• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FXMD Wide Body Kit on Turbo NSX

Hey Everyone,

New to the forums. I recently purchased a 1992 Red NSX (Turbo) producing 539whp at 11 psi from a fellow primer (Tech7042) and also purchased the FXMD WideBody Kit and Forged Specialty rims from another fellow primer (Source 1).

Thank you to both. This NSX is absolutely perfect in every way mechanically and I have always admired Source 1 Blue NSX. So I guess I have the best of both worlds here and ready to make the transformation.

Here are pictures as the car is today. I am currently getting the bodykit primed as it will be wrapped in 3M Satin Pearl White.

More pictures to come as I get the pieces ready for install and wrapped. The Advan Model T5 rims will go on for sale. I will post more photos when they come off the car.

Show pic.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

Attachments

• RED NSX pic (648k) copy.jpg
    RED NSX pic (648k) copy.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 2,184
Hi Sean! It was great meeting you a couple of weeks back at the Import vs Domestics car show. Can't wait to see it with the widebody! Those pics dont do your car justice man! That thing is so beautiful.

Thanks man, I heard you purchased one in New York. Can't wait to see it. You know Derrick from Apacauto and Leon from Just Tint and Signs? They are getting everything prepped and sharing new ideas. They are insane when it comes to detail. Going to be exciting to see the transformation.

Yes I know them. They are part of our car club. You NEED to join! That would make 3 NSX's in our club. is your car at Derrick's right now? I live not too far from his shop. We have to hook up some time.

My original idea was to buy a salvaged NSX and add the FXMD widebody and turbo. Looks like you're building my dream car! LOL

Last edited:
Hey Brian,

Thanks for comments. It was your NSX that pushed me over the edge when it came to choosing the body kit. Thanks for sale.

Your Forged Specialties are perfect for this as you already know. My guys love your rims are going to color match the satin black off the rims and rewrap the canopy to match the inner face of the rims and the side mirrors are going to be gloss black to match the outer lip.

Last edited:
Hey Brian,

Thanks for comments. It was your NSX that pushed me over the edge when it came to choosing the body kit. Thanks for sale.

Your Forged Specialties are perfect for this as you already know. My guys love your rims are going to color match the satin black off the rims and rewrap the canopy to match the inner face of the rims and the side mirrors are going to be gloss black to match the outer lip.

That is awesome. I'm sure it will look amazing. That white was my next color. Glad you decided to go that route.

I would've picked up Tech7042's car in a heartbeat if I didnt already have one. It was a bargain at its price:
- Maintenance, check
- Turbocharged, check

Thats an understatement. Lot of TLC work into the car.

Hope to see each other around.

Make sure to have before/after pics!

Having installed 4 of these widebody kits, I found it best to start by fitting the side skirts and lining them up with the door lines before front fenders and rear quarter panels.
Its a very good kit fitment wise. Very few adjustments have to be made.
Ken did a great job with this widebody kit.

My NSX started out looking just like yours does in it's OEM form before I put the WB kit on.
Its a beautifully done kit.

Welcome to the FXMD widebody club :)
Looking forward to seeing it completed.

Last edited:
Thanks. I didn't know there was a FXMD Widebody club. Are there a lot of these out there? Personally, I really liked the Route KS (Madonna Kit) but it seemed rather expensive and the wait was way too long.

Last edited:
Left Front and Rear Quarters off.

photo left quarter.jpgphoto 2 (1).jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Right Rear Quarters today. Test fitting. Still making minor adjustments.

photo (20).jpgphoto (21).jpgphoto (22).jpgphoto (23).jpgphoto 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Front Bumper needs to be trimmed and rebuild.

photo 1 (2).jpgphoto 4.jpg

Attachments

• photo left quarter.jpg
    photo left quarter.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 185
  • photo left quarter.jpg
    photo left quarter.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 174
  • photo 2 (1) 2.jpg
    photo 2 (1) 2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 168
Some major adjustments in the rear and side areas.
IMG_0090.jpgIMG_0729.jpgIMG_1949.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Finished areas and repaint calipers black

IMG_0548.jpgIMG_0546.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Off to Leon @ Just Tint and Signs for wrapping Satin Pearl White. Derrick had to dissemble the car once again. It was a long night, but too anxious to wait until morning, so they did the trunk first. I love the level of detail on the underside of the trunk. This will be done throughout.

photo 3.jpgphoto 3 (1).JPGphoto 5.JPGphoto 2 (1).JPGphoto 2 (2).JPGphoto 5 (1).JPGphoto 4 (1).JPGphoto 3 (2).JPGphoto 1 (1).JPG

- - - Updated -

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 173
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 198
  • photo 3 (1).JPG
    photo 3 (1).JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 205
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 179
  • photo 2 (1).JPG
    photo 2 (1).JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 178
  • photo 2 (2).JPG
    photo 2 (2).JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 165
  • photo 5 (1).JPG
    photo 5 (1).JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 154
  • photo 4 (1).JPG
    photo 4 (1).JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 157
  • photo 3 (2).JPG
    photo 3 (2).JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 138
  • photo 1 (1).JPG
    photo 1 (1).JPG
    62 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
More updates on the satin pearl white wrap.

IMG_0627.jpgIMG_0628.jpgIMG_0644.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0629.jpg
    IMG_0629.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0636.jpg
    IMG_0636.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0640.jpg
    IMG_0640.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0639.jpg
    IMG_0639.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0641.jpg
    IMG_0641.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0642.jpg
    IMG_0642.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 173
Thanks. I didn't know there was a FXMD Widebody club. Are there a lot of these out there? Personally, I really liked the Route KS (Madonna Kit) but it seemed rather expensive and the wait was way too long.

Soon, the wait might not be as long as you think! :wink:

The car is coming along great, cannot wait to see the finished result!

Back