• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who makes a nice lightweight car cover for the NSX?

ACURA :tongue:

Hrant on this board offers a very nice, lightweight car cover for the NSX that I use on my black while in the garage to keep dust off. It folds down much, much smaller than the OEM car cover and it does a great job of keeping dust/salt air/etc. off of the car (at least in my garage). No problems at all with scratches (although I should point out that I never put the cover on without at least using Meguiars Quik Detailer on the car first) so there's no dirt between the cover and the car.

Christian, thanks for the compliment :smile: As I have said in other posts, the OEM is good product for certain applications and uses; and if someone can find a better product than mine, let them buy it :wink:

I do not know anything about Hrant's cover, and am not recommending what I am about to suggest as better or worse than his as a result. It is just an alternative response. I have used Hrant's floor mats and they are good quality, so I bet the cover he sells is as well. But I think more information is always beneficial in finding just what you want.

I use a WeatherShield Cover - Size G3. It is very light and collapses down to much smaller than the thick OEM cover.

For outdoor use, it has a benefit and a detriment over the OEM cover. The benefit is that it can get rained on and will not soak up the water like the OEM cover (a real problem for me when surprise rains happened while my car was parked with the OEM cover on, eventually leaving me paranoid about putting the OEM cover on if there was any chance of rain). The detriment is that it is so light that in the wind it can be very hard to put on or take off as it blows around like a parachute. I bet neither of these will be relevant for your garage use, but I wanted to mention both for other readers.

For you, its being lightweight and compacting down to be so small are the main benefits over the OEM one. It is also available in colors, and I got mine in blue to match the car (which I think looks nicer than tan/gray/white/etc. covers). It is also available in red. I got mine at AutoBarn.com.

Save for the billowing issue in the wind, I have been very happy with it.

Chip

Last edited:
Back