• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NH609 p nsx-r clone

attachment.php

Looking good.. :smile:

nsxrfranks006redo.jpg

Just sent my h20/air intercooler to the polisher. Will have it back on Monday. Next weekend will start installing the turbo,I will have the correct bolts for the y-pipe. Frank

Update on interior, sent a center console to a well known vendor for the single din cut out, and carbon overlay. In the next couple months if everything works out will have carbon fiber interior door panels, and alcantera dash, not sure if I will do red stiching or black. Any opinions on color of stiching? Frank

Update on interior, sent a center console to a well known vendor for the single din cut out, and carbon overlay. In the next couple months if everything works out will have carbon fiber interior door panels, and alcantera dash, not sure if I will do red stiching or black. Any opinions on color of stiching? Frank

Hi Frank,

So much work and so few photo's, hope to see some interior shots soon.

Are the door panels being done at the same time as the console to ensure a consistent finish and CF weave?

Also, have you considered having the top piece to the dash finished in CF (idea from Vroom's dash upgrade)? With your door cards and console it would give a nice co-ordinated interior.

As for the choice of stitching, I would say yes to a color but with your car I'd think about silver stitching as used in the Aston's. IMO, I think this would link nicely to the exterior Pearl. The use of red is of course pure NSX-R but then your car is I believe a modern take on what Honda acheived, and the silver stitching would continue this modern update.

Well, some ideas for you to consider, keep up the great work, and did you get my pm?

regards, Paul

Paul deinately, going to see if I can get the top piece on my dash wrapped in carbon. I think it will give it a nice look. Sorry, not handy on how to post pictures. Once the car is complete I will defiantely have pictures taken. Silver, sounds like a nice color stiching, it would be suddle but classy. I was around a lot of Ferraris and Lambos this weekend, and had this idea after seeing the cars, Frank

Phil, here are the pics of the car, for the clear paint protection. It was great taling to you. Also, lets do the 50% tint, to keep it protected but classy. Talk to you Saturday. Thanks, Frank

Frank...sorry to bother you with this...but you keep posting "here are the photos" and i don't see any photos on your posts... is it me, the forum or your posts?

Nuno

PS - i really would like to see photos of your car

Oooooohhhhhh, ha, I thought I was going crazy:biggrin:

Turbo, getting closer to being finished. This weekend timing belt, water pump, new belts, SOS cam plugs, valver cover gaskets, spark plus were all installed as well as my new wrinkle red valve covers. We also started filling the car back with new anti-freeze since all 23 hoses were changed as well. Im sure Im probably forgetting something else as well.
Next weekend the car should be done and off to the tuner Shawn Ivey ( vey Tuning), the Phil at Detailers Domain to prep the car for clear bra, then off to Nelson for the paint protection and window tint. Can't wait to finally drive my car.:biggrin: Frank

Chris, car should be done shortly so I will try to get one of my friends to shoot pics.

Just recived some new parts yesterday, AEM fuel pressure regulator, AEM uageo gauge, AEM boost gauge, SOS 52mm pillar pod, Boomslang harness for my FIC, and carbon fiber engine parts from Dali. My appointment is for Sean Ivey this weekend, was supposed to be last weekend but he wanted to wait for all my parts to arrive. I will post hp numbers after the dyno runs. Frank

I am thinking about putting on the STACY's side skirts. Any opinions?? Should I keep the 02 skirts or put on the Stacy's? Thanks, Frank

Keep 02 Frank. Your car is all 02 oem nsx-r styled and unless you do rims/etc mods I think 02 skirts fit the car best!!

Back