird to talk to people, and then ask for a ride. I rather straight out ask them on the forums, that way, they can say no if they are unwilling. In person, it's rather inpolite, becomes some people are too nice to say "no". I'd hate to put them on the spot.

--David

There will be plenty of people at the SCA meet that will be very happy to give you a ride... we are all enthusiasts.

if you have the money on hand (at least to negotiate)... Focus Auto Sales in Garden Grove have three right now in the lot. They will allow you to test if you have money (check/cash) on hand.

if you have the money on hand (at least to negotiate)... Focus Auto Sales in Garden Grove have three right now in the lot. They will allow you to test if you have money (check/cash) on hand.

Cool, I have the money, but don't feel like having an obligation to buy if I like the car. Also, those salesman won't help me understand what's normal, and what's wrong with the car. They also will probably just beat on the pro side, to get me to buy the car.

--David

im sure some will take you for a ride.

i dont have a stock nsx right now or i'll donate a ride.

if you want a ride in a twin turbo, drop by one of the meets up in valencia and ill bring the nsx.

about diving the nsx :tongue: i wont even let my mother drive it... well i probably would, but you get the point.

if something did happen, everyone involved feels pretty stupid.

inregards to your purchase, put down a little extra for a nsx in better condition.

a ragged out nsx is always a headache and will detract from the pride of ownership if you have to go through and fix everything.

do it right the first time and start enjoying your nsx asap. be picky. dont get the first thing that comes up if your not 100% on the car. NSX is something that if you dont have it just right, it'll start bugging you.

do it right the first time and start enjoying your nsx asap. be picky. dont get the first thing that comes up if your not 100% on the car. NSX is something that if you dont have it just right, it'll start bugging you.

+1

It took me 8 months and 20 NSX's before I bought mine. I'll sell it when I can't drive anymore, not a day sooner.

im sure some will take you for a ride.

i dont have a stock nsx right now or i'll donate a ride.

if you want a ride in a twin turbo, drop by one of the meets up in valencia and ill bring the nsx.

about diving the nsx :tongue: i wont even let my mother drive it... well i probably would, but you get the point.

if something did happen, everyone involved feels pretty stupid.

inregards to your purchase, put down a little extra for a nsx in better condition.

a ragged out nsx is always a headache and will detract from the pride of ownership if you have to go through and fix everything.

Understood, thanks for the advice. I will wait for my perfect car; no rush this time. I still have my S2k that's less than a year old.

I'm going to head over to Garden Grove Acura's tomorrow and test drive the dealer cars. I figure I have the cash so they'll have to let me test drive it. But I won't necessary buy it just yet.

-David

Yep Focus Auto!

I'll try to see if I could get a hold of them tomorrow.

--David

Back