• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed rdx injectors & ecu rom tune kit

dont fool yourself, it is a 2 person job to lift the intake manifold off the heads.
I had no problem with just two hands. It's not that heavy and definitely can be done by one person. Having second pair of hands definitely helps though.

Can anybody help me with this? I had Prospeed do the the install of the RDX injectors with the reprogramming of the ECU, but ever since then the NSX does not idle well. The motor stalls as well. I pulled the clock fuse out to reset the ECU to see if that would help but the engine still doesn't idle well. Do I need that SOS injector resistor bypass plug? Somebody said on this tread that this part eliminated the idle problem. My car will be up soon for the California smog test so I want to have this issue resolved. Overall I'm pleased with the increase in performance with this up grade.

Can anybody help me with this? I had Prospeed do the the install of the RDX injectors with the reprogramming of the ECU, but ever since then the NSX does not idle well. The motor stalls as well. I pulled the clock fuse out to reset the ECU to see if that would help but the engine still doesn't idle well. Do I need that SOS injector resistor bypass plug? Somebody said on this tread that this part eliminated the idle problem. My car will be up soon for the California smog test so I want to have this issue resolved. Overall I'm pleased with the increase in performance with this up grade.

Did you not install the plug? If you had prospeed do the install, just give them a call and see of it has been installed. I never ran without it, but from what I've read, your symptoms seem consistent with not installing the plug.

check this thread:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/173168-Trouble-with-Prospeed-RDX-and-ECU-upgrade
Not sure if brian has seen it, but it seems like a pretty common problem. I was never able to solve mine, but after re-soldering the socket, and going back to the stock chip, it was back to normal.
I had idle issues, start issues... blackhorse was able to solve his problems by having the socket professionally re-soldered. I spent several weeks trying to troubleshoot it, and eventually gave up.

Last edited:
RDX idle problem

Did you not install the plug? If you had prospeed do the install, just give them a call and see of it has been installed. I never ran without it, but from what I've read, your symptoms seem consistent with not installing the plug.

Thanks for your help! As you know it is difficult to get a hold of Brian sometimes. If I were to check myself where would look to see if the bypass plug is installed and what would I be looking for? If it isn't installed should I go ahead and install the bypass plug from SOS. By installing the plug ,would this cause me to fail a smog test? Sorry about all the dumb questions☺

Have a look at the photo and installation instructions in attached - point #5.

For some reason, when converting to PDF some of the words have been cut from end of sentences so here's the full paragraph:

5. The injector bypass plug will connect to the factory harness. The Injector resistor box can be removed or harness tucked away for a cleaner look. The injector resistor box is located in the engine bay over the rear passenger tire.

- - - Updated - - -

check this thread: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/173168-Trouble-with-Prospeed-RDX-and-ECU-upgrade
I spent several weeks trying to troubleshoot it, and eventually gave up.

Not a good story. Mine was OK but the solder work was very average. Did you actually repair/resolder your chip, or get a technican to do it for you? It is well worth fixing for the performance improvement.

Attachments

• RDX Installation Instructions.pdf
    137.2 KB · Views: 58
I found the resistor box. It does have a male bypass plug with no wires coming out of the male plug. The SOS bypass plug has wire coming out of theirs that are pigtailed together. Would this difference be the cause of my rough idle?

Yes, you need the resistor plug. After installing it please remove the radio fuse for at least 20 seconds. Plug it back it. It will take a few minutes for the Ecu to learn and the rough idle will eventually go away. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hi Brian. Thanks for the reply regarding my rough idling issue. I had you do the injector install. The bypass plug that you installed is just a male plug with no wires attached. The SOS bypass plug has wires that are pigtailed together. Are the two plugs the same? Do I need to get the SOS bypass plug?

Hello Brian, I've been driving with your kit for about 7 months now. However I still have the idle issue that fluctuate between 1100~1500 with 2~3 seconds interval for about 3 minute from cold start.
and my idle never goes lower than 1000... I've reset the fuse several time already.. Will firmware update help this issue???

Yes, it's the same thing. Do the fuse pull and let me know bud... I'll help you get it idling right. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hi Brian, I did the fuse pull and drove the car for a few days now but the poor idle problem is still there to the point where the engines dies in neutral. I tried to adjust the idle speed but I can't find the idle adjustment screw even with the help of the shop manual. This is becoming very frustrating. As I live int the same city as you can I stop by after work to see if you can adjust the idle speed/ solve this problem?

Hey Brian,

Thanks again for the RDX injector kit!! After months of sitting on the kit I made it home to Houston to have it installed yesterday!! Instructions was clear and on point, fired up great, no fuel leaking, no idling issues, and pulls very hard especially after 5200!! Way better then the stage 3 rom tune you created few years back! Anyone else looking to do this mod its HIGHLY recommended!!!! I'm greatly satisfied, thanks again!! Brian, old ROM is in the mail and PM sent for the tracking info!!

Last edited:
Brian,

does your chip work with OBD1 with Drive By Wire?

Do you offer a chip to work with the ID's?

Is the ECU socketed? can my technician install it plug and play or is there soldering involved?

If we were to install a FIC at a later date, install old chip or continue to use yours?

Thanks.

Back