• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ZO6 VS. NSX

Originally posted by 8000RPM:
Those must be some wicked headers.

actually the stall is more "wicked" than the headers.. at the time I ran the NSX with just a lid and cutout, I ran a 13.2 best..with the addition of the headers I ran a 12.6.. with the addition of the stall, I now run a 12.03 and thats with full weight, (3615 with me in it) stock internals and no nitrous. I would say 13.2 to a 12.03 is a HUGE differnce and for anyone that knows how much a stall converter helps from a stop, they will tell you the same
smile.gif
..oh btw.. my car only dynoes at 313rwhp and 371 rwt
smile.gif

Originally posted by NetViper:
I rode around the track at NSXPO with wei-shin in his S/C NSX and he told me that he could not pass the Z06. I think it was stock.. but i am not 100% sure. It was really fast! Also, I think the driver was really good, but then again, so is wei-shin..

Yes... Brett Paul's Z06 was completely stock at NSXPO, except for tires.

Bottom line is this, race fans - the Z06 will drive circles around even a well prepared NSX. That said, another DFW area instructor who has owned and tracked an M3, F348, and most recently a Z06 drove a BaschBoosted NSX with a Brembo brake kit (after making fun of our "Japerrari" cars for a long time) and said had he known the car was that much fun to drive, he would have picked up a used one instead of the Z06.

I have driven a lot of cars as a track instructor, and own a 996 as my "other" car. The NSX is just more fun to drive, on the street and at the track than any other car I've had the chance to be behind the wheel of.

EDR

Originally posted by erobbins:
..The Z06 will drive circles around even a well prepared NSX.....EDR

What about the 02 NSX-R? That would be a better comparo to the Z06 than the U.S. spec NSX-T. I've seen Tsukuba track times of the R in the Modena and even 911TT teeritory, depending on the driver. Food for thought.

Atta Boy! Welcome into the fray!
I was hoping you would weigh in.
How do you feel the ZO6 measures up to the Lambo, Viper,348, Lotus, NSX, Z8 etc.. Any real world experience(s)?

Maybe Allan hasnt driven a Z06? Too cheap for him to drive? LOL.. but its nice to get opinions from everyone on cars..better if u have actually driven the 2 cars u are comparing in real life ( not GT3 lol )instead of basing it on what mags or people say.. thats the best way!
smile.gif

From my real world experience with the Z06, i can tell you the following. I can beat them easily in the Diablo. The Z06 will destroy any Nsx and 348 Ferrari. I've had several good races with my Lotus and a 2002 Z06 and a 1991 Basch Supercharged Nsx with headers and exhaust. Between those three it is very close, the winner being whoever gets the slight jump.

I have never driven a Z06 and dont have the desire to. To me they are way to common, you see Vettes on every corner. I would take a bone stock 91 Nsx over a brand new Z06 anyday.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Who are you and why are you pretending to be ALLAN?

biggrin.gif

I was thinking the exact same thing. I can't recall Allan ever saying he would rather have an NSX over something else.

Allan,doesn't your wife have an NSX?

[This message has been edited by randall (edited 11 February 2003).]

What I can't figure out from this post is why anyone would compare a Z06 to an NSX. The Corvette is an amazing car for the money but unless you are racing on a track, why do you honestly care? The NSX build quality is so far superior to the Corvette and don't get me wrong, I like the Corvette quite a bit, especially for the cost. Ego plays to large a part in people's decision making. If you want a car that isn't going to be creaking and rattling within just a few years, then the NSX is your Choice. If you want pure brute horsepower and don't care that its build quality is purely assembly line quality, than the Z06 is your choice. If you S/C a NSX, the times are so close to the Z06 that it really doesn't matter, you are truly splitting hairs by comparing two entirely different types of cars based upon racetrack scenarios.

Originally posted by supraeater:
A diablo runs a 12.4 quarter mile and, so does a 2002 Z06....how can you easily beat it in your Diablo Allan?

Allan runs NOS in his diablo. I would assume a Z06 with NOS would give him a run for his money.

Originally posted by vegasnsx:
Who cares if Vette can stay up with or beat a Lambo, its still a pos.

Perhaps this is a bit overstated? The Z06 isn't a POS. It's a great driver's car, status and demographic issues aside. It took more $ than a new Z06 to get my M3 and NSX, respectively, up to Z06 levels of performance. The Z06 is a great car that unfortunately suffers the indignity of the typical Corvette car buyer's image.

A Z06 may very well run a 12.40 on a good day, but an Sv will run high 11's. Its also not ET that matters, but mph, and since my Diablo can run in the 122-123 mph range, it will easily leave a Z06 standing still. This is without NOS. A Dodge Viper Gts is faster than a Z06 bone stock also. Again, i have done this many times, and i actually raced a Z06 with a 150shot, and some minor mods such as exhaust and air filters. It was a 2001 model. On spray my Diablo left him very well, and without, he could edge me out slightly, by about a car length, maybe a car and half.

I used to own an Nsx, but now have a 348Ts Ferrari.

Yes, it is me, and i always give credit were credit is due, and id take any NSx over a Z06.

Originally posted by Number9:
Perhaps this is a bit overstated? The Z06 isn't a POS. It's a great driver's car, status and demographic issues aside. It took more $ than a new Z06 to get my M3 and NSX, respectively, up to Z06 levels of performance. The Z06 is a great car that unfortunately suffers the indignity of the typical Corvette car buyer's image.

I don't think its the car buyer's image but the lack of exclusivity and the level of production which ultimately creates a more affordable car for a market that has been nurtured for, literally, decades. When people hear Chevy, they think one of two things, truck or 'Vette.

Cutting many costs to make the NSX more affordable and create the demand will compromise core things that make the NSX so special. How many of you really want to see Acura do whats necessary to make this possible at the expense of loosing some of what makes the NSX such a exotic, exclusive, reliable, supercar?

No offense to Corvette owners out there, but how many will raise their hand and vote they want the NSX to degenerate into something less to make a profit? Which may or may not continue the line and make the next NSX possible?

Edit: Rather, Honda/Acura turn up the heat on the competition, take a shot at their market, come out with a more expensive engineering marvel that the competition can't match? What better a halo car then have it also be the best in its class?
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by JaguarXJ6 (edited 12 February 2003).]

So what ever happend to the race that this topic was originally made for? Did it ever happen? I guess I can conclude my own concusion based on all of the replies. denwu88 are you still out there?

Bottom line is this, race fans - the Z06 will drive circles around even a well prepared NSX.

You know, on paper this is true. You'd think anyway, and I'm not knocking the Z06 in anyway, but out of the 15-20 Z06's that I ran with at Hallett last year only one was quicker than I was. And a car with that much of a hp, handling, and braking advantage, you'd think would do so much better than a modestly prepared NSX. It didn't and they don't. Maybe MSR is different and immediate torque is king there but I guess not at my local track.

I do remember another Z06 on Goodyear slicks getting a 1:29, 2 seconds faster. He was stock except for tires obviously, maybe he didn't know how to drive too well.

I don't know. Z06's are certainly faster in a straight line but my experience is different on a roadcourse.

Back