• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zanardi sighting!

Hello all, just wanted to share my excitement in seeing the first (for me) Zanardi NSX in the wild. It was in downtown Winston-Salem, NC chilling at out front of a restaurant. I was on a long, hot bicycle ride and circled twice to find out who the owner was so I could talk to them, but apparently they were inside instead of the patio and I didn't feel like waiting around in the heat to talk to them. I know there is an owner in Greensboro, but other than that I know of none in the area. If anyone knows who this might be, or if this is a Prime member and this was you, please chime in. BTW, this car looked mint!

That's the only person I could think of, I guess I should have waited to find out who the owner was. By the time I rode back through they were gone.:frown:

That's the only person I could think of, I guess I should have waited to find out who the owner was. By the time I rode back through they were gone.:frown:

There is a possibility that this could have been Doug (from Hondajet). He has a '98 red NSX with BBS wheels painted to match the Zanardi wheels. At first glance this could be mistaken for a Zanardi.

True John, I circled back around to do a double take and it did have red calipers which made me wonder. I also didn't look closely enough to see if it was a coupe or not. Is Doug new? I don't believe I've seen him on Prime.

True John, I circled back around to do a double take and it did have red calipers which made me wonder. I also didn't look closely enough to see if it was a coupe or not. Is Doug new? I don't believe I've seen him on Prime.

Actually, Doug has a long history with Acura/Honda. He worked for Acura corporate for many years before going over to HondaJet. He is currently a VP there. A huge car enthusiast. He currently has a '97 red NSX-T. I know he is pretty busy and travels a lot with the HondaJet now in production. I don't have a Prime ID for him.

John

Back