• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Imola Orange Pearl/Orange Cars

Cars get damaged, wrecked and re-painted all the time.

There are few Ferrari's with more than 15k miles out there that haven't had their front bumper re-painted. The aerodynamics and design of these cars attracts road chips like a magnet.

None of these "re-painted" cars suffer devaluation. In fact, if I purchased a Ferrari, I would only hope the nose had just been re-painted so I could put a clear bra over it. Nothing looks worse than putting a clear bra over paint chips!

Technology today allows damaged cars to be put back into original condition so long as the right equipment is used and the shop knows what they are doing. Obtaining 100% matching paint has become a breeze nowadays due to computer technology and panel "blending."

I say go look at the car and buy it so long as the work has been done right! I'll bet many of the naysayers out there have had damage repaired and/or paint work done on their cars and they don't even know it!

As far as the CarFax showing the previous repairs...forget about it!~ When was the last time someone on a street corner admiring your car said, "How's the CarFax on this beauty?"

I'm actually going to look at this car this weekend . Spoke to the guy about it and everything checks out although he dud mention the Kentucky dealer purchased it in Illinois and as mentioned on wrecked exotics this car was spotted in markham Illinois .

As far as inspections go I do believe here in ontario the car must pass a certain point inspection . The car gets measured on a frame m/c and all point to point measurements must meet the required tolerance so even if the frame was damaged it still has to be pulled to the right spec. I asked him if the car drives straight as an arrow his reply was yes. I guess I will see for my self

For a fraction of a cost I believe it is worth the asking price considering he payed 43k back in 05 and spent 25k to fix it.

Last edited:
let us know how it goes as im curious as to whether the door has been fixed.

when driving it i do recall it driving straight.

I'm actually going to look at this car this weekend . Spoke to the guy about it and everything checks out although he dud mention the Kentucky dealer purchased it in Illinois and as mentioned on wrecked exotics this car was spotted in markham Illinois .

As far as inspections go I do believe here in ontario the car must pass a certain point inspection . The car gets measured on a frame m/c and all point to point measurements must meet the required tolerance so even if the frame was damaged it still has to be pulled to the right spec. I asked him if the car drives straight as an arrow his reply was yes. I guess I will see for my self

For a fraction of a cost I believe it is worth the asking price considering he payed 43k back in 05 and spent 25k to fix it.

Just to put things in perspective, especially for the guys who cringe when a front bumper has been repainted ! You're all familiar with the Ferrari 250 GTO, a few example of which have been sold for over $10M over the years. There were 39 examples made and it is widely believed in "classic" circles that more than 25 of those were totaled (some more than once) only to be re-collected and re-sold for more money. Not to compare the NSX to a GTO but our beloved NSX will only be a real "classic" when people will stop asking if the paint is "original".

i'm going to assume that things would be stricter in canada re safety regulations but for the right price + right (wrong) people; anything can be brought back on the road. purely imho as i am not in the auto industry.

is this true for Canada? Sounds suspicious. In the US cars with massive frame damage, washed salvage titles, and absolute atrocious drivability pass inspection and get registered all day long in every state.

hi bruckner

i have no idea if it is still avialable, i checked out the car almost 3 months ago... it drove straigth i recall.

perhaps the nsx prime member here ended up picking up the car!

The car is no longer advertised, is it still available?

MYW, if you get to check it out, do report back please!

Well stated Boxer!

Just to put things in perspective, especially for the guys who cringe when a front bumper has been repainted ! You're all familiar with the Ferrari 250 GTO, a few example of which have been sold for over $10M over the years. There were 39 examples made and it is widely believed in "classic" circles that more than 25 of those were totaled (some more than once) only to be re-collected and re-sold for more money. Not to compare the NSX to a GTO but our beloved NSX will only be a real "classic" when people will stop asking if the paint is "original".

Yes...however...your perspective is flawed. These cars weren't collected for their color but for being the last front engined Ferrari race cars that Mr. Ferrari himself was apart of (simplicity at its best). With three dozen of them ever made between 61' and 64', colors aside, this is a pretty special and rare piece of history that the NSX simply is not due to the sheer numbers it was produced in.

hi bruckner

i have no idea if it is still avialable, i checked out the car almost 3 months ago... it drove straigth i recall.

perhaps the nsx prime member here ended up picking up the car!

Sorry I lapsed, I assumed you were going to check it out this weekend but of course you already did..! That's what happens when you speak as and reply to nicknames! :)

Is it just me or does there appear to be some odd fender to wheel gap issues both front and rear?

Could be the angle but odd...

NSX1-1.jpg

Last edited:
you could be right. at the time when i first looked @ the car that didnt cross my mind to check or really pay attention to.

i have some other pictures i took of the car when i went to see it, but i didnt take pictures from both sides to compare the wheel gaps on both sides.

Is it just me or does there appear to be some odd fender to wheel gap issues both front and rear?

Could be the angle but odd...

2003: Imola/Imola, VIN JH4NA21693T000016 is in located in Cheyenne, WY with 41K miles and loving her storage facility! lol

2002 Imola Orange Pearl/Orange is back again...

VIN: JH4NA216X2T000234

This car is now offered with a few more miles and $5k less

Wow that Imola looks really nice! Put a 2004/2005 shift knob on it. Mileage listed at 16,622 with TB/WP done, bra and exhaust..... I sure hope some Primer grabs this beauty :smile:

I know of one primer trying to work out a deal on this car. Although this Imola looks great. It is overpriced IMO. I just hope he can work a deal then I'm buying his 05 Silverstone:biggrin:.

Yes....my motives are selfish!!!

I know of one primer trying to work out a deal on this car. Although this Imola looks great. It is overpriced IMO. I just hope he can work a deal then I'm buying his 05 Silverstone:biggrin:.

I have to agree. 70k for an 2002 NSX is crazy, even with 16k miles. I would probably say 60k is more reasonable.

Hey Rob I think I know who you are referring to :biggrin:
I also agree that it is overpriced.
No problem with selfish motive(s) - don't blame you!

If I get my hands on that 05 Silverstone I'm doing a Synth recreation on it....I love his car...the wheels, the stance, the diffuser....awesome!

Maybe I'll put a small vinyl sticker on the back bumper...Synth19 edition:wink:

Guys I hear you on the pricing of this particular 2002 Imola but in 2008 I paid $65k for my 9,000 mile Imola Orange/Onyx interior car (even rarer than the orange interiors).

Considering there are only 41 Imola Orange Pearl/Orange and its low mileage I think $65k is reasonable. $60k would be stealing it especially with the TB/WP just done and I doubt the dealer will do it.

If I were the primer working this deal I'd nab it between $63 and $65k. Note I've had two people PM me for my thoughts on this car so there are more than one person attempting a deal at this dealership.

The race is now on! LOL.:biggrin:

I tell ya Imola's are RARE! VERY VERY RARE!

Guys I hear you on the pricing of this particular 2002 Imola but in 2008 I paid $65k for my 9,000 mile Imola Orange/Onyx interior car (even rarer than the orange interiors).

Considering there are only 41 Imola Orange Pearl/Orange and its low mileage I think $65k is reasonable. $60k would be stealing it especially with the TB/WP just done and I doubt the dealer will do it.

If I were the primer working this deal I'd nab it between $63 and $65k. Note I've had two people PM me for my thoughts on this car so there are more than one person attempting a deal at this dealership.

The race is now on! LOL.:biggrin:

I tell ya Imola's are RARE! VERY VERY RARE!

Hmmmm.....I never thought of myself as an Imola guy but I have always been a junkie for rare and one of a kind things. Maybe I should get in the
bidding hunt.....Hmmmm

Back