• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need ignition coil wiring diagram

If you are just trying to check if you have a bad coil there are a couple of different kinds of coil on plug spark testers available. There is also a procedure in the manual to check them with a multimeter/ohm meter. A search on here will find it mentioned quite a few times. You can also try swapping 2 around to see if a misfire moves with the coils.

If you still want the diagram you should specify what year car since there are a few different versions covering different year ranges of manuals out there.

Last edited:
Don't forget to check the ignitor if all 6 are dead.

Don't forget to check the ignitor if all 6 are dead.

With a bad igniter, one usually gets engine check code for misfire on one or more cylinders or random misfire, NOT all coils failing.

Sorry, I don't have a scanner available to copy from the shop manual, but my advice is to just move any suspect coil to another cylinder and see if the problem moves with it to the other cylinder, or exchange with a known good coil.
Measuring according to the manual will not always reveal a bad coil.
I had a bad one but when measuring, it was within spec.
When however exchanging with a known good one, the problem was gone.
So even though it measured OK, it still was defective.

I already said that in my first response having just had a similar problem myself. Easy to swap 2 coils & see what happens. I only have the '97-'02 electrical manual or I would have sent the diagrams.

With a bad igniter, one usually gets engine check code for misfire on one or more cylinders or random misfire, NOT all coils failing.

Sorry, I don't have a scanner available to copy from the shop manual, but my advice is to just move any suspect coil to another cylinder and see if the problem moves with it to the other cylinder, or exchange with a known good coil.
Measuring according to the manual will not always reveal a bad coil.
I had a bad one but when measuring, it was within spec.
When however exchanging with a known good one, the problem was gone.
So even though it measured OK, it still was defective.

Hope this helps. Its from the 1995+ Wiring Shop Manual for OBD2

NSX_Ignition_20.jpg

NSX_Ignition_20-1.jpg

NSX_Ignition_20-2.jpg

Back