• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed rdx injectors & ecu rom tune kit

I do have a high altitude tune that I incorporated into the version.2 rom.

What's your altitude where you dynoed? Did you reset your ecu? Its important so it relearns.

I'm only 200-300 in elevation and Kansas is flat as a board so no altitude changes. I can reset the ecu again since I can't remember if I did after this mod. It's the clock fuse right?

I'm only 200-300 in elevation and Kansas is flat as a board so no altitude changes. I can reset the ecu again since I can't remember if I did after this mod. It's the clock fuse right?

That's correct. Let me know how it goes and how the car feels. Hit me up and ill get you going with the Version 2 if it doesn't help bud. Thanks!

That's correct. Let me know how it goes and how the car feels. Hit me up and ill get you going with the Version 2 if it doesn't help bud. Thanks!

Hopefully it helps, as long as it lasts until I get EMS later this year because I won't know afr's until then.

Here are my before/after Dyno charts. I'm reasonably pleased with an improvement right across the rev range, although I was expecting more than the 4-6kW increase shown (5 - 8hp). But the car is noticeably more responsive, especially mid range.

The AFRs look OK, although leaning a bit more that I would like below 3000rpm.

The idle has lost stability, and occasionally stalls. If the engine is warm and I restart after sitting for a while, it wont idle at first, requiring intervention with the noise pedal to avoid stalling, but eventually comes good. Has anyone else experienced these idle issues?

There were no installation notes provided. After playing around with injectors I eventually found they installed best with the two OEM seal washers on the bottom end (the firmer one under the softer one) and no need for the OEM cushion at the top end of the injector. One concern is once the rail nuts are tightened the injectors are under a fair bit of pressure. Have I installed these correctly? And the package included 4 nylon washers and a electrical connector shell, which I did not use. What are these for?

Attachments

• RDX Dyno AFR(B).pdf
    281.3 KB · Views: 163
  • RDX Dyno run(B).pdf
    298.1 KB · Views: 115

I had the same idle problems until I installed the resistor bypass plug. An easy fix.

Brian,

...I would like to purchase an additional chip with vf2ss’s tune (with his permission, of course) and keep my existing chip. ...

Mark

Mark, you and any member here are most welcome to that tune. It's really Prospeed's work and they have it saved and anyone between 5000 and 6000 will just love it! Also, I wanted to mention I drove it to 3,500ft and had zero issues.

Mark, you and any member here are most welcome to that tune. It's really Prospeed's work and they have it saved and anyone between 5000 and 6000 will just love it! Also, I wanted to mention I drove it to 3,500ft and had zero issues.

Super! Now if I can only get Brian's attention. Brian requested me to pm him, which I did, and have yet to get a response. Perhaps he will see this and get back to me.

I wouldn't expect any issues at 3500', and perhaps none at sea level either, but I would rather have a sea level chip to change back to when I return to lower levels. Since there was a considerable performance change at our altitudes, something is very different, likely in the A/F ratios.

Thanks for your permission.

Mark

Super! Now if I can only get Brian's attention. Brian requested me to pm him, which I did, and have yet to get a response. Perhaps he will see this and get back to me.

I wouldn't expect any issues at 3500', and perhaps none at sea level either, but I would rather have a sea level chip to change back to when I return to lower levels. Since there was a considerable performance change at our altitudes, something is very different, likely in the A/F ratios.

Thanks for your permission.

Mark

Mark,

I've integrated the sea level and high altitude tune together and it's worked seamlessly :) I've implemented the tune so I have it ready to go.

Mark,

I've integrated the sea level and high altitude tune together and it's worked seamlessly :) I've implemented the tune so I have it ready to go.

Great! How do I get it?

When I upgraded to the new injectors and chip from your previous Stage III, I simply re-installed the OEM chip for the time it took for the new chip to arrive. (Talk about a difference in performance. If you aren't entirely positive if some change makes a difference, take if off and there is no doubt!:encouragement:) I really don't want to re-install the old injectors and old chip and I really don't want to lay the car up for a couple weeks.

