• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dear Santa, toys for my NA2 White NSX ~ :)

where did you find the asimo hanging on your rear view?

where did you find the asimo hanging on your rear view?

There was a group buy on s2ki.com and we all go them together from a vendor in Japan. I'm sure you can find it on E-bay?

UPDATE: 10/2/08

Installed SOS Extended thread stalk, Voodoo titanium shift knob and NSX-R boot replacement.

rick

IMG_3105.jpg

IMG_3108.jpg

Last edited:
In the attempt to give the NSX a more modern look, I ordered some special 6000k smt LED lights from V-LED to upgrade all the interior, license plate and parking lights on the car. Package arrive on 10/13 and the parts are all well wrapped in ESD bags :)

Anyways this is what I ended up replacing:

1) Parking lights 194 sized wedge: 48 smt white led's

2) Dome light / trunk light DE3175: 16 smt wedge led bulb

3) Door lights DE3175: 16 smt wedge led bulb

4) Driver footwell 194 sized wedge

5) License plate lights 194 sized wedge

6) Backup ligts 1156 led bulb

IMG_3143.jpg

got any pics?

The looks is as day say night and day. Now the one single rear dome light REALLY LIGHTS up the whole cabin :)

It's hard to photograph bright white light but I'll try to snap some in the off mode if possible.

Local guys can check it out at the next meet.

rick

thanks for sharing the number to the license plate light. for some odd reason i tried to replace the bulb with the exact same one and could not find a replacement at any local autoshop. gonna try to install the 194 wedge there instead on my 91. thanks! :rolleyes: btw, show us some pics...after all, this is a picture/video gallery. hehe

Last edited:
UPS just dropped off a nice hefty 42lb package for me yesterday so this will be my last major mod on this car for a while! :biggrin:

Been waiting on this thing from Japan for ages....any guesses on what it might be?

Will snap pics of this install and the bulbs ~ can't wait to get started in the garage!

rick

UPS just dropped off a nice hefty 42lb package for me yesterday so this will be my last major mod on this car for a while! :biggrin:

Been waiting on this thing from Japan for ages....any guesses on what it might be?

Will snap pics of this install and the bulbs ~ can't wait to get started in the garage!

rick

Rick, I'm gonna guess its your GTone V5.1 Exhaust? :D

Can't believe I have missed this thread. Great mods Rick! Now drop a S/C in it and sell it to me:biggrin:

Rick, I'm gonna guess its your GTone V5.1 Exhaust? :D

I already have that exhaust.....hahaha so no it's not another exhaust :wink:

No forced induction for this car - I am keeping it 100% factory engine specs on this one.

Finshed installing the toys tonight so will try to snap some pics tomorrow.

rk

I'm still sorting pics but I took these earlier today (10/18/08)

I love the red/white contrast! After waiting 3 months I finally got my 2nd red Bride EURO II seat. Yes I know the seats are not the same model but fully intended this and love the functionality of each seat.

Both sit nice and snug ~ best part is no more putting wear on my perfect OEM seats. :biggrin:

So driver side is a Stradia Sport in Carbon Kevlar

Passenger side is a EURO II Seat in Red

seats1.jpg

seats2.jpg

seats3.jpg

Can't forget about my NSX-R shift boot and SOS short stalk/titanium knob:
nsxrssk.jpg

The OEM radio and AC silver buttons are a must....i know the radio ones can be purchased aside from the whole unit, but the AC ones i believe not....

Congratulations on the evolution of your car...it's coming along very nice...keep up the excelent work :wink:

That drivers seat is SICK! The red is growing on me a little...

Rick how tall are you? I need to find a solution to get more head room... and how much was that seat? :D

your car has sex written all over it!! :biggrin:

Update: 9/26/08

I ordered a spare pair of orange front sidemarkers and had them sanded smooth and painted GPW. They no longer light up as I removed the bulb and I love the front end which is much cleaner now.

So your car is NOT street legal now?

So your car is NOT street legal now?

Technically guess not but my cars were never totally legal...haha :wink:

It can be swapped anytime if need be as I have the original orange ones in my box of OEM parts. I love the white so much better though so the amber will never come out.

rk

I recently did a FULL LED bulb replacement for all the interior unsightly filament bulbs. The stock lights all give off this antique yellowish color and that dome light is pretty much useless.

The new bulbs draw less power, snap right in place and give off virtually NO HEAT - only drawback is cost but oh wells....hehe

I replaced the interior dome, x2 doors, driver footwell, trunk bulb, x2 license plate lights, the DRL in the headlights and the #1156 backup bulbs.

Total cost was around $200 give or take but well worth it....enjoy the pics!

Bulb exposed:
IMG_3229.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg

Ooooooo what bulb are you using for the reverse lights? Very nice! Can you tell a difference when backing up?

Edit: Ok you used: 1156 led bulb where did u find it?

Last edited:
Okay, actually this is the thread to find the bulbs

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112802

however some of the bulbs are quite pricey, it better be worth it though and from the pics it looks like it is.

did you get leds for the sidemarkers or no?

planning to get the back up lights next month. on the site it says that if you want better light to use the same color led as with the lens of, let's say, the sidemarker (amber for the front and red for the rear) wonder if that'll hold true in person rather than having a white color.

Last edited:
Okay, actually this is the thread to find the bulbs

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112802

however some of the bulbs are quite pricey, it better be worth it though and from the pics it looks like it is.

did you get leds for the sidemarkers or no?

planning to get the back up lights next month. on the site it says that if you want better light to use the same color led as with the lens of, let's say, the sidemarker (amber for the front and red for the rear) wonder if that'll hold true in person rather than having a white color.

thanks for the link, yes that is my thread on DRL/Dome light bulbs and their respective sizing so go there and you will find all the info.

As for cost, you ALWAYS get what you pay for - this hold true in items and LABOR as well. We do a lot of custom work for client cars and take great price in the results.

My front sidemarkers are disconnected and lenses painted body color so no need to get bulbs. But they are also #194 if you are curious.

My rears are stock bulbs, never thought about replacing those so let me know what you find out. LED light output over a textured lense to me will be no different than a filament but I could be wrong. I have some extra 194 led bulbs so might test it tonight since you mentioned it.

I was ordering a slew of LED replacement bulbs for the NSX so figured this would be a good time to get some for the s2000 as well. Low and behold the two cars not only share the same wheels but same dome light bulbs! We all know how lousy the stock dome light is. These LED bulbs pics really don't convey it's full brightness...it's like comparing oem halogen headlights to 6000k upgraded xenon headlights. The difference is night/day not only in output but color as well. My girl was joking she needs sunglasses on at night :p

BEFORE: STOCK PITIFUL dome light bulbs on right, 16 SMT LED bulb on left!
IMG_3151.jpg

AFTER (on s2000):
s2kleddomes.jpg

AFTER (on NSX):
nsxledpassdome.jpg

nsxleddomes.jpg

Back