• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Introducing the Acura NSX DIY LED Taillight Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually word doc is fine, can you email it to gojira32 at hotmail.com

Thanks!

John

Received!

Yikes, it looks scary to a clumsy guy like me.

How much do you charge for a complete conversion done by you?

Would you mind sending the install instructions to bobby(at)grdesignstudios.com and also, how much for just the parking/brake lights and turn signals?

I won't have time to do full conversions, being that I am back in school come Monday; that's why I started the DIY kits. If you are unsure if you can do this conversion, ask someone you know who is capable.
Received!

Yikes, it looks scary to a clumsy guy like me.

How much do you charge for a complete conversion done by you?

I thought you'd say that :wink:

OK, I'm in for a set!

I'll do them Oyagi....Me and Ed have our Aluminum Base Ball Batz out anyways.
Trev

Chris, please put me on the list. 02+ Style (preferrably using red leds for the tail / brake lights so they look red instead of orange). You were going to check on that possibility - what did you find? Thanks,
David

Yes, I have started to look at red LEDs. My supply of red/orange LEDs is getting low and I'm thinking of switching to red LEDs. If I make the switch, it will mean the cost per LED will be more, and raising the price of the kit a little to compensate. But this way people will get the real red they want. Still a very noticeable difference in brightness over your stock taillights.
Chris, please put me on the list. 02+ Style (preferrably using red leds for the tail / brake lights so they look red instead of orange). You were going to check on that possibility - what did you find? Thanks,
David

Last edited:
I'll do them Oyagi....Me and Ed have our Aluminum Base Ball Batz out anyways.
Trev

LOL thanks Trev, truly appreciate the gesture but I think I should be OK on my own. I just need to find the time. Likely will be a winter project for me.

:)

yet safer to the other drivers.

You mean the people behind you in their escalades texting on their cell phones and telling the kids in the back to be quiet? Those people? I'd rather put these in their face:

sky_tracker1a.jpg

You have a point. The LED tails will still be bright, but not yellowish. Let's just say that.
You mean the people behind you in their escalades texting on their cell phones and telling the kids in the back to be quiet? Those people? I'd rather put these in their face:

sky_tracker1a.jpg

Thanks for the manual and the quote. Please put me on the list for the 91-01 kit minus the reverse lights and using red LEDS. Are you including load resistors with the kit?

Is it possible to put some sort of potentiometer on the power lead to be able to adjust the brightness level to your liking? That would certainly be a cool feature!

I will include load resistors with an added price of what I pay for them, otherwise, you can follow PDF instructions to groud that specific wire to stop the brake warning light.
Thanks for the manual and the quote. Please put me on the list for the 91-01 kit minus the reverse lights and using red LEDS. Are you including load resistors with the kit?

There is a potentiometer on the parking light, to distinguish it from the brake light brightness, but i'll look into install one on the brake light. I tried something similar to that once, but it didn't work.
Is it possible to put some sort of potentiometer on the power lead to be able to adjust the brightness level to your liking? That would certainly be a cool feature!

So, everyone on my list who wants red LEDs, as opposed to reddish orange LEDs, please let me know when you can.

A normal 91-01 setup with red LEDs will cost $150 more, so $700 shipped.

A normal 02-05 setup with red LEDs will cost $100 more, so $650 shipped.

Here's an example of pure red LEDs. The Infiniti FX uses pure red LEDs in its taillights.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DIJkKDuiOO4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
Sign me for red ones, also a picture would be nice:smile:

Chris,
Do you want to edit your first post in this thread to make the list. I believe I'd be number 7 after Oyagi. 02+ with red leds for brake and parking lights.
David

I don't get it. The lens is red. Aren't the LED's clear? why would you put red LEDs behind a red lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back