• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which car(s), if any, look better than the Nsx?

Which of these cars look better than an Acura NSX?

• Total voters
I'm really not trying to be biased in making this thread, however I've really become desensitized to the aesthetics of other cars because of my Nsx. My problem has gotten worse. I've completely lost interest in appreciating any other cars for their "inherent" beauty. I've become seemingly uninterested in attending car shows in anticipation for disappointment or in fear of insulting other enthusiasts by staring at my own car the whole time. I may need car therapy. Can someone help me understand which cars, if any, look better than the Nsx? With modifications or without, it's all good. I've yet to find a worthy opponent to challenge in a walk off.
Included is a poll that consists of cars that I used to think were up to par. Feel free to add your choices
Your input is appreciated.

th

1693006d1366046744-picture-your-355-you-took-today-8648289317_c6bce99c0b_o.jpg

Last edited:
Our cars look amazing and were VERY ahead of their time.

Although, I do love 458's!

Looks are subjective. Case in point, a friend of mine thinks the S2000 looks better than an NSX.

Personally, I think their are a bunch of cars that look better than the NSX. Thing is, all of them cost $200k+. I think the NSX is the best looking car under $120k.

Last edited:
You have NSX and then you have NSX. There are vast differences to me.

Personally, I think their are a bunch of cars that look better than the NSX. Thing is, all of them cost $200k+. I think the NSX is the best looking car under $120k.

More like, best looking under 50k.

There are a few cars on this list that look better than the NSX, but their price is hard to justify when you can get an NSX for so much less.

I want a ford GT very badly.

I do love the Enzo and the Carrera GT.

But there comes a point where the appearance of a car is inseparable from the iconography of its reputation. When you see an NSX on the road, you not only think "wow that looks cool" but also "those are reliable and you can drive the fuck out of them, I bet s/he loves that car". When you see something like a Lambo Diablo on the road, you not only think "wow that looks cool" but also "I hear the clutch is awful, it probably has 8k miles on it and costs $10k a year to maintain"

Cultural significance is also a factor. In fact, I suspect a good chunk of Ferraris are sold nowadays not by their styling or performance, but by the cultural significance of the marque.

I know looks are subjective but are they really?

do you guys think the 458/aventador and some of the newer cars can stand against time the way the Nsx did?

I still prefer to f40/f50 to the 458
and the diablo to the aventAdor

something inside me says they'll never get it the way they did in the late 80's/early 90's.
Everything is overkill!
my .02

Very few designs have stood time like the NSX. For sure.

Most of those cars are styling extremes in their time which makes them look dated when that style is no longer in fashion. The NSX looks the best and has held the test of time. The only car that comes close is the Enzo.

If I won a $250 million Lotto, the McLaren MP4 12C and F1. I also like the FXX and Ford GT40. But as others have said, for my budget the NSX remains supreme. Hell even if I had the money I'd own an NSX.- like the one haunted by Senna that's up for sale.

The NSX is not a "beautiful" car, IMO. I do love it for what it is, though. The styling, while somewhat subdued in the world of supercars, was very unique and will always be iconic for many reasons. It is not so much a natural beauty to me as it is an icon of performance, engineering, and intelligence.

My ideas of beautiful cars are somewhat different. The truly beautiful cars are the ones that have a lasting impact based on styling without respect to other qualities. I can think of a view I would put in that category. Not in any particular order.

Lancia Stratos:

vintage-supercar-gallery-lancia-stratos-12.jpg

Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale

Alfa-Romeo-33-Stradale.jpg

Porsche 550 spyder

My_550_BW_2-2003-sv02.jpg

Of course the miura, several ferraris, the list of classics could go on...

As far as contemporary cars go, I think there are several that best the NSX in terms of styling

458, LFA, , any Aston from the past 10 years, 997, Ford GT, etc...

The NSX is not a "beautiful" car, IMO. I do love it for what it is, though. The styling, while somewhat subdued in the world of supercars, was very unique and will always be iconic for many reasons. It is not so much a natural beauty to me as it is an icon of performance, engineering, and intelligence.

My ideas of beautiful cars are somewhat different. The truly beautiful cars are the ones that have a lasting impact based on styling without respect to other qualities. I can think of a view I would put in that category. Not in any particular order.

Lancia Stratos:

vintage-supercar-gallery-lancia-stratos-12.jpg

Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale

Alfa-Romeo-33-Stradale.jpg

Porsche 550 spyder

My_550_BW_2-2003-sv02.jpg

Of course the miura, several ferraris, the list of classics could go on...

As far as contemporary cars go, I think there are several that best the NSX in terms of styling

458, LFA, , any Aston from the past 10 years, 997, Ford GT, etc...

IMO it's this subdued characteristic of the Nsx that has allowed it to aesthetically withstand the test of time,as opposed to other supercar designers who have used the "shock and awe" design approach only to spark interest for that particular time frame. The Nsx design is millennium-proof, where as cars such as the miura, countach and the like have become emblems of the past. It's jet-fighter design still contends with the best of them today, that cannot be said about some of these other cars, despite of their historical impact on the automotive world.
That said, the miura is stunning In it's own regard, much like the 280z. Just not 2013 stunning :p

Last edited:
Back