• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

the ultimate NSX street car

Dehaldswerth for president.

i too; as i am guess many others would be graced and appreciative of a Dehaldswerth review!

Last edited:
Second, this discussion explores what I believe to be one of the most unsettling aspect of owning cool cars; the constant, implied necessity of preserving the car for resale. As some of you have pointed out, this is aptly known as "saving the car for the next guy" syndrome. I will be the first to admit that I have grappled with this over the past umpteen years with various different cars (many of which cost more than a nice suburban home). I'm sick of it. So, when I bought the Zanardi, I decided to draw the line. As you see, I have not wavered in my resolve.

Let me put this as bluntly and concisely as I can: I bought the Zanardi not because it was a Zanardi, but because it was a 3.2 Liter Coupe/6 Speed/manual steering car that had been well cared for. The Zanardi part, while cool, was not really that important to me; it was the performance and torsional rigidity of the lightweight coupe that I was after.

I didn't buy the car as an investment, and I didn't buy it to put in a museum. I didn't buy it to wax it or fawn over it and allow it to collect dust in the garage. I bought it with the intention of turning into my interpretation of the PERFECT sports car and then to blast up and down my favorite canyon roads in it. I won, and after all the prima donna cars I've owned, obsessed over, preserved, and then sold at a loss, I don't give a tinker's damn what the next guy thinks about my NSX. As far as "explaining" the modifications I performed to the car, my family can do that at my funeral.

Finally, and for those who care, I can't begin to describe what a fantastic car this is. The brakes are amazing, and the supercharger makes this car magnificent. It looks cool, and the seats are not only lightweight, but comfortable and are perfectly suited to the car.

My NSX shares garage space with some pretty incredible cars. When someone asks me which is my favorite, I find myself gazing at the lovely, light, responsive NSX. It may be the greatest car I have ever owned. One thing for sure, I built it just the way I like it. :)

[golf clap]Voted best post of 2013...so far.[/golf clap]

What clutch are you using and how do you like it?

Hey if you can afford it all and don't care about values and such more power to you. While it is a very rare nsx, we are not talking about a million dollar collectible. So if your goal was to make the best modified nsx and you wanted to start with a Zanardi, I think the argument is legit.

I had a ride in a zanardi with a Ctsc with the aem. It was very impressive. I would imagine this car is incredible.

....blast up and down my favorite canyon roads in it.

Having driven many of the roads up your way, some of which are also my faves, I totally get it.

Its about the DRIVING EXPERIENCE, enjoying the fine engineering that makes our cars so awesome and fun to drive.

I have seen this car in person ( its a truly top notch NSX/Zanardi )
When you were dropping it off at SOS; I happened to be there talking to Wade and assisted unloading it from your trailer
I think you mentioned that you were planning to keep it forever, of course, its a bad ass car !
Perfect mods, totally reversible if that mattered...
Cheers !

Last edited:
What an entertaining and thought provoking thread!

First, thanks to Chris and SOS for the fantastic work they have performed on the car. Chris is a straight shooter and enthusiast of the first order, and it has been a pleasure working with him. Lots of cool projects going on at SOS right now...

Second, this discussion explores what I believe to be one of the most unsettling aspect of owning cool cars; the constant, implied necessity of preserving the car for resale. As some of you have pointed out, this is aptly known as "saving the car for the next guy" syndrome. I will be the first to admit that I have grappled with this over the past umpteen years with various different cars (many of which cost more than a nice suburban home). I'm sick of it. So, when I bought the Zanardi, I decided to draw the line. As you see, I have not wavered in my resolve.

Let me put this as bluntly and concisely as I can: I bought the Zanardi not because it was a Zanardi, but because it was a 3.2 Liter Coupe/6 Speed/manual steering car that had been well cared for. The Zanardi part, while cool, was not really that important to me; it was the performance and torsional rigidity of the lightweight coupe that I was after.

I didn't buy the car as an investment, and I didn't buy it to put in a museum. I didn't buy it to wax it or fawn over it and allow it to collect dust in the garage. I bought it with the intention of turning into my interpretation of the PERFECT sports car and then to blast up and down my favorite canyon roads in it. I won, and after all the prima donna cars I've owned, obsessed over, preserved, and then sold at a loss, I don't give a tinker's damn what the next guy thinks about my NSX. As far as "explaining" the modifications I performed to the car, my family can do that at my funeral.

