• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Would Toda cams be useless on a supercharged nsx?

Just wanting to pick some brains and see if any extra power could be squeezed out of my setup.

SOS Stage 1 Longblock 9.5:1 compression
NA2 intake valves
LMAs
2.1L blower
Ported TB
Oil pump gear
I/E/H/HFC
Flex fuel
AEM Infinity

Car pushes about 10-11psi depending on temp. Made 411whp on e85. Block, fueling, clutch, trans are all safe up to 500whp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Depends.

Presumably the Toda cams are longer in duration and / or higher in lift. That theoretically allows for greater air / fuel mixture flow in to the cylinder which should translate into more horsepower. That is presuming that your supercharger is not the restriction in the delivery path and can support a higher mass flow rate through the engine. If your supercharger is maxed out in terms of its mass flow rate, reducing the restriction imposed by the int & exh valves may just drop the discharge pressure on the supercharger with a minimal increase in horsepower. If your supercharger can support a higher mass flow rate then the Toda cams might result in a horsepower increase.

Of course, if your supercharger can support a higher mass flow rate why wouldn't you just crank up the boost? That would be cheaper than adding the Toda cams.

Time to dig out the curves for the supercharger and do the math.

Back