• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Drive of My Life. My NSX

Hello Prime, My name is JohnP and am from Houston Texas. I have been a lurker on here for years and a few days ago I acquired the car of my dreams. A 91, Berlina Black 5 speed. The NSX is so much more to me than a car, it was one of my primary driving forces to lose over 90lbs, leave the corporate world and set an absolute goal, the acquisition of one of the best cars of all time, The NSX.

8966309434_75d9cce313_c.jpg

I picked the car up in UTAH and drove it back 23 hours to Texas, hence "The Drive of My Life" which I'll be writing about on my blog Mayday Garage whenever I have a bit more time. At this moment though, I can say is that every single second of that 23 hours was incredible. The "experience" could not be bought with any amount of money.

8965130585_7101e45e8b_c.jpg

Some of you guys on here know Henry Kosaih. If you don't, here is his car. We shot it for Mayday Garage a couple of years ago.

5432988974_88ca2cefbf_b.jpg

Before he put in the buckets and the wide body, he let me sit in his car years ago...at that time I almost weighed 300lbs. When I could barely fit into his OEM seats, I knew something had to be done, so I got my fat ass in the gym. Roughly 5 years later, after tons of work, commitment and sweat, here I am, 90lbs lighter with an NSX. This moment is surreal.

8966304806_71f4dac894_c.jpg

This NSX is a 91, Berlina Black with plenty of miles but is in great shape and it's mine. It'll be with me for as long as I can foresee and it will go through plenty of phases. Im still so damn excited...even as I type this. Getting into the NSX and driving is like opening Christmas presents over and over, nothing can describe this feeling.

8965125757_743e497917_c.jpg

Will keep everyone posted. =)

Last edited:
Congrats and awesome story. Welcome to the site.

Awesome, I've enjoyed the photos and videos that come from your blog. Congrats, it's great that we all share the same feeling of finally attaining the NSX.

Congrats from someone who purchased one just 5 days ago too!!! Its an amazing feeling isnt it!!! It has to stay at home today though, 60% chance of rain.

Very inspiring to hear that you achieved each one of your goals with hard work and determination.

congrats john..... very dope

Awesome road trip and great video and pics! Welcome!

great story, and awesome pics!

Congrats! Saw that 4th pic on instagram, now it all makes sense! Enjoy your nsx!

Welcome and Congratulations. A fitting reward for all of your hard work.

Nice write up, pictures and video.... welcome....

I fell like going out to open a Christmas present and get in my NSX and take it out for a quick cruise :biggrin:

Great accomplishment losing 90 lbs, plus I can't think of a better reward for your effort than an NSX.

I need to shed 10 to 20 lbs and I can't seem to get'r dun. In my case, just need to get focused and a bit more motivated ... I have been eating much better, but still CHOCOLATE is a weakness.

Congratulations and welcome to the family. Great pictures and write-up. I remember seeing that car listed for sale in UT (my home state). Sounds like an amazing adventure. Looking forward to keeping tabs on your upcoming travels with the NSX.

Edit - enjoyed the vid too! Wish I would've thought to put one together when I picked up my NSX!

Last edited:
WELCOME, JohnP

Absolutely awesome video and inspiring story. This really gave me a lift, thanks man!
The NSX is really something special to have people feeling like this, long after it's debut.
Enjoy every moment of life and have a blast driving YOUR new NSX!!!! It just makes sense.

OK....Time for me to get a gopro camera...:smile:

=DREW=

nice pictures! love the video! congratulation.

Anyone who knows about Modern Talking is cool in my book :)

Last edited:
I need to shed 10 to 20 lbs and I can't seem to get'r dun. In my case, just need to get focused and a bit more motivated ... I have been eating much better, but still CHOCOLATE is a weakness.

Chocolate is a toughie. You can however get pretty clever w/ coconut, 100% coco, and some sea salt to satisfy the palette. :)

- - - Updated - - -

nice pictures! love the video! congratulation.

Anyone who knows about Modern Talking is cool in my book :)

Thanks! Cruising Chinatown in Houston bumping Brother Louie in the NSX definitely turns a head or two. Don't know if its the car or the music..ha!

Back