• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Amw oil cooler kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMW Racing Oil Cooler Kit

Base kit includes :
-Setrab (made in sweden) Oil cooler 50x115mmx330mm
-Oil filter take off plate AN10
-Installion hardware
-Carbon air duct

Price 609e Tax Free (750e EU price includes sales tax 23 % ) 802 USD for US customers

Full kit includes:
-Setrab (made in sweden) Oil cooler 115mmx330mm
-Oil filter take off plate AN10
-Installion hardware
-Carbon air duct
-AN10 fittings and hoses

Price 750e Tax Free (923 EU price includes sales tax 23 % ) 988 USD for US customers
Add 49e (60e EU) pre assembled kit

AMW NSX
http://www.amwdynoservice.com/page10.php
Mail ;
j[email protected]

Attachments

• Prime1DSC_0010.jpg
    Prime1DSC_0010.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 885
  • Prime3DSC_0023.jpg
    Prime3DSC_0023.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 844
  • DSC_0032_r1.jpg
    DSC_0032_r1.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 832
  • DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,138
Last edited:
wow, I don't know how I missed this. What a fantastic piece of kit from the looks of it. Now just trying to figure out how I can work the cost into my budget :)

EDIT: Is there anyway you can drop the cost a bit if you offered say a fiberglass duct? Also, is there a thermostat somewhere?

Last edited:
Hi,

AMW Racing Oil Cooler Kit

Base kit includes :
Price 609e (750e EU price)

Full kit includes:
Price 750e (923 EU price)

Add 49e (60e EU) pre assembled kit

Can you clarify on these pricings?! $$ / € ?!

I see like "750e" then followed by "923 EU"... being EU the coin code for Euros

Thanks,
Nuno

EUR 750 for customers outside the EU. For customers inside the EU, EUR 750 + 23% VAT legally required in Finland = EUR 923.

But I agree, that kit looks very nice.

^thanks... and i thought that only Portugal had a 23% VAT :biggrin:

but curiously enough, i can buy it without VAT, as i have a European activity (but i can't resell the items later) .... i already do it with France :cool:

Thanks,
Nuno

EDIT: Is there anyway you can drop the cost a bit if you offered say a fiberglass duct? Also, is there a thermostat somewhere?[/QUOTE]

Good materials and products don't come cheap. Oil Cooler list price is 160e ($210)
AIR duct is expensive, but just making moulds for one will take days!
All bracets are very clever desing because of the room and the size of the cooler core.
Carbon materials cost only 70$. Fiberclass 10$! Only CF option available.

We have winter time now so I am not able to test car/oil temps/pressures
within two weeks. Testing will tell us if we need a thermostat.
I will let you know when I have a results.

Testing will tell us if we need a thermostat.

Could you do the testing on a cool day and check how long the oil takes to get up to 80°C with just the OEM oil/water heat exchanger and then how long it takes to get up to 80°C with the additional Setrab oil/air heat exchanger if there is no thermostat in the take-off plate? I drive my NSX on the street and find it great how quickly the oil gets up to normal operating temperature even on cold days.

I found a very elegant solution to incorporate a thermostat into this design.

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/product/1599/Mocal_Sandwich_Plate
MOC-SP1FT.jpg

This sandwich plate has a built-in thermostat set to open at 180deg. I just wish it also had external sensor fittings for oil press and temp. I guess you can tap for those elsewhere.

Can someone confirm if the NSX oil filter thread is 20x1.5 or 22x1.5? I see conflicting info online. I believe it's 20mm.

I had same adapter in my mind ...very
poor quality and too small base for NSX filter and too small openings.
OTSP1F(your picture) only M20x1,5 tread
NSX Filter has M22x1,5
If thermostat is needed i have a solution ready.

RYU - this is the same design/set-up I have (noted in the other thread) but without the duct. Not sure if my cooler is the same brand or not.

This is one of the more efficient set ups especially if one is not using an Accusump behind it in the fender well - otherwise the duct [edit] "may" interfere with the Accusump hoses but still probably workable.

If I am not mistaken, the oil cooler comes in different capacities with almost identical size. And why would you need a thermostat there? Keep it continuously running/cooling the oil.

Last edited:
I hope to find a sandwich plate in the right size with a built-in thermostat. Unfortunately, google does not return for me any results in the 22x1.5 size. I only see the Mocal unit at 20x1.5. In-line stats are more commonly available but you have to buy the stat and additional AN fittings. That's easily another $200+ on top of everything.

It will be interesting to see Operator's results on if a thermostat is needed in his setup or not.

My concern is two fold with not running a stat.
1. Since this heat exchanger gets air flow all the time I don't want it to overcool the oil below 180* during normal street driving conditions. Several reasons exists for why oil should be at the proper operating temp which is probably OT for this thread. (I'm hoping Operator's testing proves a stat is not needed).

2. I don't want the oil to take longer than it needs to to warm up during first start-ups.

At the end of the day, I think having the stat there is a nice-to-have. Don't think it's absolutely necessary for most driving conditions here in California. I'd say it's a must for much colder climates where a car is driven all year round though - well, i'd run one.

