• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Imola Orange Pearl/Orange Cars

I absolutely love the orange/orange combo as well as the blue/blue.

Don't care for the red/red however. Seems like there are too many different red colors inside the car (trim, carpet, leather, etc.) that don't match very well!

according to Honda Canada(refer to PDF file for Canada's NSX production numbers) 5 2002 nsx's were brought here. 2 are Imola/Imola, 1 is red/black and 2 are yellow/yellow.

I have one of those Yel/Yel #5 :biggrin:...I think i would choose Imola over GPW

Last edited:
I absolutely love the orange/orange combo as well as the blue/blue.

Don't care for the red/red however. Seems like there are too many different red colors inside the car (trim, carpet, leather, etc.) that don't match very well!

This is Ron's orange/orange and my blue/blue.

Attachments

• orange orange blue blue.jpg
    orange orange blue blue.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 442
Thread Update:

2002 imola orange/orange nsx-t vin JH4NA216X2T000234 for sale 7/8/11 for $75k with 15,965 miles in Portland

Last edited:
Last edited:
I believe this car is now back on the market, see autotrader.net for ad; asking price now 34,900$, in Pickering ON.

Temporary link: http://www.autohebdo.net/a/Acura/NSX/PICKERING/Ontario/19_4252928_/

Any info on this car?

Regards,
Bruckner

I will research my NSX files and see what I have. I recall this Imola NSX began its life here in Michigan, and around March 2005 it was "totalled" by an insurance company here and put into a Michigan salvage title. Our threshold for salvage title issuance is 75%, meaning if the damaged vehicle would require more than 75% of its pre-damaged value to repair it gets awarded a salvage title...

i've seen this car personally with full intention to buy it about 2 months ago.

imo, at first glance for a 2004 it was in fair condition (tons of paint chips on front bumper, some major chips on door - from grocery shopping cart i was told) the driver seat was noticeble much more worn then expected for a car with only 35000km. immediately that did not make sense to me since ive seen some 997 porsches with 75000k on them with absolutely pristine and new interiors (driver seat included)

the story i bestly recall from the owner is that it has rebuilt title due to the driver side door and side skirt being damaged hence the car was imported over here in 2006 for 45k cdn. i was also told that the door and side skirt fix was 25k to fix. the shop that did the fix was in toronto. i didnt get as far as going over the documentation so i cannot comment further on what i was told re the history of the vehicle.

the first thing i did when inspecting the car was to obviously check out the fixed door and side skirt.

the color of the repaint was slightly off (you can only really tell in pictures, and can also tell in the trader pictures if paying close attention; but for a 25k fix on an exotic that makes no sense to me) but what irked me was that the side skirt install was poorly done, hence the skirt had shifted about an inch. i could immiedately see a 1 inch gap between the door and the side skirt.

therefore the side skirt would rub into the side skirt door cap when the door of the car was open.

of course this caused the door to not open properly and the door cap side skirt piece was partially ripping off the car. the owner claimed he knew that the door wasnt opening but couldn't figure out why the problem was, and also stated that everyone else who saw the car couldn't figure out what caused the problem. immediately this did not put me at ease since i was able to figure this out in 2 minute of paying close attention to this and i am by no means a mechanic :confused:

the interior needed a detailing; minor things such as holes in the speaker cover, a few noticable scratches here and there and i also recall that the driver sun targo roof clip was missing (you have to press your finger into the hole of the targa roof to unlatch the roof from the car).

my best guess it that these photos on the ad were taken about 5 years ago when the car was first fixed as the condition of the car upon a careful inspection is noticeably different then what is shown in the photos.

the car drove ok, but i cant really compare to other nsx's since the other ones i had looked into weren't close to being stock vehicles.

in fairness, i would say that for a 2004 it was in much rougher shape then i was expecting, especially for a car that has 35km. hence was open to the idea of much MUCH older nsx's that were meticulously taken care of; and found a few beauties here and there.

hope this helps!

I believe this car is now back on the market, see autotrader.net for ad; asking price now 34,900$, in Pickering ON.

Temporary link: http://www.autohebdo.net/a/Acura/NSX/PICKERING/Ontario/19_4252928_/

Any info on this car?

Regards,
Bruckner

Last edited:
i am definately intersted in finding this out as well.

I will research my NSX files and see what I have. I recall this Imola NSX began its life here in Michigan, and around March 2005 it was "totalled" by an insurance company here and put into a Michigan salvage title. Our threshold for salvage title issuance is 75%, meaning if the damaged vehicle would require more than 75% of its pre-damaged value to repair it gets awarded a salvage title...

O K found it. Here we go:

JH4NA21674T000081
*had a MI salvage title issued to it 5-26-2005 at mileage 9990 in Southfield, MI.
*7-29-2005 London KY dealer took title while in inventory, color listed as orange.
*3-13-2007 Markham, ONT passed emissions insp.
*4-20-07 GTA Rebuilt title issued and regis as personal veh
*8-27-2008 @ 15,915/25,613 km ONT title issued but still carried as salv title
*5-24-09 passed emis insp ONT
*7-31-2009 @ 18019/28,999 km ONT title issued, still carried assembled / salv title.

