• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed NSX Turbo Kit

Re: Prospeed NSX Turbo Kit!

You stole my idea! (just kidding :))

It's probably not an original idea, but I was going to do just that with the stock airbox over the charge pipe on my personal street car. Very well executed Prospeed.

Billy

Thanks for the comments Billy. I think in California it's almost a must to go for that low profile look.

Here's a review from one of our customer with our kit with Dyno Graph below

Thanks Shaw!

After months of hard work, pain and agony, my project is almost done. I have converted my nsx from auto to manual and CTSC to turbo!

Prospeed Turbo system with AEM EMS & AFR gauge; Angus' methanol stainless steel tank and methanol injection system; Chassis bars from STMPO; MLS head gasket and low compression forged piston from SOS; KW V3 from ebay; RPS twin billet carbon clutch and billet oil pump from Dali and hopefully tuning by Cody of Lovefab soon.

I bought most of the manual conversion parts from a fellow member from Australia and the rest are new parts from a Malaysian Honda parts dealer.

I have bought and dealt with most of the vendors on nsxprime for the other parts. Most were helpful. Some were a real pleasure to deal with. Some were not so pleasant.

That is all water under the bridge now. What matters is that the car is a blast to drive.

Well worth all the effort, agony and heartaches.

Attached is the dyno.

BTW i have an electronic boost controller that has preset boost level that lets me choose between 360rwhp to 480rwhp. It is so much fun fiddling with the knob.

988_dyno.jpg

Brian,

Let me know if you need any help from me.

Brian,

Let me know if you need any help from me.

Thanks Shaw! I appreciate the help. I will contact you if I need any help. I never got to see the kit on the car with the anodized pipes! Post some pics up of your car and the kit. I would love to see it. Have you taken it to the track lately?

I am glad to see Brian and Shaw came to terms.
I knew Prospeed would pull through.

Thanks. Things are good and im glad Shaw is happy with the kit!

We have a great special on the kits. If you are interested PM me for more info. We have a few more NSX's coming soon with our kit so look out!

yes I know my tuner needs a few other things and then we order everything together

THanks NSXZERO. I am looking forward to doing business with you. You will be happy with our kit and it's quality! We'll take care of you! Let me know when you're ready. Thanks again!

Why is he making less power with at more boost? compared to the graph above?

Why is he making less power with at more boost? compared to the graph above?

The older graph is in ps and nm while the newer graph is in hp and ft/lb.

Sorry for the confusion caused by the difference in units used.

Here is a automatic turbo NSX dyno graph we recently did for a customer! From my understanding this is the first automatic Turbo NSX in the world. If im wrong let me know =)

New Prospeed Turbo kit with meth inj. Bisimoto tuned with AEM FI/C. This transmission has a level 10 Transmission upgrade so please dont try this at home. Drives like stock around town and really rips it up when you push that gas pedal! No misshifts here! =)

363 hp and 269 ft lbs of torque to the wheels. If you account for about an estimated 25% drivetrain loss due to the automatic transmission his flywheel hp is at a whopping 454 hp!
SonnyNSXTPwrFeb11.jpg

It peaked at 6.6 lbs of boost but at 6.1 lbs at high rpm. This car is near peak boost at only 3000rpm so it's quick spooling and offers a very useable powerband.

SonnyNSXTBstFeb11.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a automatic turbo NSX dyno graph we recently did for a customer! From my understanding this is the first automatic Turbo NSX in the world. If im wrong let me know =)

New Prospeed Turbo kit with meth inj. Bisimoto tuned with AEM FI/C. This transmission has a level 10 Transmission upgrade so please dont try this at home. Drives like stock around town and really rips it up when you push that gas pedal! No misshifts here! =)

363 hp and 269 ft lbs of torque to the wheels. If you account for about an estimated 25% drivetrain loss due to the automatic transmission his flywheel hp is at a whopping 454 hp!
SonnyNSXTPwrFeb11.jpg

It peaked at 6.6 lbs of boost but at 6.1 lbs at high rpm. This car is near peak boost at only 3000rpm so it's quick spooling and offers a very useable powerband.

SonnyNSXTBstFeb11.jpg

Interesting! Nice numbers.

Back