• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ben Shafer/Daisy Imports rock!

So, a couple of weeks back, I decided to do a track day with minimal (from my standpoint) opportunity to prep the car (I like to have lots of time to go over everything and to bring it to Ben at Daisy for him to go over). Thus, as I had less time than normal, the weekend prior, I swap my street pads for my track pads and hope that the car will behave. Of course, it doesn't... I took the car out for a spin and things were not well with the brakes. For reasons I couldn't figure out, the ABS was acting up. Maybe it was related to changing the pads and maybe not. Anyway, I certainly didn't have warm fuzzies regarding taking my car onto a track with the brakes being out of sorts. I called Ben and ask him if he can take a look. He's crazy busy and doesn't really have time to even speak to me, but because he doesn't want me to hurt myself or others (or my car), he says bring it in and he'll get to it this week (even though it meant he'd have to work late into the evening). I bring it in and he calls me later that day with the good news that the calipers were okay and that with a flush here, some lube here, and a bit of his mechanical magic, things seemed to be working just fine. He also charged the AC and fixed one of my Wings West rear spats that was starting to come off.

Once again, Ben's proven that the drive out to his shop in the boondocks is entirely worthwhile and it's the reason why he is the ONLY mechanic I truly trust with my car.

If you are within 100 miles of Ben's shop, you should be going to see him for your repairs/maintenance. He'll take better care of your car than you do.

:)

Back