Further insight:

- Southfield, MI, is a major Detroit suburb and a rather "savage" car environment. Lots of freeways/office buildings/apts and condos, and crashes. Possible this was a "daily driver."
- No doubt the insurance company ran this NSX through a salvage auction.
- The London, KY, area is the vehicle rebuilding and title washing capital of the entire region. Any KY police officer, even part-time, can sign off on a salvage title to restore the vehicle to roadworthy use again (i.e. no special training/no auto theft or vehicle I D experience necessary).
- Obviously, the prior salvage designation (called a branded title) followed this NSX into Ontario.
- With inspection info posted by myw this evening, perhaps this vehicle was hit left side? Wonder if bags deployed somehow?

thank you for posting this!

O K found it. Here we go:

JH4NA21674T000081
*had a MI salvage title issued to it 5-26-2005 at mileage 9990 in Southfield, MI.
*7-29-2005 London KY dealer took title while in inventory, color listed as orange.
*3-13-2007 Markham, ONT passed emissions insp.
*4-20-07 GTA Rebuilt title issued and regis as personal veh
*8-27-2008 @ 15,915/25,613 km ONT title issued but still carried as salv title
*5-24-09 passed emis insp ONT
*7-31-2009 @ 18019/28,999 km ONT title issued, still carried assembled / salv title.

Further insight:

- Southfield, MI, is a major Detroit suburb and a rather "savage" car environment. Lots of freeways/office buildings/apts and condos, and crashes. Possible this was a "daily driver."
- No doubt the insurance company ran this NSX through a salvage auction.
- The London, KY, area is the vehicle rebuilding and title washing capital of the entire region. Any KY police officer, even part-time, can sign off on a salvage title to restore the vehicle to roadworthy use again (i.e. no special training/no auto theft or vehicle I D experience necessary).
- Obviously, the prior salvage designation (called a branded title) followed this NSX into Ontario.
- With inspection info posted by myw this evening, perhaps this vehicle was hit left side? Wonder if bags deployed somehow?

So, is this it?

nsx_20050526_001.jpg

Wow! Looks scary to my untrained eye, but I suppose this sort of damage can be fixed 'properly'? I always wondered if an aluminum body as stiff as the NSX's can be pressed on a jig to straighten it out after having been bent?

Thanks MYW for the useful report.

So, is this it?

nsx_20050526_001.jpg

Last edited:
So, is this it?

nsx_20050526_001.jpg

I'll let all the NSXPrime sleuths decide if that was it:

Wait..... wait....... wait for it.... :wink:

Entity Type: Carrier
Operating Status: Active Out of Service Date: None
Legal Name: GERALD GREGORY
DBA Name: LONDON AUTO SALES LLC
Physical Address: 4550 SOMERSET RD
LONDON, KY 40741-9617
Phone: (606) 878-9231
Mailing Address: 4550 SOMERSET RD
LONDON, KY 40741-9617
USDOT Number: 314263

Mystery solved :biggrin::tongue::biggrin:

Found out the original engine # was: C32B13130082.

Last edited:
WOW. thank you alum04org.

now does that mean that the engine in the car right now is no longer the original one?

or it means that i can check out that nsx and look for the engine number to see if the engine number indeed is C32B13130082.?

in that picture the the car looks it took significant damage.

i find it impossible to believe that there was no frame damage to it. but then again i believe i asked the owner a million times that question, the response i do remember getting was that it was able to pass safety certification but i cant recall a clear + concise answer re no frame damage... :confused:

for the right price i was considering giving that car another try but after seeing that picture... ugh...!

I'll let all the NSXPrime sleuths decide if that was it:
Entity Type: Carrier
Operating Status: Active Out of Service Date: None
Legal Name: GERALD GREGORY
DBA Name: LONDON AUTO SALES LLC
Physical Address: 4550 SOMERSET RD
LONDON, KY 40741-9617
Phone: (606) 878-9231
Mailing Address: 4550 SOMERSET RD
LONDON, KY 40741-9617
USDOT Number: 314263

Mystery solved :biggrin::tongue::biggrin:

Found out the original engine # was: C32B13130082.

Last edited:
in retrospect, now i can immediately understand why it was truly a 25k$ fix.

furthermore i can also understand why no pictures were taken of the repair. i was under the impression that only the door and side skirt were hit/replaced. i see a new hood, possibly a new front fender. and i can definately understand why or how with such an impact the targa roof clip could/would have immedately popped out upon impact.

i wonder what purchase price the car would have to be for the car to be a fair buy.

if i had bought that car, i definitely would have taken a ton of pictures of the repair to at least prove/showcase that the frame is totally straight without having the need for repair.

all imho of course.

Last edited:
Thanks to all who contributed to painting a clearer picture about this car!