Finally, and for those who care, I can't begin to describe what a fantastic car this is. The brakes are amazing, and the supercharger makes this car magnificent. It looks cool, and the seats are not only lightweight, but comfortable and are perfectly suited to the car.

My NSX shares garage space with some pretty incredible cars. When someone asks me which is my favorite, I find myself gazing at the lovely, light, responsive NSX. It may be the greatest car I have ever owned. One thing for sure, I built it just the way I like it. :)

End of sermon.

Wow! I couldn't of said it better myself!

All the mods reversible. Its not a big deal. Let the man have his fun. I hope he kept all the stock parts tho.

First, thanks to Chris and SOS for the fantastic work they have performed on the car. Chris is a straight shooter and enthusiast of the first order, and it has been a pleasure working with him. Lots of cool projects going on at SOS right now...

End of sermon.

Well So how do you like it compared to your other cars. I just saw the link from your "return" thread. I do think the car is tastefully modified. If I were to change anything it would have been an '02 rear valance. However it is not my car it is your car. I think it looks amazing.

P.S. Nice reply to the thread.

End of sermon.

Enough said. Own a toy.. Play with the toy!

Just saw this thread(I don't spend enough time on prime) and wanted to bump it up. Congrats to the owner - I would have done the same!

Very Nice. Thanks for the bump, haven't seen this thread before.

If the owners or all these collectors just bought the NSX "FOR DISPLAY ONLY", nsxprime would be a ghost town:biggrin:

*cue in the tumbleweeds*

tumbleweed01.jpg

LOL, this thread strongly reminds me of the "GNX" thread on Buick forums. If someone makes a simple change on a GNX, there's an uproar from the community on it's rarity and should not ne meddled with. :rolleyes:

End of sermon.

images

DeHaldaswerth:

Great response/sermon. I agree with you.
You may however change your opinion once your "inbound" Ferrari 458 2013 arrives.... Regardless, you built it the way you liked it.

Last edited:
DeHaldaswerth:

Great response/sermon. I agree with you.
You may however change your opinion once your "inbound" Ferrari 458 2013 arrives.... Regardless, you built it the way you liked it.

Wow, interesting timing for you to say that. After reading the thread bump from ProOnThaSnow, I looked up a few links I had to DeHaldaswerth's posts outside of NSXPrime. I've been waiting for him to reappear and update us on his adventures. Found this earlier today. And it's white (great choice):

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/142337775-post83.html

- - - Updated - - -

Screen Shot 2013-10-19 at 1.39.15 PM.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Not to beat a dead horse (I've beaten quite a few horses in the name of the GenII NSX lately) but this is proof positive that it's possible to design something in the 2010's that's modern, original, instantly timeless, and devoid of over-the-top automotive design cliche's or silly beaks. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Since it may not be possible to see pictures in the thread link I gave unless you're a member of ferrarichat (I joined only so I could read some of DeHaldeswerth's car reviews), check out this garage of someone with similar tastes as him, from the same thread. Good God Lordy Almighty Above is that a garage.

Screen Shot 2013-10-19 at 1.48.35 PM.jpg

One thing for sure, I built it just the way I like it. :)

End of sermon.

Beautifully written Sir.

There are enough keepers of the NSX that will maintain a stock version for the next keeper. If had extra disposable income I might also have a stock garage queen collecting dust for the next keeper to remove.

I love my NSX too and have built it just the way I like it ... and I drive it to the best of my ability.

Is it as rare as a Zinardi, no. Its rarer. Its one of only two Magnum Grey Targa's in the UK, both are modified yet both, like your wonderful example, could pass for stock to the untrainined observer.

We know these cars when maintained are bulletproof, so its with that confidence I like to play hard. 35k miles in 7 yrs is not excessive, but just about every one produced a smile.

You go enjoy yourself and a well prepared NSX.

As for your other garage occupants, I'll exercise the C63 for you ;o)

regards, Paul

Last edited:
This thread is one of the countless reasons I enjoy Prime so much!

Carry on,
Brian
(thanks again, Lud ;-)

Great thread and great car! Glad you're enjoying it as well ..... what it was meant to do.

You're not alone as I have been facing a few friends asking me to leave my 3rd / current
2002 Spa Yellow alone as it has 26K MIles on it. I have come to terms that it is time for
me to enjoy this as my ride since my last 2 NSX's were preserved and returnable to stock.
Maybe that's the reason I kept selling them to find other rides. In the past week I've
decided to make mine in to one for me and do as I wish as well. Great response / writing!
Enjoy!:biggrin: She's Gorgeous!

Back