• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zanardi battery Mount

A bit of a long shot since there aren't many Zanardi's out there:

The battery of my '94 died and I decided to lose some weight going the OEM route with using a Zanardi (aka Civic/Integra) battery.

Granted the new battery is more compact, the mounting is a bit different from the standard size battery. I have an incomplete listing of parts to mount the battery using OEM hardware.

It seems like the tray and possibly the spare tire holder is different also.

If anybody has a Zanardi or access to one or figured out the OEM hardware required to mount that battery, I'd really appreciate it if they could snap a few pictures of how the battery is mounted. I think a few shots of the spare tire area with the spare tire removed (front/side/top and 3/4 view) would be enough for me to sort it out.

Thank you all.

--
George

i can get a couple for you in the pm. i dont know if the older cars are the same way but my nsx eats the smaller battery up in a week. have to keep a tender on the z

The pictures totally help. It looks like the tray that holds the battery and spare tire are completely different between the Zanardi and the other models.

Once I get the new parts in, I'll post up pictures to compare differences between the two for future reference in case anybody else wants to go this route.

As Zanardi43 stated earlier, a battery tender is definitely recommended as the regular battery doesn't last all that long: for more than 2 weeks, or at least mine didn't. Perhaps my battery was on it's last legs. I will be wiring a plug to the battery terminals for the battery tender to plug into so it will be a little more convenient to keep the battery topped off.

The only differences left to be seen are between the spare tires. Hopefully my old one will work.

Thanks again for all the help.

--
George

Keep life simple, wire the battery tender terminals to the fuse box on top of the RF wheel well area. That's where I have mine.

Zanardi43, your hooks are backward. The cut end is supposed to point out (away from) of the tray, not in toward the battery.

Last edited:
Zanardi43, the positive clamp looks to be touching the battery tie-down holder. That bar is metal with a thin layer of rubber on it. I had a tiny blue spark once with the same set-up.

The battery on my '92 just died and I am in the process of upgrading it with the smaller battery, did you or anyone else ever figure out all of the parts that are required? At this point I've purchased a new hold down bracket 31512-SH3-010 and two shorter J hooks 31513-SP0-010 and the smaller battery tray [FONT=&quot]31521-SL0-N10[/FONT]

Looks like I also need this 31514-SL0-N10 which is only available in Japan and a 6x10 bolt 93405-060-1605

When using the original holes in the aluminum pan for the J-hooks they come in at an angle with the shorter battery hold down bracket so I'm assuming 31514-SL0-N10 is needed to allow the J Hooks to have a place to secure to when a smaller battery is used.

Has anyone done this swap - I want to make sure I have all of the correct parts.

The pictures totally help. It looks like the tray that holds the battery and spare tire are completely different between the Zanardi and the other models.

Once I get the new parts in, I'll post up pictures to compare differences between the two for future reference in case anybody else wants to go this route.

As Zanardi43 stated earlier, a battery tender is definitely recommended as the regular battery doesn't last all that long: for more than 2 weeks, or at least mine didn't. Perhaps my battery was on it's last legs. I will be wiring a plug to the battery terminals for the battery tender to plug into so it will be a little more convenient to keep the battery topped off.

The only differences left to be seen are between the spare tires. Hopefully my old one will work.

Thanks again for all the help.

--
George

Back