• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Windshield Replacement - OEM Glass No Longer Available.

Some time during 2016 new OEM windshields for the NSX passed into the history books. Acura is now outsourcing the windshields from a single outside vendor. If you are in the market for a new windshield your best bet is to go to one of the reputable glass shops such as Safelite Auto Glass and have them purchase the glass and install it. Several owners, myself included, have been very pleased with the work that Safelite has done. One thing you will want to do is pre-purchase the moldings, spacers and rubber components from Acura since these are not generic parts that the glass installer will have in stock or replace. For your convenience here is the list of parts you'll need.I would also recommend providing Safelite with the pages out of the service manual regarding the windshield replacement just in case the techs aren't completely familiar with the NSX and it's parts you'll be supplying them with.

• RUBBER B, FR. WINDSHIELD DAM 73125-SL0-000 1 $59.85
  • RUBBER, FR. WINDSHIELD DAM (A) 73124-SL0-000 1 $8.77
  • SPACER, FR. WINDSHIELD 73126-SL0-000 2 $9.50
  • MOLDING, FR. WINDSHIELD (UPPER) 73151-SL0-023 1 $43.58
  • FASTENER, FR. WINDSHIELD (UPPER) 73152-SL0-013 1 $75.75
(2016 Prices)
Make sure to let your glass shop know that they need to make sure the new glass has the VIN window. Also, don't accept any glass that has scratches or clarity issues. My shop rejected the first windshield that arrived due to it not meeting their spec's.

Safelite replaced my windscreen with a non oem back when a deer tried jumping into the passenger seat at 25 mph. Still holding up fine for about 3 years. The did use all oem seals though which I insisted upon.

Last week the Safelite installer tore my molding during the install and they are telling me the upper molding and fastener parts are no longer available ( MOLDING, FR. WINDSHIELD (UPPER) 73151-SL0-023 1 $43.58, FASTENER, FR. WINDSHIELD (UPPER) 73152-SL0-013 1 $75.75). Does anyone have a lead on these items. The Acura dealership place an open backorder on it so I'm hoping the european/Japan market will respond. PM me if you have info on where to source these parts.

Last week the Safelite installer tore my molding during the install and they are telling me the upper molding and fastener parts are no longer available ( MOLDING, FR. WINDSHIELD (UPPER) 73151-SL0-023 1 $43.58, FASTENER, FR. WINDSHIELD (UPPER) 73152-SL0-013 1 $75.75). Does anyone have a lead on these items. The Acura dealership place an open backorder on it so I'm hoping the european/Japan market will respond. PM me if you have info on where to source these parts.

You can try contacting Marc @ SpeedyPartsjapan here on Prime.

I had my windshield replaced about a year ago by Safelite and bought all the oem pieces to be put in and even went as far as printing the service manual page for it. The installer gave me the assurance that he's done it before yet still failed to install it properly which deemed the oem pieces unusable after they were glued down and peeled off. I ended up using the rubber moldings they provide which were actually pretty good (obviously not pretty as the oem part) but they work well. To make a long story short, it took a total of 2 days with the technician having to come back along with a separate day for me to go to their office to settle their attempt with the supervisor to discount me from parts that they messed up which was far from the amount of the oem parts I purchased.

Anyhow goodluck! Hope it works out for you!

Everything I have backordered from Acura has always come in much faster than originally anticipated. So try not to worry. They'll find it. Long as it wasn't discontinued.

What should an approximate cost be of a new windshield including labor but excluding the items listed in post #1 ?

Reminds me of the days when a little stone chip appeared on my windshield right in front of my sight. Being more picky back then I called the insurance company. They agreed to take over the costs. Knowing that it could be a risk/mess I finally refused to replace it and got used to the stone chip being small enough and now it doesn't bother me anymore at all. Sh*t just happens. Depending of how big and where the stone chip is I'd think about replacing it or not. 'New' is not always better...

Just a word of caution with Safelite. They replaced my windshield and the replacement was defective. It had blemishments in the glass like waveyness. Called safelite up and they came out and replaced it with a new windshield which was good. However the first appointment to come out the installer called me and said the replacement was again defective. So it was actually the third windshield that was okay.
They did stand by their warranty though and replaced the defective glass. Their installers were good.

You can try contacting Marc @ SpeedyPartsjapan here on Prime.

I had my windshield replaced about a year ago by Safelite and bought all the oem pieces to be put in and even went as far as printing the service manual page for it. The installer gave me the assurance that he's done it before yet still failed to install it properly which deemed the oem pieces unusable after they were glued down and peeled off. I ended up using the rubber moldings they provide which were actually pretty good (obviously not pretty as the oem part) but they work well. To make a long story short, it took a total of 2 days with the technician having to come back along with a separate day for me to go to their office to settle their attempt with the supervisor to discount me from parts that they messed up which was far from the amount of the oem parts I purchased.

Anyhow goodluck! Hope it works out for you!

That is almost spot on what happened to me. Brought all OEM parts to Safelite with instructions. Walk out to the car see the top molding missing after replacement. Upon further inspection they snapped the cowl and would not go back in. Almost $500 in new OEM Acura parts that Safelite purchased. They assured me they had done plenty in the past.

Damn, this is good info! Thanks for providing it to the community!

I can only speak for NA2 windshields. But there are 8 in country as I write and are not to be discontinued soon because there is no W before part# which denotes discontinuation is upon us. HTH

I can only speak for NA2 windshields. But there are 8 in country as I write and are not to be discontinued soon because there is no W before part# which denotes discontinuation is upon us. HTH

Does anyone know if the NA2 and NA1 windshields are interchangeable?

Does anyone know if the NA2 and NA1 windshields are interchangeable?

You could assume NO as they have different part numbers:

NA1 = 73111-SL0-506
NA2 = 73111-SL0-A02

Looks like the part number changed in 1999 from -506 to -A02.

Last edited:
Different part numbers mean that something is different between the 2 windshields . It does not mean that either windshield will not fit all NSXs ( I don't know if they do or not; the difference could be tint etc ). I guess it all depends on your definition of interchangeable.

I believe it means all glass - all the parts that I can see for 97+ cars have "green" glass - older cars have "blue" glass part descriptions, and a different suffix to the part number.
For windshields, the "blue" and "green" doesn't correlate to the colour of the upper band of tinting (towards the roof) as far as I can tell. My car is a late '99 and has a blue upper tint band, yet the replacement part is described as "green" glass - I think this refers to the UV-cut properties.
More modern car glass has both UV and IR reduction properties on some models.

Yes and if you put an aftermarket windshield in a 97+ nsx you will notice it does not match your your side windows

I’m having my windshield replaced by Safelite. I bought all the oem parts, any advice before they do it?

Remove your A pillar covers. The cutting wire they use damages them.

Interestingly, I had the windshield replaced in June 2009 on my '96. The OEM windshield itself cost $797.22. The shop I used choked when they saw the price and submitted it to my insurance company for pre-approval. Amazingly, my insurance company approved.

The installer used all Acura parts for the trim, etc, with the total bill coming to $1015.15. Therefore all other parts+labor+ 7% sales tax was $218. I only had to pay a $100 deductible.

I was unable to detect any difference in appearance vs the original windshield. So far, no problems with it after 8 years. Note that the shop used a (homemade) long-handled knife to cut out the old windshield. They stopped using the piano wire tool after a friend lost an eye when the wire broke.:frown:

Back