0.02 pesos

Interestingly the SOS B&M solution doesn't have an oil in-line thermostat but it does have a temp driven fan. It's not in direct air flow all the time so there is probably no concern with overcooling.

RYU - for what's worth, with the same set and without the thermostat, my oil temp on normal street driving is within 5-8F of the water temps - but I also have a dual Spal fan and a vented hood. As long as the car is idling it will not make a difference how quickly the oil warms up. But if you drive it after cranking, yes this may take a bit longer on cold days.

For reference, if it is 50s ambient outside and I am cruising comfortably on the FWY both temps are in the range of 160-165F. On normal 80-90F days they tend to be in the 180F - just around the water thermostat threshold. Street driving bumps both up; I can easily get to 195F with a few back to back pulls on street at 90F ambient - but that's when the efficiency of my dual Spal fan kicks in.

OP's testing would indeed be interesting.

Hrant - You may have saved me some more $$ again. That's two beers I owe you sir. (yes, i'm keeping count).

The 160-165* cruising temp is a little concerning but i'm begging to think my neuroticism is getting the best of me again.

AMW oil cooler test

Outside temp 15 c (59 F)
OIL Castrol TWS 10-60 racing oil
Oil temp HKS sensor
Oil Press HKS fast sensor location same as OEM

Normal driving on city ... temps same as last year (no cooler)
Driving on highway 100km/h 10C degrees lower temps 50c(122F)
With blocked oil cooler air opening temp rises 10C degrees to 60C(140F)

So good so far , no problems but gives you some thinking ideas
OIL pressure still over honda limits but oil pressure relief valve is acting
differently.
Oil cooler and hoses a causing some restriction in to the oil flow.
Relief valve opens no sooner. Before valve opens valve presure is
5,22 bar... open presure 4,2-4,3 bar ..last year never below 5,2 bar !

Even this is not a real "problem" I will try to make my own adapter and go to next hose size (12) + same cooler.

Next real test 5.5.2012 at alastaro race circuit
Then oil temp should go over 100C(212F)
http://www.alastarocircuit.fi/

I have been very productive last weeks ! Now i find solution for this problem case. Original idea was DDOZIERs and idea was very clever but how you can

make it happend in real world. I spend two-tree days just trying to get idea how it can be done . I manage to find solution !

External OEM quality oil cooler set. But it is more than that ! As you know i have oil cooler kit but i found at it is not good system ..it coud hurt your motor !

Now coolant what normaly goes to directly to oil heat exhanger ..goes to external coolant cooler first and then to oil heat exhanger !

Hoses goes up and down and it is not easy task to remove air from system ..no broblem . highest point at the system has air/coolant by-pass hose
what goes to recevoir tank small hose
newreply.php
. As you can see there is “service”point close to oil filter . If you need to drop your engine ...yes easy acces !

This oil cooler shoud give you 7-10% more coolant cooler surface area . Actual test can be done nex year when all Snow is gone !

What you think ?

Attachments

• NSXOILC04.JPG
    NSXOILC04.JPG
    217.1 KB · Views: 472
  • NSXOILC03.JPG
    NSXOILC03.JPG
    256.7 KB · Views: 493
Do you sell the duct you have mounted on the Setrab? Prefer normal plastic. Does not have to be CF.

This round we will work something out. What is new price for this set ? I am working on it.

RYU And -M- What is your setrab cooler part number or dimensions ?

I will sell duct only with Setrab cooler instalation kit hardware. Rubber mounts and aluminum conectors Chassi/ Cooler . AND it comes with template where to dril one hole !
Most Instalation parts can be seen in post #1 . DUCT and Hardware = 242€ postage and handling 52 €

If someone else needs this set no it is a time to place an order ! After Oil coolers ( air or coolant )sets are re-tested These cant be ordered anymore.

Last edited:
Stage 2 NSX oil cooler kit part . CNC macined sandwich adapter made from 6082 billet . It has "flow" ramps and all corners are deburred and finnished. Race quality part !
This is part of new NSX oil kit what is ready soon. With this adapter you can run "short" or long (112mm) oil filter.
If someone is building BIG Racing oil cooler system with this adapter you can use AN12 size hoses !
O-ring is Viton rubber

Attachments

• DSC_0075.JPG
    DSC_0075.JPG
    229.8 KB · Views: 425
Stage 2 NSX oil cooler kit part . CNC macined sandwich adapter made from 6082 billet . It has "flow" ramps and all corners are deburred and finnished. Race quality part !
This is part of new NSX oil kit what is ready soon. With this adapter you can run "short" or long (112mm) oil filter.
If someone is building BIG Racing oil cooler system with this adapter you can use AN12 size hoses !
O-ring is Viton rubber
I already have an oil cooler setup how much for just the adapter and what are the differences to the one SOS sells is it the larger AN fittings? (I have their adapter but made my own kit)

I already have an oil cooler setup how much for just the adapter and what are the differences to the one SOS sells is it the larger AN fittings? (I have their adapter but made my own kit)

Sorry about late reply. You need to wait week or two . I dont know what kind of paggages im gona offer . But yes you can bye adapter only. Price ..i am working on it.
You have seen this AMW adapter and SOS ...you will be the judge ! AMW adapter is pressur balanced so it will not effect your oil pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back