• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Amw oil cooler kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Price for adapter only is 132€ . (Adapter and adapter nut ) . AN 10 or AN 12 fittings are extra.

Last edited:
V.2 is ready for sale

This new updated kit has special adapter made for NSX engine ! It is not universal product !
Adapter has nice flow ramps helping oil to flow easily towars oil cooler. It has correct by-pass
holes just for NSX engine. It is not anodised for reason. Better heat release. Viton o-ring seal.
Aeroflow AN 10 fittings are assebled to sandwic adapter and oil cooler .
Setrab cooler has Special 90 degree AN10 fittings what you cant buy so we made it.
This way we coud use so big cooler core. There is no room for bigger one !
High quality Aeroflow hoses are pre asebled and ready to instal.
All fitting angles and placements are done on jig , so it is easy to just bolt on.
Set has AN3 Air bleeding devices for air removing from system. Just in case ..it self
air bleeds very well , but i like to besure at there is no air into system.
Whole system is pressure tested in our shop ! So it is 100% leak free.
Cooler has 3 rubber cushions and laser cut aluminum / SS bracets.
Cushions had very clever special Nut/washer/lock combo ( washer and nut is same unit)
Air duct is made from carbon/ epoxy. It is special made for just this Setrab cooler core.
It has rubber strips all places where carbon has contact on core. Also soft seal on body side.
This duct is key part for this system and how good it works!
Comes with full detailed instalation instructions with pictures.

Set Price is 1268€

Attachments

• DSC_0036.JPG
    DSC_0036.JPG
    266.6 KB · Views: 371
  • DSC_0007.JPG
    DSC_0007.JPG
    253.8 KB · Views: 365
  • DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 367
Post one and these

Attachments

• DSC_0041.JPG
    DSC_0041.JPG
    230.3 KB · Views: 366
  • DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    251.2 KB · Views: 368
I have oil cooler parts for 3 cooler kits . If I got 3 kits orders PRICE is 1050 € each . At that same time it is final opportunity to get carbon air ducts for Setrab SE-915(115x330mm) Price for duct only 270€.
Hoses and fittings are now from Speedflow.

Last edited:
I would be all over this if I didn't just spend a ton of money on carbon parts!

I would like to see some more numbers showing the effectiveness of the oil cooler. As I don't track the car, it would be little more than just a nice little mod to make use of my passenger side vent. This definitely looks like the most well built kit for our cars.

Price is always issue ! Low product number like this ( 3 made so far ) you are ever gona get any profit . If you look picture this is minimum what you need to make just one . You coud use your master to make one or two , but it gets damaged very soon. To make more effiency you need these . Very shy estimate on working hours are 60 -70 hours , so price tag is 3000-3500€ ! Plus you need to ad carbon components ( 8 different goods+ tools). To break even i need to sold 20 of these. I am doing this because i just love these cars ! There is much better ways to make money !

Attachments

• DSC_0012 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0012 (Small).JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 259
With all the NRE involved in this kit and the quality of parts I think the price is fare. I hope to see some empirical data soon to back up the kit. I'm on the fence about buying for a car I rarely track. Looks like I'll have to change that :smile:

Keep up the great work!

Last edited:
Question is how many people will pay almost $1,700 for oil cooler.

I don't know if the vented setup is more efficient compared to the SOS oil cooler, but SOS costs a lot less.

How you came up that number?

Set Price is 1268€

I think he is taking that number, converting it to USD, and tacking on a bit for shipping. 1268 EUR is approximately ~1550 USD.
That being said... I don't think this is an unfair price at all. It is a beautiful quality kit with a carbon piece to go with it. Of course there are cheaper options. I just wish I had more money. :smile: Having some sort of numbers to back up the need for a kit would really help some people who are on the fence to make a decision though.

I don't know if the vented setup is more efficient compared to the SOS oil cooler, but SOS costs a lot less.

If you dont have a duct, air will pass around the cooler rather than through it. Therefore, the CF duct is more efficient, and no doubt adds to the cost when you consider all the time it takes to make it.

Also, the SOS kit uses cheaper oil lines and fittings. A search here will show a few have ruptured. Obviously, not good for your engine, and can also cause a fire. Good lines and fittings add to the cost.

If you look thru my build thread (towards the end somewhere) I run a similar setup to this. For the record, i'm a fan of this setup. I have a similar 13 row Setrab mounted in the same place with 10AN fittings on a 10AN oil sandwich plate. I also have have a makeshift duct I created out of ABS plastic sheets on the inlet portion of the cooler. In other words, the air is clean flowing from the vent thru the cooler. It sounds ghetto but it works. The other questionable part to this and my setup is how high is the air pressure behind the cooler itself. Wheel wells are generally known to be high pressure areas. While I have kept my fender liners in place, I wish I could a duct/hose setup behind the cooler OR at least keep the factory OEM engine bay fan in place. If you have a CTSC like I do.. there's no way to fit the fan.

With all of that said... I have tracked the NSX in stupid hot weather. The best example is probably NSXPO 2015 in Palm Springs, CA. It was probably 110F+ that day. I reckon track temps could have been around 130-140F+. My car with the side mount oil cooler and the MASiV radiator kept my oil temps no higher than 258F. It cools down to <220F quickly in half a lap of cool down. I'm estimating here but you get the point. I haven't modified the ducting or improved the air pressure, of mounted a makeshift engine bay fan because I can life with ~250F oil temps on a super hot day.
[MENTION=22066]Operator[/MENTION] 's unit has better fit and finish so I reckon it can only perform better than mine.

Oh, one thing I also like about the oil cooler in the side vent is it's not a great place for air flow so you don't need to worry about the oil being too cold. In a cold day for street driving my oil has no problem hovering around 190-200F. Though every so often I keep the revs up to get it above 212F to burn off any water moisture in the oil.

HOPE THAT HELPS!

(I'm attaching a photo here. Let me know if it does not show up for you)
lbakkXuZ4T6ahiMEk1a4_HOfNuN8qBLpUtS1IAIMD3zsEfP1qXA2fSwu7y0orPL7mgvmKgX_O7lntctiezk4aPx-uaDCXIvBhll527Hi3CxrtSlNVDzQ4o6Hfiis9PcxJdYeCC0-2C_ibAa8svlE0DNdYUJo7VJw0EkorGlSXhuzyvc5bCtq1gj4gUQgz4Rigj5bLBfINDoVp3ETDDn8-ievWSoC_V9Eu3aM9L0zNShpJjG5X7HRduDc9rb-7uTE635xcrMa8sKK0hBevEgMAcxNYep-VC40alNCjJtyalw1JQc_0hGcjAoAxxNQolVgq1mtePdiWU9AbfKzaI8Hx1T0vg0wgdz16CkpZd7TdnMfyQiRHo0hoWySGb9ueF5-FqDRYwq4RxUQOzd-1b1AGahi30nlfyEehNzo2RvRSgdlaM3iTUVDd0b1UqYMUxb6mE1oZh2eizDwFqBgEYR44d26XAX6ulqZ29jSTizl5tjovFnE1dFK_sROfDr729QCDOCkZjaJBQM0if8VGSrOgDiHOcyO1DuzYsueQHxNGvOdGrL_emOu-xvtZn3lf1ZRr0dcnyfZrsTn-28tScUyDmYaEL-gKZ3e01gDS2Sm=w1388-h1848-no

New price for last 3 sets 900€ > 1100usd . Shipping 65$.
Oil cooler, adapter, hoses and CF duct . complete paggage !
I need tree orders to star this production ! This are last sets.

Last edited:
Hi Operator,

Any chance of still getting an oil cooler kit from you?

Thanks

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back