• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Introducing the Acura NSX DIY LED Taillight Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be testing with the first DIY kit customer to see if I finally solved the "bulb out warning" light, just by load resistors I can include in the kit. There is another way, in which you cut a wire off the gauge cluster wire harness, but I don't like cutting factory wiring.
Give me a little time to figure out the cost for just stop/tail lights.

Theres another way to bypass the lamp out warning without load resistors or cutting the lead at the cluster. You just have to ground a wire in the rear harness. I dont remember exactly what I did, but I'll let you know.

I just wanna say I have Chris's LED tail lights for the 02+ and I couldn't be happier. Very high quality. Looks fantastic. Chris is good to deal with, great communication and he packs and ships everything very very well. Chris did a great service to the community by creating these, and for the price point he set.

Can you show us the manual is like a pdf file so we can gauge the difficulty of the conversion?

Done....
Wow, that's detailed....did not read it but looks wild.
The word doc was just over 3 meg and the pdf now is 1.02 mb, so easy to email.
I just wanted to let everyone know that these brake lights are bright enough to stop anyone....I love how when I'm sitting at a red light and when a vehicle approaches from behind, I lightly tap the brake two times....then hold down the brake pedal....the person behind usually stops like 10 feet back. Just what I was looking for. If the person is an A$$, then I keep my foot on the brake....
works every time to make me feel like the High Rolling King that I am.
Trev

Theres another way to bypass the lamp out warning without load resistors or cutting the lead at the cluster. You just have to ground a wire in the rear harness. I dont remember exactly what I did, but I'll let you know.

please let us know how to do this since my brake fail warning has been lit for years since I bought the car even though all the bulbs are fine.

apkarian100 - is this official, can we do this to our units made by you?
(Brake Light Warning Cancellation.pdf)
Trev

If it worked for him, it should work for all the others. Try it out!

I should have you know the FastraxTurbo is also the author of the PFD'd turn signal fix also, and that has worked with all who have used it.
apkarian100 - is this official, can we do this to our units made by you?
(Brake Light Warning Cancellation.pdf)
Trev

Last edited:
ok, so ill just do it and if I burn anything out, then you can pay to fix it.
Thanks,lol....
Trev
p.s. Hopefully my car burns down.....

Did I mention I don't assume any responsibility for anyone's actions involving my LED taillights. :wink: :biggrin:

Disclaimer: These taillights are for offroad use only. I can not and will not be responsible for any local, state, and DOT law violations you receive using these lights. By purchasing these lights, you agree to accept all responsibility in using these lights, whether it be proper or improper use. If you do not accept my terms, please do not purchase my products.
ok, so ill just do it and if I burn anything out, then you can pay to fix it.
Thanks,lol....
Trev
p.s. Hopefully my car burns down.....

Thanks for the link and info. Unfortunately, it didn't turn off the brake lamp failure warning light on mine. I even tried grounding some of the pins on the left tail light harness, but no luck.

On a related note, I've noticed lately that when I start the car, all of the warning lights on the little icon of the car on the dash stay illuminated for about 10+ seconds before slowly fading off. It used to take only a second for them to turn off after starting the engine. The brake lamp fail light continues to stay on though - really annoying. I'm wondering if that light being on all the time has started to take a toll on the indicator. I suppose the problem with my warning indicator is an open circuit somewhere between the tail light harness and the dash. Don't know how the hell I'll find that.

Yah, something has got to be wrong. Would anyone else like to try with a LED taillight conversion and see what happens?
Thanks for the link and info. Unfortunately, it didn't turn off the brake lamp failure warning light on mine. I even tried grounding some of the pins on the left tail light harness, but no luck.

On a related note, I've noticed lately that when I start the car, all of the warning lights on the little icon of the car on the dash stay illuminated for about 10+ seconds before slowly fading off. It used to take only a second for them to turn off after starting the engine. The brake lamp fail light continues to stay on though - really annoying. I'm wondering if that light being on all the time has started to take a toll on the indicator. I suppose the problem with my warning indicator is an open circuit somewhere between the tail light harness and the dash. Don't know how the hell I'll find that.

Last edited:
I would check the connectors at the gauge cluster.
Ground pin 12 (left side connector). It is the 3rd terminal from the right upper side (looking at the connector from the wire side). The color is orange/white. If the light turns off, then you have a problem in the harness leading from the gauge cluster to the back. If the light stays on, then either there is a problem with the circuit board where the connector is soldered, or the failure circuit is bad in the cluster.
If your other indicator lights are doing weird things, I would check the solder connections where the harness connectors plug in.

It might be hard to get Eurospec of taillights, but I can find many US spec taillights, mainly on the site.
Very interested in this, but unsure about modding my eurospec backlights.

Would be good if i could get on a extra pair of backlights, but they are so hard to come by:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back