Please advise

Mark

- - - Updated - - -

Mark,

Great! How do I get it?

When I upgraded to the new injectors and chip from your previous Stage III, I simply re-installed the OEM chip for the time it took for the new chip to arrive. (Talk about a difference in performance. If you aren't entirely positive if some change makes a difference, take if off and there is no doubt!:encouragement:) I really don't want to re-install the old injectors and old chip and I really don't want to lay the car up for a couple weeks.

Please advise

Mark

Went in for an emissions test today and passed and wanted to share the results for any members concerned.
I have a Stage 3 chip + RDX inj w/50K on the clock and stock cats. Results were posted earlier back here.

pass.jpg

I have record below of a previous emissions test with the stock injectors and stock ecu chip below for comparison.
The rdx upgrade is actually now emitting less hydrocardbon and less carbon monoxide than before.

RPM 2500
HC - Reading 57, Limit 180
CO - 0.27, Limit 1.20
CO2 - 14.7
02 - 0.32

RPM 810
HC - Reading 57, Limit 180
CO - Reading 0.02, Limit 1.20
CO2 - 15.0
02 - 0.04

Last edited:
Would you be able to provide a base tune for an AEM F/IC (1998 NSX, Headers, Exhaust, Test pipes, 410cc's). I'll have to transport the car to the tuning shop a 1.5hrs away.

Thanks

I can and have done it before. PM for details. Thanks!

Would you be able to provide a base tune for an AEM F/IC (1998 NSX, Headers, Exhaust, Test pipes, 410cc's). I'll have to transport the car to the tuning shop a 1.5hrs away.

Thanks

So glad I finally got around to doing this... Seriously can't say enough good things about this modification. Front the start up, the driveability, improved response and yes butt-proven torque/power. It feels smoother across the rpm range too. The additional power is there too. Really glad that Brian/Prospeed took the time to do this kit. Installation is pretty straight forward too.

OK it's about time i got around to this.
I got the kit from Brian and after some delays it arrived we changed some of the washers and i got six slighty bigger ones than the old OEM ones and it all fitted together perfectly.
The car has got more go, i didnt notice it down low as much as some have said but when its up in the vtec range it starts screaming so real good on longer straights.
The car does idle better than before by a lot and it does seem smoother, fuel economy hasnt changed much but then neither has my propensity to floor it all the time.
I got 9rwhp more than before and i had 95 in the tank not 98 like i normally run so it wasnt ideal as the 98 fuel down here is way better.
View attachment Before & After Dyno.pdfView attachment Fuel mixture etc Dyno.pdf
Would i recommend this 'Hell yes' the car is definitely better for it, i just need to fiddle with it to sort the fuel mixture out, but hey Brian put this together based on what fuel you run in America not what we do down here.
So value for money it's an easy thing to do and well worth it, as a side note my car did not have one of the washers on the old injectors so when i had someone do the work on it over the years they forgot to put one back on yet i had no vaccum leak or anything else noticeable wrong with the engine so apart from the gains it was good to do this to fix some dodgy mechanic's work.

I am enjoying this upgrade every time I drive.
For some time, even before I fitted the RDX injectors, I've been considering replacing OEM ECU with AEM ECU (series 2).
Still on my mind, but has anyone done an AEM tune for RDX ?

I am enjoying this upgrade every time I drive.
For some time, even before I fitted the RDX injectors, I've been considering replacing OEM ECU with AEM ECU (series 2).
Still on my mind, but has anyone done an AEM tune for RDX ?

I PMed Fastrax Turbo the same question, "unless you are doing additional mods:SC/Turbo/ITB..etc., the gain over the custom Prospeed tune is gonna be quite small if any".

has anyone with a '02+ or 3.2L done this mod and have dyno results?

I have a 1998 NA2, this kit, and an AEM F/IC sitting in the garage... not installed. I am of no help on this matter haha.

Back