• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

You guys see this?

im actually calling the guy on monday... says it runs great and has 70K on it, what do you thinks wrong from the flood? just interior or the whole body?

A friend saw this car go thru the auction, he called me right away to tell me. We also saw an 05 or 04 S2000 with about 8K on it go thru with minor water damage as well. As for the NSX, It has been branded as far as I know, and only got for export or track use I believe the reserved bid was around $16K CND. He did take a quick look at it and said it looked to be in really good shape, guess the insurance c/o decided to write it off. My friend thought it would be a goodn candidate for parting-out. I think it was involved in the T.O flooding this past summer. :frown:

Either way good car for a tear down and rebuild to make sure you get the 'gremlins' out of the electrical system. Would be a nice track car :smile: Would the previous owned possibly be lurking around Prime? Might find out some more info?

Im am just noting its VIN number as jh4na1153pt800009 in case anyone runs a search on it in the future.

Seller appears to claim that the car can be retitled if exported. YIKES!

Saw this car the other day...The Ebay buyer was a reneger, called the guy made an appointment to view the car...

Car is sharp!

Only a couple of minor issues, interior is excellent...

Jut to chime on the water/electrical concerns, all the computers in these cars aside from the SRS are just below the rear window, water never got close to these so no issues to worry about now or in the future..

Runs and sounds excellent..

Has a custom install of a Flowmaster Exhaust and it sounds WIcked....Sure beats the stock exhaust of my 91'.

Thinking of selling my Silver 91 with 10,000 k's and buying this one, hell even if it's just for the track how can you go wrong at these dollars??? and my 91' only sits in the garage most of the time any hoo...

Rubber side down...Always! LOL>.....

1991 Sebring Silver M/T 10,400 klms---Available......
1973 Porsche 911 "S" MFI
1987 Porsche 928 S4

Last edited:
But I think one of the issues is that it can not be registered in Ontario, or maybe even any CDN province. This is why the sellers says its a good track or export car.

If it ran well (and I had physical room for it), Id get it for a track car, but Id also need a trailer and a tow vehicle.

JorjeM said:
Is this because of what SPA said with the electrical problems?

You'll find electrical devices hidden in the car in places you never imagined.
Those will likely to go faulty over time.
Its not just a computer here or there, there's electrical (multiple) devices in your doors, in the front, on the enige, everywhere. They might test 100% percent good now, but the water and even sludge buildup inside of relays/motors a.s.o. will give trouble. Then you replace the part for a new one, to find out later the connectors are corroding.... needing a new cable.. but coz a new cable is very expensive, a different connector is put on the cable, which does not have the same quality fittings as the original one, which..........

My buddy bought years back a half year old car, which had been in the water, just the front... Things where going wrong, all the time, things you wouldn't normally think off. Bearings, relays, motors, articulators, wires, connectors, cables.....a.s.o....

One day, his blinkers start to act realy weird. So i get in there, search around, pull a relay for the blinker. Relay looks like new, even the relay-base, where all the relays where located looking like new, never been wet...
Open up the relay, like a bucket full of sludge and goo inside.

But then, it all depends on pricing, and if your willing to deal with the problems which can(!) arise, might be a steal, and never see a problem... the thing is, you never know.

very interesting..I wanted a cheap one with a good frame to build a widebody.

Unless the car has 'junk' or parts only brand it can still be retitled. It's probably just salvage now and if you bring it up to spec it will retitle as rebuilt.

If it's parts/junk forget about it.

Back