• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Incredible Ben from Daisy Auto Imports

My first day of ownership with my new NSX was a scary one. I just purchased this car, drove 11 hours from Florida to North Carolina, and now the car refused to start. I've panicked and tried to think of who I could call... and I remember reading about Ben at Daisy Auto Imports. I called and left a voicemail, explaining what just happened and if i could get some help. Ben called me right back, gave me some things to try, provided me his cell phone number, and was even willing to meet me out somewhere! Of course, since I was stuck a little too far away, he couldn't make that far of a trip.

Luckily I was able to get the car started (Thanks to Shawn), and I was able to bring it in to Ben's shop for his diagnosis. If I could put into words about my first impression of Ben... it would be "Ben is scary good". IMMEDIATELY he noticed plastic pieces missing under the hood. He took out a flashlight and started looking around. "This is missing" *Takes out a brand new Honda sealed bag full of plastics and pops it in*. "The rubber pieces that makes the gas tank pop is missing" *Replaces* "You're gaskets are leaking here". "You're also leaking here here and here". ALL THIS WITHIN 5 MINUTES.

Due to his limited time (he had limited time but still took the time to look at my car that day), I brought the car back a few days later and left it under his careful hands. Having my dream car in anyone else's hands was nerve wrecking, however, Ben called me every other day to keep me in the loop. Along the way, he found more things that had to be addressed, in which he took the time to explain every process. When he told me that he will surely fix my car, I never felt more relieved, knowing he really meant it.

Once he completed everything (and I mean everything lol), he asked me to come by early so that he could show me every piece he changed. Out comes a huge box, full of parts, and one by one, Ben carefully showed me each piece and why it had to be replaced. I couldn't believe how bad of shape everything was (of course, the car I purchased was sitting in a museum for a while...). It was scary to think what could have happened if I drove around with an engine that needed this much work.

I can't thank Ben enough for ALL of his hard work. I can't thank Ben enough for ALL of his incredible knowledge. And I can't thank Ben enough for EVERYTHING he's done for me. The NSX community is a great bunch, and it's people like Ben, that makes the NSX ownership and passion very special.

Last edited:
Great to have such a top local resource!! Ben, please move to The D!

Back