• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

You Need To Buy An Acura NSX Right Now

That was a decent interview. Good general info and description. It's nice to see journalists actually be fairly well educated. The only journalist that I read that was well informed on the nsx was Aaron Bonk and he was an owner. How refreshing.

God I miss my NSX.

Whoa...when did you sell it? It's never too late to come back.

I think they should have consulted the the NSX Prime community before the interview. It wasn't that ACcURAte.
I can only hope they are right about future values.

Whoa...when did you sell it? It's never too late to come back.

It's been nearly a year since I sold it. It really does not feel that long ago. But you are right, it's never to late too come back. Planning a return in the future!

I'll say one thing. I purchased my car in June (the tall guy seat cushion worked great by the way, Brian!) and when I am home there isn't a single day that I don't hope to drive it - even if it is just to run to the grocery store to get something quick. When I bought it, I did 95% because its been my "dream car" since I was little, and 5% of me also hoped it would increase in value with the new ones being released.

That being said - I have no intention of ever selling it and I absolutely love it now that I've worked out the couple bugs it did have (stereo, trip odometer stuck, had it clayed, polished and sealed).

I thought it was a well put together episode and their knowledge of the car at least leads you to believe they know what they're talking about. I love when I hear of other supercar designers/mfgr's making this car their target - especially when the design is 21 yrs old! Underpowered as they may be in stock form, at least it keeps me out of trouble. Another 150hp would be nice, but with a SFWD drag car sitting next to mine in the garage, I'll get my speed fix with a fire suppression system between m legs and an NHRA Cert'd cage around me.

This car, thus far, has been everything I had hoped for AND MORE!

.....Another 150hp would be nice....

Warning, don't ever drive a NSX like mines with almost double the power.

It really messes up your mind and power expectations for a car that should have been born with that sorta power from the beginning.

The chassis yearns for the power.

After I did that double power treatment I don't even think about other supercars much.... well except a few hyper cars like the Zonda and Koeneggsegg.

NSX is a great platform to add and build as ur budget allows and there is really no upgrade remorse.

Well, you see - this WAS a completely stock car when I got my hands on it - I'm just afraid I'd do this to the NSX and have something I cannot enjoy on the street;

185179_10151048350447338_803505649_n.jpg

It'd be one thing if we had more than one road course within a 400 mile radius - as it is we've only got one drag strip locally and the 5 other guys with SFWD cars worth a damn are all my good friends. Its fun racing, but when its your buddy's every weekend and there's virtually no payout, we usually end up testing the cars and taking whoever's is hottest to a big event out of state.

I am going to mod the NSX some, but what started as a simple K swap turned into a full blown racecar in my hatch - the reason I started looking for an NA1, was because I could no longer drive this car on the street (well, logically).

Did they seriously say the nsx and gtr are very similar?:confused:

well the price to make a civic into a jetfighter is nothing compared to the price of getting a simple stupid airintake for the NSX prices are off the chain for no reason.

thats why these guys are doing J swap TL motors into the NSX, cuz a Comptech super charger for a TL is 4,000 vs 10,000 for teh NSX same freaking charger.

NSX ooooohhhh I can charge them double....I hate it I hate it I hate it

I'm glad I bought my car 12 years ago. Afterdrive tax , here we come :)

"After I did that double power treatment I don't even think about other supercars much.... well except a few hyper cars like the Zonda and Koeneggsegg"

Agreed. After buying a liter bike, pretty much every car seems a little underpowered to me. But the FEEL, the sights and sounds of even a stock NSX, cannot be duplicated by a motorcycle.

Did they seriously say the nsx and gtr are very similar?:confused:

I have them both,I understood the comparison,they are night and day different. Analog and digital,that's the best analogy.Big and small,but both inspired by the track.I'm glad I have both! I like a small vanilla cone,and a giant chocolate Sunday.

^ Yeah I got it now, that's awesome that you have both!

I get wish washy on selling this thing all of the time. The appreciation factor is a huge part of holding on to it for the long haul.

Dull video- the host didn't know much about the car and the other guys didn't say anything we didn't already know. Still great to see it get some respect!

Last edited:
They were pretty accurate, but WAY off in the weight. 2600lbs??

I would to see Chris Harris drive a turbo or SC nsx to see what he thinks compared to todays supercars.

Back