• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

When I first heard about this movie, it sounded like the biggest pile of suck ever. But it's getting good reviews from most everyone who has seen it. (Actually seen it, that is, and not simply snarked on the trailers.) Plus, it's Cameron, and he's had a fairly unblemished track record.

I'll have to check this one out.

Them surfs are 10 ft tall too.

No way they fit in the NSX..........

The last time we had smurfs in a movie was the naked dude in ... what was it, the watchmen, or something like that. I didn't watch it because I was warned off by viewers posting here.

The difference is that they give you blue boob in Avatar.
:biggrin:

The last time we had smurfs in a movie was the naked dude in ... what was it, the watchmen, or something like that. I didn't watch it because I was warned off by viewers posting here.

The difference is that they give you blue boob in Avatar.
:biggrin:

joey.blueballs.jpg

128826593680423383.jpg

Debbie Schlussel hates it. In her article she makes some good points. But then she says:

That’s not to mention the basically topless state of the female avatars, whose nipples are barely covered by a few strategically placed threads. Nice for a PG-13 flick with audiences sure to be populated by kids galore.

And got me back.:biggrin:

Debbie Schlussel hates it because there is a geo-political / environmental message embeded in a Sci Fi movie? Shocker!

We all know the political right hates Hollywood, and is digging for "bias" in everything produced there. But is the idea of embedding a political, or environmental message in a movie new? No.

Folks- pretty much EVERY Sci Fi movie has a Political / Environmental message in it- from Planet of the Apes (No Nukes), to Star Trek (Save The Whales). Sci Fi is usually about how everything could all go wrong if we stay on a present course. That is what makes it interesting.

I wonder what Debbie would have to say if Mad Max was released today?

What did she think of Starship Troopers?

Sci Fi has always been heavy handed about the consequences of human action- not just American action. I think she is reaching quite a bit, and her review will in no way affect my decision to see or not see this movie.

P

Debbie Schlussel hates it because there is a geo-political / environmental message embeded in a Sci Fi movie? Shocker!

We all know the political right hates Hollywood, and is digging for "bias" in everything produced there. But is the idea of embedding a political, or environmental message in a movie new? No.

Folks- pretty much EVERY Sci Fi movie has a Political / Environmental message in it- from Planet of the Apes (No Nukes), to Star Trek (Save The Whales). Sci Fi is usually about how everything could all go wrong if we stay on a present course. That is what makes it interesting.

I wonder what Debbie would have to say if Mad Max was released today?

What did she think of Starship Troopers?

Sci Fi has always been heavy handed about the consequences of human action- not just American action. I think she is reaching quite a bit, and her review will in no way affect my decision to see or not see this movie.

P

...ditto...

It is a movie for Gods sake can't we just leave it at that? This is what is wrong w/the far right and far left IMO, they just go way too far. Can't we all just enjoy the movie w/o having these types of fools trying to influence our decision before we ever see it? :confused:

Just another reason I do not hang out and read these types of blogs just a total waste of my time but that is just my opinion of course. :wink:

Back to the movie, I admit I have not seen a movie in the theaters in a long time but I may have to break that drought. It looks very cool.

Avatar's the best movie I've ever worked on (spent 3 years slaving on this one!)

I can honestly recommend that everyone who likes action movies go see it. The battle at the end will knock your socks off! :cool:

Last edited:
Avatar's the best movie I've ever worked on (spent 3 years slaving on this one!)

I can honestly recommend that everyone who likes action movies go see it. The battle at the end will knock your socks off! :cool:

how does it compare to Star Wars?

It just seems so Star wars to me.

Twi'lek_jedi.preview.jpg

Not that I care but who is debbie schlussel? I'm gonna go see this one. I like cameron.

i had total hesitations about this movie. still not too happy with the actual native character designs. looked a bit goofy compared to rest of the movie. and thought this was just cameron TRYING too hard passed his peak.

but man. BOY was i wrong. the movie was amazing! great just eye candy movie. great action movie. great sci-fi movie. and has a good storyline. love the use of sigourney weaver into the movie! she's a sci-fi goddess. the cg was great. effects were awesome. THE ENVIRONMENTAL design was sooo beautiful. i can't say that enough. single handedly, just for the pure enjoyment of watching beautiful fantasy landscapes i would watch it again!

overall a great movie. i was wrong. and will gladly admit to it.

Damn you Mcdonalds!!! My five yo came home with a friggen blue headed lightup avatar...what the hell is an avatar???:redface:

i thought nsx owners had cornered the market for unobtanium??:confused:

Well I'm taking my Dad next weekend to see it. Mainly for the 3d effects. He's 78 and in a wheelchair so he'll get to see something he can't experience on his own tv and nothing he's ever seen before (he's never seen a 3d movie).

Back