• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Search is over - Took the leap before I looked

Falcon Heights, MN - no Falcons - no Heights
Well Prime, I am a bit embarrassed I did this after the 1000s of times of refreshing the for sale, reading everyone's advice, following up on a few cars, and then just diving into an 3bay sale ...

I ended up purchasing 3bay ad :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994...2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&forcev4exp=true

pretty much sight unseen ... :confused:

I spoke with the "holder" of the car - she was liquidating her step father's estate.
I also searched the car and found previous web info on the car on the car:
http://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709842
and
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/117851-1994-NSX-Red-Tan-JH4NA1151RT000425

The holder of the car was forthright in her communication, she had contacted an Acura dealer and they had offered her
a price on the car, but she was really inclined to sell it to someone directly - someone who would enjoy the car.

I made one attempt to make a purchase through the bay, but ran short.
I contacted the seller and they informed me of an upcoming relist and and then I started camping waiting for the ad.
When it showed up I went though a bit of - ahhhh @#$% should I really do this .... then went for the plunge.

Wednesday I had a #$%^ work seminar - but decided to go for the purchase.
I had previously talked to my bank - a swell guy with a Maserati emblem on his desk top - he had pre-approved me for much more.
I called him up, did my work seminar - then my work friend schlepped me to the bank to pick up my check, and then airport, and off to KC.

$100 cab ride later I was getting dropped off in front of a beautiful red NSX sitting in the driveway.
I crawled around the car - it looked just like the 2009 photos - looked at the receipts for the deferred maint and said "let go".
At 6PM CDT I jumped in - what is a clutch? - and started my 465 mi drive home.
The biggest problem I had on the way home was the pain on the back side of head - too much smiling - finally knowing what VTEC-ing was all about :biggrin:
12:45 AM I pulled up in the drive in Mpls and said I made it.

The next day I drove into the office for the real test - peer review.
My pressure from the work from the car heads had always been - driver or looker (thanks Jim and Dave) - (though I really like the lookers).
The work guys had told me - get this one - best of both worlds.
The work guys went inside and out - through the "doors", front end and pretty much all over.
I passed.

I still dream in Imola - but that's what are dreams for - maybe my next car.

My friend asked me when did buyers remorse set in - I said - well it hasn't

Just to go on record - JH4NA1151RT000425 has a new home in the cold north of Falcon Height MN (really ... no falcons - no heights though).
Would like to post photos - but too busy driving it - :smile:

Seems like 3 of the 32 of these cars have just made a move - 94 red/tan; wish well to all of their new owners drive many miles and be prosperous.

I will also like to (ramble on and) thank a couple of folks that have offered advice, let me drive their car, or simply responded to my preposterous
questions over the past 18 months - ekhonda87 (first NSX I ever drove), shawn110975, stevieray122854 (I still wonder if this should have been my car) leexong77, RobD, NSX Wiki Champion, and redbird92.

We all have a common love (is it 1st or second ...?) - the NSX

Thanks for the insight Prime

Glad to see you finally picked up an NSX!!! Enjoy it!

Congrats on your purchase.

Hey...I live in Shawnee...didn't even know this car was here.

If you would have posted...I would have been happy to look at the car for you and prolly saved you that $100 cab ride....oh well sounds like you made a good deal and happy with the outcome.

That giddy feeling you have with that car in your garage isn't going away at least it hasn't for me.

congrats. pics or its not real and your still sleeping. lots of new owners recently. now go drive the thing

love the ransom note style post:tongue: Always great to read about enthusiastic new owners ..and welcome ...thanks for joining our community.

congrats. pics or its not real and your still sleeping. lots of new owners recently. now go drive the thing

Shawn there are quite a few pictures of the car on his ebay link :biggrin:

But pictures in his driveway might be proof. Then again I've seen pictures of cars posted places and then seen the same car posted for some ridiculously low price on a site that sells cars and all they request is a small wire transfer of a few thousand dollars and they will make sure you receive your car... or so they say in broken English :smile:

Albert86, sometimes you just have to take risks and take a leap of faith. It seems like it was a legit deal from somebody who babied the car. I too always point people to make sure they get a PPI.. but I did the same thing you did, purchased my NSX off eBay. Which was nerve racking, the largest purchase I've ever made on eBay.

