• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Would you and could you?

Hell no. What teenager needs a new car, even a Kia? The car my parents gave me for free was a beater worth less than the cost of a major service on an NSX.

I have two kids and I'm on my third NSX....never wanted to sell my first one( NSX, not kid :tongue:)

Life happens and sometimes we need to sell our toys....

But that one seems a bit odd to me....why not find a nice used civic and keep the NSX???

Especially doing a trade in!!! Wtf???? No way he got proper value on that deal.....poor guy.

Last edited:
I have two kids and I'm on my third NSX....never wanted to sell my first one( NSX, not kid :tongue:)

Life happens and sometimes we need to sell our toys....

But that one seems a bit odd to me....why not find a nice used civic and keep the NSX???

Especially doing a trade in!!! Wtf???? No way he got proper value on that deal.....poor guy.

maybe he's just playing around. the forte is 15k msrp and with their 84 months financing what's that like 178$~ per month the kid can work at walmart and afford it. lol

I disagree with you guys on this one. When my oldest daughter got her license, I purchased her a new Mazda 3. After having my son in his used Golf turbo having mechanical problems and having his car broken on the side of the road, I chose to buy her a new car. It's different with your daughter. Crazy world, crazy people. Knowing my daughter was safe in a new car brought comfort to me and my wife. So, I respect this man. We need more father's like this.

My parents raised me with the idea of nothing comes for free. I didn't get a car (1999 honda accord ex new!) to share with my sister till I was 17 and only get to use the car to go to school and family grocery shopping.

I didn't like the idea back then, but looking back now, I do thank my parents for that. Old saying in Taiwan, teach your kids how to fish instead of fishing for them. Of course, when my kids are old enough to drive and I'm financially well with my kids knowing and appreciate the value of money, I'd probably buy a safe new car for them if there are no other options. Which I doubt since there is always a couple DD beaters in the family lol.

Anyway, I think the video is a fake.

Last edited:
I disagree with you guys on this one. When my oldest daughter got her license, I purchased her a new Mazda 3. After having my son in his used Golf turbo having mechanical problems and having his car broken on the side of the road, I chose to buy her a new car. It's different with your daughter. Crazy world, crazy people. Knowing my daughter was safe in a new car brought comfort to me and my wife. So, I respect this man. We need more father's like this.

yeah, if you buy a used german car that was probably beat on by it's former owners, you're going to have problems...

No new cars for new drivers is my rule, too many things happen during the "learning curve" of gaining driving experience. Plus how would you feel having traded in your NSX only to have this new car crunched within a month's time.

That is just insane! I hope he got some Charmin with the Kia as well!

I don't have kids but I understand what he did for the sake of his hold but, why not just sell the rims and part a few things off the NSX and put a down payment on the car and have his daughter make the payments... There had to have been other options he could have taken. It sucks, but that's a fathers love for his daughter, can't fault him for that.

Nope I would only trade it in for a life saving surgery for my children if they needed it.

other than that Nope

he might as well do it, never learned where the engine cover prop is supposed to go!! :)

... and would i buy my child a BRAND NEW car???? .. NO, it WILL get scraped/scratched/kerbed/knocked/crashed! def a beater for the first car, something to learn in!

Last edited:
I have a daughter. I've done well for myself and hopefully that stays as the case. I will buy her a new car when she gets into university. I say when cause it's not gonna be an option lol

she didnt even look happy or grasp what her dad did for her.

but you kinda dont know who got the better deal, was his NSX needing major service soon, brakes, a knocking in the engine, was it a salvage NSX

we dont know the other side if the story

While a brand new car might not be a great idea for a new driver, I could never understand the thinking behind buying your wife or child a beater car. I would not have my wife or daughter driving anything that I would not be happy driving myself. I definitely wouldn't be getting a Kia for them new or used.

Emphatic "no". And it has nothing to do with it being an NSX that was sacrificed. What happened to working for and earning what you have?!! Adds to ability to appreciate what one has when it is earned vs. granted. I might sound like an old fart (which I am) but no, learning work ethic is much more valuable than the value of a new car.

No way. Kids shouldn't have new cars. They should have safe, reliable cars that you don't care if they get banged up, because they will. Plus I feel a child should have to put up at least half the funds themselves.

Last edited:
I guess I would if I could afford it , but then again probably not. Kids are in the I deserve everything generation. I had to sell my Corvette when we had our first child. Not until I retired could I afford another toy.
Both my boys saved and bought their own cars.

NO, NO , that's for both of my son's. I don't have a daughter and might not understand the daddy's little girl complex. I can't imagine getting rid of my car for a new kia, there are much better options out there for used cars, a carefully looked over Honda civic would be 3k and the insurance would be cheaper too. In addition most accidents involve new drivers under the age of 25, thats' why insurance companies have such hi rates for young drivers.
I plan to have my kids work to help pay for their car's when its time. They will learn the value and appreciate it more. my .02

Back