• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

the ultimate NSX street car

There's something to be said about the understated perfection of this car.

To most observers, this NSX probably appears to be a simply modified clean NSX. In fact, it is the ultimate NSX street car. To begin, this is by the far the cleanest Zanardi edition NSX we have ever seen. The owner, who despite an impressive collection of current and previously owned supercars including various Ferrari models, Ford GT, and Porsche GT3RS, counts this as one of the top driver cars. Although it is in stellar condition, and well maintained, this NSX is made to be driven - and driven it is, on some of Arizona and Utah's top mountain roads.

Power is increased by way of a ScienceofSpeed Supercharger System, making in excess of 420 hp at the engine. Stoptech Trophy big brakes sit under Prodrive wheels and motion control is handled by KW Variant 3 dampers. A subtle NSX-R rear spoiler, which has exposed carbon fiber weave on the underside of the spoiler. Connecting the driver to the car is a pair of Downforce NSX-R seats, with a Carbon Kevlar shell, and special designed "Zanardi edition" covers replicating the perforated black Alcantera cushions, and red stitch found on the factory Zanardi seats. The seats provide unparalleled comfort for a bucket style seat with additional lateral support.

In the near future, you will see more details about the customer's other project - the ultimate 200 mph NSX.

We appreciate the balance of this car - and feel it retains the balance of the factory car, while elevating its potential. Make no mistake, this is the ultimate street NSX.

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

Nice seats, nice car!(nice tires, just ordered a set of D2's. Did Zanardi's come with a paint match roof?
How does the owner like the V3's vs stock Zanardi suspension?

Yes, it is a nice car with attractive mods but I have to ask......

Why take a limited edition Zanardi and do this? Why not just use a "regular" coupe instead of essentially subtracting one real Zanardi from the 40ish left?

Why take a limited edition Zanardi and do this? Why not just use a "regular" coupe instead of essentially subtracting one real Zanardi from the 40ish left?

Agreed. All the Zanardi-specific parts (wheels, suspension, etc) have been replaced by aftermarket ones anyway. Do the extra 200cc make that much of a difference?

I have to agree on this too. Why a Zanardi. I even get the wheel/brake thing, that can quickly go back go to stock. But to some day have to explain the history of a classic collectible as to why you installed a blower with aftermarket engine management on it.... That one is the one that will hurt the car the most.

................But it will make every other unmodified Zanardi worth a few percent more. I wonder how hard it is now or will be in the future to order factory Zanardi specific parts?

I have to agree on this too. Why a Zanardi. I even get the wheel/brake thing, that can quickly go back go to stock. But to some day have to explain the history of a classic collectible as to why you installed a blower with aftermarket engine management on it.... That one is the one that will hurt the car the most.

Lots of jealousy in this thread! If this is the guy (his name escapes me) with the 458 and the ford gt, then I am super duper jealous.

Because the car is the most collectible NSX in this country. Does it really not make sense that some of us would question why this car and not a regular NSX? Especially for someone that doesn't seem to be hurting for money? The wheels are tasteful, which helps you put the originals in a garage and preserve them. The seats too.... Tasteful, and it allows the car to be used without wearing the originals. Those I get.... The rest I don't. And it's not "jealousy". 40 remaining zanardis. Hey it's his car and a nice one and he can do what he wants. But I think it's ok for bob and I to express an opinion.

I know that car and personally it was the ultimate nsx.......when it was in pure stock form. It deserves to be in an Acura dealer showroom and to be driven on weekends. Nice car nonetheless.:smile:

It's not jealousy but puzzlement as to why a zanardi would be so "molested" when any coupe could have been used. It reminds me of Alice coopers gullwing Mercedes in the tebo collection in Denver. He modified the engine and did custom paintwork to highlight his music. To me that destroyed a "priceless" gullwing.

I have to agree with overall tone of this thread so far...

The wheels, brakes, suspension fine I can see that but I really hoped the line would be drawn there.

Type R hood? Might as well, it's got the spoiler....

The mods are all reversible if the owner saw fit to revert back to stock. It's not like he cut the thing up and turned it into a widebody car.....he bolted on a supercharger and a couple other tastefull mods that improve the drivability. I'm sure all the OEM parts are in storage should they ever decide to put it back to stock.

Seats, brakes, wing, even coilovers, yeah. Back to stock. Although you still know someone has removed and re-installed parts on the car. Not a good thing anyway. Not that simple with a supercharger that has pushed the stock motor to 420 HP via aftermarket engine management. Then you have to explain the qualifications of the tuner and why there would be no extra wear or possible damage on the motor versus stock. That's not a "bolt back to stock" thing.

I mean obviously its clear the tuner is reputable. I just liked it best before this round of mods.

I think the only way for the owner to rectify the situation is to buy another low mileage Zanardi and promise not to touch it :D

Last edited:

+1
What a waste of a rare care when any NSX would have done.

Last edited:
Why is it the owner's responsibility to preserve a car, when he'd rather have fun with it?

Modifying cars is an expression, he chose a Zanardi - sounds like a good base to start from.

Not enjoying your car while you own it so that it is "preserved" for the next guy, is kind of like not fcking your wife to "preserve" her for the next guy..

Back