But the owner had quite a few pictures and communicated with me before I bid. He worked at the Honda Dealership in Reno, NV and was going through a divorce and was needing to get rid of some of the toys. He had service records for most of the work and had others at the dealership who verified his information.

I purchased a round trip plane ticket, so I could have jumped back on a plane and headed home if the car wasn't everything it was advertised to be. But I checked it over and he purchased a new rear drivers side tire for my trip home at his dealership discount. He paid for the tire. I told him I would be willing to pay for the tire at his cost, but he said no.

It looks like you found a very nice NSX and it appears to be a very good price for a 94 which is one of the more desirable NSX's for many. Because for the most part it is the last year of the coupe. Apart from a very few coupes in later years and the 99 Zanardi Limited Edition (50, not sure how many are still out there, any ideas guys ? ? ?) the 94 is it.

looks nice,but the rake seems off ...the front tire gap looks larger than it should be..what suspension?

Still a bit dirty from the drive up from KC - She'll get a nice bath as soon as the dock gets in.

It looks pretty clean to me. You should see how mine looked when I pulled into town. It picked up quite a bit of grime coming down the east side of the Rockies. I pulled it into a Russell Speeders before I drove it home to show anybody. But I did take some pictures before it went through the wash. That is the only time I've taken it through the car wash.

I enjoy washing it by hand.

Congrats!! :)

Thanks Guys for the Congrats - Still smiling - Still drivin - Still no buyers remorse

Spent the past week showin it off to the friends and relatives.

Just took my son (24) for a ride tonight - surprise - look what the ol man bought...
At one time he had told me I was crazy for wanting one of "these" - (no mirrors in my house - I must look too old though).
Was coming into an entrance ramp in 2nd at ~4K - let er sing up - did 3rd and 4th
and left him giggling in the seat next to me - vindicated ...

So - to get to the rake questions -
The previous owner said it had "new Bilsten" shocks.
I looked in the back - there were the Bilsten shocks - black springs - no additional perches showing (don't recall if these have up/low perches)
No markings (I saw) on the springs.
Rear tires are Nitto NT555 Ext ZR - 275/30ZR19.
I cranked the front wheel and looked underneath the front and saw Kon... - (wtf ..) Cranked the wheel the other way and found the ni - as in Koni.
(nother wtf)
Top of the shocks have the little flat tab Koni adjusters.
Black springs with dark blue / light blue / dark blue bands - no luck searching what the rates may be.
Front tires are Nitto NTsss Ext ZR 225/35ZR18 tires.
Need a new driveway - but .. yea - I think the rake is a little weird.
Wheels are HREs - centers were originally chrome - now (chipping) black paint - not too tacky yet.
Just snoozed on the BC coil overs (in the ads) - but I got time - know I'm in the hunt for some new dark wheels and possibly suspension.
Like the car to be a bit lower - and a nice set of wheels (didn't buy the 63K imola so I got some spare change to make this one all nice ;-})

More showin off tomorrow - C&C at - http://www.mncandc.com/event-information/
Guys from work will be going out.
We'll have to see if it stands out from the 75 "P" cars, couple Lambos, few Ferraris and whatever else makes the show.

Thanks again for your support - Albert86

thanks for validating my observations.If I were you I would standardize the suspension by getting a whole new setup designed for the nsx..just peruse old threads.I would also shop for a 17/18 in wheel tire combo rather then the boat anchors you have now..the car will feel much more lively.

thanks for validating my observations.If I were you I would standardize the suspension by getting a whole new setup designed for the nsx..just peruse old threads.I would also shop for a 17/18 in wheel tire combo rather then the boat anchors you have now..the car will feel much more lively.[/QUOTE]

This. Some lightweight 17/18 combo wheels make make a difference in how it performs. Car is looking good and enjoy your ownership!

Back