• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any downsides to Comptech Supercharger......

You do it by inspecting the gasket and re-torquing on all of the Head bolts. A good installer should know that this may be a weak area. On an older car perhaps he should recommend a headgasket change. Head bolts contract and expand and loosen over time. Proper torque is critical. This is all up to the installer.
I've never heard of an installation where the head bolts have been retorqued due to the installation of the CTSC kit.

The very few of the blown headgaskets that I know were on NA cars (91s) and both had a small problem with the cooling system (leaks or no pressure). A low-boost CTSC only speeds it up. The main cause was the neglected cooling system as the CTSC doesn't add that much power.

I think it should be clear that one should bring the cars health up in critical areas like ignition, fuel and cooling system before you hop on any FI on an older car.

If I were to buy a used sports car - boosted or not - I'd do an oiltest and a compression test. If those end up fine there's nothing wrong with it.

Boosted cars have been boosted to get driven faster than garagequeens, for sure. But you can drive both of them right or wrong, it depends more on the driver(s) and his usage.

Last edited:
Back