• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Introducing the Acura NSX DIY LED Taillight Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys, here it is, a do-it-yourself LED taillight kit for the Acura NSX. This kit will include pre-made LED taillight modules for the parking/brake lights, the reverse light, and the turn signals. The power supplies and parking/brake modules will also be pre-wired into the modules. This kit comes with full instructions, using detailed pictures and references for each step of the process. From opening up the taillights, to mounting and securing the LED modules, to putting the lights back together; all the steps will be included in this kit. I will also still provide the two basic styles: The 3-bar and the GTC.

Price for this kit will be :

91-01 Taillight Kit: $700 shipped + Paypal fees

DSC03352.jpg

02-05 Taillight Kit: $650 shipped + Paypal fees

DSC03351.jpg

Installed pics:

3-Bar Style:

91-01 Taillights:

Parking Lights:

DSC02273.jpg

DSC02270.jpg

Brake Lights:

DSC02281.jpg

Turn Signals:

DSC02285.jpg

02-05 Taillights:

Parking Lights:

DSC02609.jpg

DSC02610.jpg

Brake Lights:

DSC02612.jpg

DSC02613.jpg

Turn Signals:

DSC02545.jpg

Reverse Lights:

DSC02616.jpg

DSC02617.jpg

GTC Style:

DSC02931.jpg

DSC02925.jpg

Action shots:

attachment.php

attachment.php

IMG_1561.JPG

led1.jpg

led2.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

If interested, please send me a PM, indicating your model year and which style you'd like. Production has commenced.

Thank You

Disclaimer: These taillight kit is for offroad use only. I can not and will not be responsible for any local, state, and DOT law violations you receive using this kit. By purchasing this kit, you agree to accept all responsibility in using these lights, whether it be proper or improper use. If you do not accept my terms, please do not purchase my products.

Last edited:
Are these kits applicable to JDM lights?

Yes, they are applicable to JDM taillights. The JDM taillights are built the same way as the US spec taillights. The only difference will be if you have a Eurospec car, such that the taillight wiring harness is different (wired for a rear fog light and such).
Are these kits applicable to JDM lights?

No JGTC style?

OMG .... oh nooo another temptation ...... :eek:

I have the 91 version of this and am really happy with the lighting.
Friends say its too bright when I hit the brakes but I like to let the world know I'm alive and want to stay that way.
Also when someone pulls up too close to me at the light, I just sit on the brake and fry their eyes out.
I have not gone under my dash and modified my signal light blinker as of yet, cause I like the fast blinking that the turn signals has now. Plus I can switch back to my old set of lights easy next week when i take my car to the body shop for some repairs back there.
I was mentally disturbed to find out that I now have a light out on my lower middle dash. This will always be it appears. I did not know this was going to be this way and am not impressed.
I applaud the DIY kit so that each one of us are responsible for wrecking out own lights and not the post office, courier or seller.
I would recommend the gasket kit for each side if you have an older model car. These gaskets get old and crunch and rip when taken off. Just makes it all new and happy if you have replacements.
Trev

YOU MUST SEND MONEY!
LOL
Trev
I have to get more, just always by myself since Ed got a new Tire changer and balancer for his garage.....whats up with that.

Looking good, I am sure that cellphone camera pics make no justice! ... very nice!

attachment.php

You want the backup lights too.....they are so nice and bright.
And yes, the new iphone is cool but not the best for detailed shots, plus I make my pics smaller to post as well. Crunch them with ACDSee.
Originals are 2048 x 1536
Trev

I'll be testing with the first DIY kit customer to see if I finally solved the "bulb out warning" light, just by load resistors I can include in the kit. There is another way, in which you cut a wire off the gauge cluster wire harness, but I don't like cutting factory wiring.
Reading the above posts, is the Bulb Out warning light on with this kit?!

That would be a bummer.... so I hope it isn't.
Give me a little time to figure out the cost for just stop/tail lights.
How much if just intrested in the stop/tail?

I was mentally disturbed to find out that I now have a light out on my lower middle dash. This will always be it appears. I did not know this was going to be this way and am not impressed.

Trev, could not quite undestand what you meant here. Are you saying that your "Bulb Out Light" remains on in your dash?

Thanks for the write up.

Charley

Yes, the LED taillights use less power than the bulbs did, so the warning turns on. You'll need load resistors to correct the current consumption to trick the car into thinking the regular bulbs are still intact.
Trev, could not quite undestand what you meant here. Are you saying that your "Bulb Out Light" remains on in your dash?

Thanks for the write up.

Charley

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back