Provided the frame is straight (however doubtful this may be), poorly adjusted body panels could be fixed and this would be a good purchase?

I gotta say... the car *was* pretty honestly represented, no?

I mean the guy said "door and sideskirt repair" but *did* add $25K. Which means that wasnt any minor repaint to touch up scratches ;)

Then it seems like the title situation was pretty honestly represented as well.

Considering how amazingly rare Imola is, if this car is mechanically and structurally sound, and can be had at a price that takes into consideration fixing the side skirt and paint match situation, it would be a good deal.

BUT...

My fear is that there is hidden trouble in that side skirt thing. Hanging side skirts isnt rocket science. Not quite perfect I get. So far off there is rubbing I dont like.

It could be the car is no longer straight, no?

2004 MY Car #T000081 is in Canada and listed for sale here:

http://www.autotrader.ca/used_cars_....html?srcID=19&frnID=2626204&prv=Ontario&r=40

20,000 miles and asking $58k Canadian

This car has a checkered history so please run a Carfax report and not Autocheck (smaller database and not as reliable - trust me).

THIS was jetpilot's first linkee (no longer) to prior for sale add wherein the past history of this Imola was fairly well concealed.

GUYS my math st$nks, but:

This was a 2004 org/org six speed that was one year old and mileage 9990 when damaged ~ 5-2005. Let's for the sake of simplicity, say it was then worth $71,500 USD. 75% of $71,500 = $53,425. That figure is the appraised amount (by whomever) to repair the unit. That garnered it a salvage title under Michigan law.
Value of salvage would be thought of as $18,075 plus any overage that a bidder would enjoy bidding. Add in a "25 K" repair? We're at $43 K!

NSXPrime carsleuthians, form your own conclusions. As info ONLY.

So, is this it?

nsx_20050526_001.jpg

I well remember checking this image out on "wretched exotics", and sure wondering which Imola it was and where, plus details. Good to finally discover some facts about this loss.

This NSX seems well-disclosed in the current listing, and it could always represent the 49 North American Imola Orange Pearl Clearcoat NSX's well at the track. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I gotta say... the car *was* pretty honestly represented, no?

yup he told me about the damage right away and what was fixed. i dont think i ever did get a solid answer re frame damage tho. my question would be 'was there any frame damage'; and the answer would be (if i recall correctly) ' if there was frame damage now the car wouldnt have passed safety'.

I mean the guy said "door and sideskirt repair" but *did* add $25K. Which means that wasnt any minor repaint to touch up scratches ;)

he stated he had full documentation of the fix that was done to the car. but no photos i beleieve.

Considering how amazingly rare Imola is, if this car is mechanically and structurally sound, and can be had at a price that takes into consideration fixing the side skirt and paint match situation, it would be a good deal.

you will want to replace the leather seats (definately driver side) detail interior immeidatley; fix a few interior things (speaker grills have minor holes), passenger side door plastic piece has minor crack, passenger side door has a chip in the paint almost the size of a quarter (this is the good side of the car that was never hit), repaint front bumper. i had estimated potentailly at least 2500$ (here in canada) + an immediate TB/WB fix (going to assume that original one is still on) as well as the side skirt fix as well; so roughly 5k on random bandaid fixes and maintenance.

It could be the car is no longer straight, no?

i didnt take it on the highway since the owner showed up with next to no gasoline :/; so i did not feel comfortable killing too much gas or giving it a high speed test. but from driving around in a suburban neighborhood for a few minutes it drive fine IMHO. you'll definatey need to push the car to make sure however.

hope this helps.

Last edited:
FYI - Close your eyes if you can't handle crashed NSX pics! Do not scroll down!

Just to give you and example of costs, this pic (of mine) was 43k worth of damage.

JH4NAZ166VT000204-a.jpg

43k!!! :eek: for that kind of money i would definately do the 02 upgrade!

FYI - Close your eyes if you can't handle crashed NSX pics! Do not scroll down!

Just to give you and example of costs, this pic (of mine) was 43k worth of damage.

yup he told me about the damage right away and what was fixed. i dont think i ever did get a solid answer re frame damage tho. my question would be 'was there any frame damage'; and the answer would be (if i recall correctly) ' if there was frame damage now the car wouldnt have passed safety'.

is this true for Canada? Sounds suspicious. In the US cars with massive frame damage, washed salvage titles, and absolute atrocious drivability pass inspection and get registered all day long in every state.

I'm actually going to look at this car this weekend . Spoke to the guy about it and everything checks out although he dud mention the Kentucky dealer purchased it in Illinois and as mentioned on wrecked exotics this car was spotted in markham Illinois .

As far as inspections go I do believe here in ontario the car must pass a certain point inspection . The car gets measured on a frame m/c and all point to point measurements must meet the required tolerance so even if the frame was damaged it still has to be pulled to the right spec. I asked him if the car drives straight as an arrow his reply was yes. I guess I will see for my self

For a fraction of a cost I believe it is worth the asking price considering he payed 43k back in 05 and spent 25k to fix it.

Back