• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NH609 p nsx-r clone

Guys, pictures are posted under the North east region section, under the bear mountain area run this weekend. Again thanks to Tytus for taking the pictures for me and posting them on prime. If anyone knows how to move them under the picture gallery section feel free. Frank

attachment.php

Looking good.. :smile:

Very nice Frank! For some reason I thought you had a yellow nsx-r replica.

-John

*cough*carpet*cough*

that is the perfect color!

Nice.

Very nice conversion! 3 mods you can do to finish the exterior are to paint (FREE!) or powdercoat the calipers matte gray, use NSX-R pads, and paint your headlight housings white (FREE!). Only true enthusiasts would be able to tell the difference! Any interior shots? Keep up the good work!

This color is very different from the other white. This is a three stage pearl, has a more creamier look. I am definately going to powder coat the calipers, white headlights probably not, do to the fact that this is a different shade of white. In Japan you can special order type-r 's in many variations. Thanks, Frank

Frank - I love this shade of white! Congrats on making a super clean nsx-r clone.

When I had my 91 +02 conversion I was considering painting it this same color but then had the opportunity to sell it. This reminds me of an eggshell white and I do like it more than Championship White (brighter shade).

Hot.

Justin, raisr_x, the front fenders are oem JDM nsx-r fenders front and rear, also is the rear spoiler, rear spoiler that attaches to the rear valence as well. Only exterior non-Honda part is the downforce nsx-r hood. Frank

Hi Frank,

Wow! She really did turn out well. AS you know, there is a Pearl NSX in the UK that for me doesn't really work. However, adding the R detailing of roof, rims and spoiler and suddenly the whole package comes together.

When you mod the calipers, be sure to turn the centre caps round to sit right with the NSX-R rims decals.

Great job, fantastic attention to detail and I look forward to seeing how you eventually mod/upgrade the interior.

regards, Paul

frank,

car looks outstanding. One thing that most body shops painting the front bumper forget is to paint the two fangs of the top front 02 bumper cover black (the ones you see through the front grill opening that come from the top bumper half and attach it to the bottom bumper half). from the factory these fangs are actually covered with black stickers that were applied as the bumper was assembled. you can get these black stickers to hide the fangs from your local dealer or paint.

also one detail that i can't see on your car is the front fender liners are actually different on the 02+ cars. (the o2 + ones line up withe the contour of the front edge of the side skirt) this is also very subtle.

hope this helps .. again very nice job. one of the best r clones for sure

tom

Hi Frank,

The platinum white pearl looks great. I sure would like to meet up with you someday (maybe the next NSXPO), so I can see your NSX in person. Yellow (which I also liked as well) or platinum white pearl your NSX is defnitely Unique.

How long did it take to do the color change?

Mike

very nice...it's good to finally see pictures of the car and not just hearing about it.

any chance you want to do a photo shoot? i took a good amount last time for nsx-stock and would love to shoot more nsx's. maybe this weekend (sunday looks like good weather) we can round up a few central jersey-ers for a last meet before the winter really sinks in.

frank,

car looks outstanding. One thing that most body shops painting the front bumper forget is to paint the two fangs of the top front 02 bumper cover black (the ones you see through the front grill opening that come from the top bumper half and attach it to the bottom bumper half). from the factory these fangs are actually covered with black stickers that were applied as the bumper was assembled. you can get these black stickers to hide the fangs from your local dealer or paint.

also one detail that i can't see on your car is the front fender liners are actually different on the 02+ cars. (the o2 + ones line up withe the contour of the front edge of the side skirt) this is also very subtle.

hope this helps .. again very nice job. one of the best r clones for sure

tom

geeze, you have an eye for attention!! good one.

did you get a full paint job? engine bay and all?

Last edited:
My car started as black/black. I didn't paint the engine bay because a real nsx-r has a black engine bay so I lucked out. The front bay is black as well. Maybe one day I will have the fron bay painted platinum pearl white. It took about 4 months for the car to be completed, which included stripping the paint off the aluminum. Frank

Back