• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"Official" Zanardi Thread...

people can poopoo all they want about how not special the car is, and how some 04 05 color combos are more rare...but this is the most exclusive oem nsx sold in this country ever...

I hope we see a Zanardi go across one of the bigger auction companies blocks soon to really see what the smart money is willing to pay..

Can't wait for this as well! Like a prime time slot at a Bonhams or RM auction. Barrett Jackson/Mecum are too American muscle oriented. Not that I would ever sell mine, just curious.

#30 is available in the NSX for sale forum, in Phoenix. 77k miles.

I'm looking for a Grade 2-3 beater Zanardi, know of any for sale? ;)

Join the club, although I'd rather have a NA2 coupe in any other color. I have amassed such a collection of parts of the years and need to mod something and drive it often. Been hunting for a bit now, just waiting for a deal although I might have missed my window of opportunity by a few a years. I noticed my old 92 NSX just posted in the classified section here.

When were the Zanardi editions sold in the USA - I know they are listed as 1999, but which month were they actually made and when were they shipped to the USA for delivery to customers?
The reason I ask is to find out whether they are more comparable to the Japanese Type S of the period February 1997 - August 1999 (model code E-NA2), or the September 1999 - April 2000 (model code GH-NA2), or the final pop-up light NSX which was called model code LA-NA2 which was available in Japan from May 2000 until December 2001.
Does the Zanardi have the same spec as the final pop-up light Acura NSXs sold in the USA in 2001 before the "02+" fixed light model was introduced, or is it more like the first NA2 (3.2l) models introduced in 1997?

OK, so I may have found the answer to my post above - the NSX Wiki states that the Zanardis were introduced before the change to LEV status which happened for the North America market in the following year - thus the Zanardis are closest to the E-NA2 models, rather than the later GH-NA2 or later LA-NA2 Type S spec Japanese cars.
If anyone has information about when the Zanardis were built & shipped to the USA, feel free to chip in.

do we know the sale price?

Zanardi #32 sold this week for $155,000. A new high watermark for USA NSX sales, as far as I can tell.

It was an honor for me to represent the sale of this Zanardi for [MENTION=14720]skafia[/MENTION], and I'm glad it's going to a great enthusiast home!

I knew the zanardi would bring a premium.

I knew the zanardi would bring a premium.

Still remember hearing my parents saying, "just what you need another NSX" lol.

You have good instincts:wink:

Hello All,

I'm the happy victim of this transaction.

Super pleased with the car. Had never driven an NSX before, and am very surprised with the result.

Car's on its way to SOS for a maintenance overkill.

Sterling did a great job representing the car, and Ngoan is as knowledgeable of seller as you can find.

After the maintenance, clear bra coming off, full paint correction/detail, and I'm going to clear bra the whole car.

I'll post some pics as I move through the process.

Congratulations!

Welcome aboard :biggrin:

"Biff Malibu" = funny as heck user name - gotta be a story there. Looking forward to your photos.

Back