• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which is the better movie? Super Troopers or Beerfest?

For those of you who are a fan of Broken Lizard, you know what I'm talking about. I've gone back and forth on this a million times and had many debates with my friends over this and still have no firm conclusion.

Super Troopers is what got me started with Broken Lizard and like many other cult movies really just flew under the radar. For the longest time, I firmly felt it was the best BL had to offer. With high expectations, I thought Beerfest was good but not great. However, as time has moved on I really started to really appreciate Beerfest. Now with random repeat cable viewings, I find myself more excited to see that Beerfest is on, over Super Troopers. Part of what I enjoy about Beerfest is what I can relate to in my crazy college heydey. Unlike my time as a State Trooper, of which, there is none.

So you fans of Broken Lizard and have seen both movies, which do you think is the better movie?

Oh and for those people who have no idea what I'm talking about: GO SEE THESE MOVIES!!! They are hilarious!

i honestly didn't like beerfest at all. maybe it's just me, or the same thing you went through. maybe i just need to watch it a few more times to appreciate it more.

super troopers on the other hand was amazing. first time, and every time.

That was my thinking too... initially. But after a few repeat watchings of Beerfest, there are so many little things that you'll catch that you missed the first time.

I like both movies....being a fan of slapsitck comedies myself with police academy 1-1000000, revenge of the nerds, superbad, american pie, etc

both movies are funny

Ditto Super Troopers.

Why didn't you include Club Dread? I thought that one was the best of the 3.

I thought about it, and it was funny, but for me it comes in a very close third. Bill Paxton is epic in that movie, on par with the against type role of Jeff Bridges as The Dude in the Big Liebowski. The line:

"Oral Roberts? Is that like Anal Johnson? Because I have done that a few times. Or was it Dirty Sanchez?"

Still makes me laugh today.

I thought about it, and it was funny, but for me it comes in a very close third. Bill Paxton is epic in that movie, on par with the against type role of Jeff Bridges as The Dude in the Big Liebowski. The line:

"Oral Roberts? Is that like Anal Johnson? Because I have done that a few times. Or was it Dirty Sanchez?"

Still makes me laugh today.

Whenever I hear Margaritaville I tell people that Buffet stole it, and the song was originally titled Pina Coladaburg. I usually just get blank stares. Watch it a few dozen more times and you might change your ranking. Plus, it's got the hottest chics.

I'd have to vote Super Troopers... wasnt real big on Beerfest. Super Troopers has soooo many great lines.

I think that all the BL movies require multiple viewings, although i really enjoyed Club Dread. The first time I saw Super Troopers i hated it, but after watching it over and over with friends, it's now one of my favorite movies, same goes for Beerfest.

Did you know that they are making Super Troopers 2, it's suppose to come out in 2011.

Back