• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The LoveFab Crazy Canadian Build #2, Realtime.

This is a 2005 US-spec NSX with 23,000 miles. The customer originally contacted us regarding a simple turbo setup, but after some reflection (and honestly very little urging from us) he decided to use the time wisely, and went all-out. The car will be fitted with our LF1200S 3.45L stroker motor, paired with our LF800TS turbo system, featuring a turbo by Garrett GTX4088R turbocharger. To compliment the extreme power and torque, he is also having us fit a full Stoptech Big Brake Upgrade. As a kicker, the car will run with an AEM FIC, and will also be emissions compliant. To top it all off, this NSX is to be ready in early May, with enough time for the customer to acclimate to the car before attending Est-fest 2014.

We picked the car up on the 28th, and ran a baseline test right after unloading the car.

pickup_zps2eb78c08.jpg

dynosoon_zpsd39e4e37.jpg

Of note, there was what appeared to be a Pride exhaust on the car, which did not help in the upper-end power from what I'm seeing. The 2005 made about 7ftlbs more torque until Vtec, and then it began to fall pretty hard compared to the Canada #1 3.0 NSX.

dynoplot_zpsc714e935.jpg

We quickly pulled the engine, and began the teardown process.

engindrop_zps37b253d1.jpg

buildroom_zpsabaeb4be.jpg

Within 36 hours, the engine was stripped to its bare block and shipped for sleeving.

blockship_zps21d67b89.jpg

10576995_704722176247489_2558310593458451639_n.jpg

Due to a mechanical over-rev at the track, the factory oil pump shattered. The customer did a full 5th gear pull with zero oil pressure, and drove back to the pits before he realized the oil warning light was on. We chose to spec the factory oil pump because of the low miles, the nature of the stroker being low-revving, timeframe, and the fact that we haven't seen an issue with stock pumps after years of track abuse. Pikes Peak was run on a 220k mile oil pump.

However, as you guys can see from the pictures, the engine is virtually undamaged. Chalk it up to amazing oil,(Valvoline Syntec), a phenomenal engine build, or sheer luck, I'm amazed at the results of the teardown. Simply stunned.

An oversized billet pump will be installed this time around, as well as a few other upgrades. I'll hop in here when things progress.

This car has been running successfully on our DBW PnP AEM Infinity system for about two weeks now. All factory features are retained, including cruise control, etc(working on traction control next). I was able to drive the car for the first time yesterday and was ASTONISHED by the throttle response and drivability. Other DBW systems on the market simply have no idle or throttle control, making it virtually impossible to have a successfully running vehicle. Having driven this car with an AEM FIC last spring, I have a good feel of how it felt. I will say this; there is virtually zero turbo lag now. Our LF800TS turbo system uses a decently sized turbo, which usually has some minimal lag; however, it was simply erased with the advanced features of the Infinity system. Stay tuned for our AEM Infinity introductory thread in the Vendor section...

1509126_763360270383679_7490916514382246575_n.jpg

Last edited:
Will the Infinity be able to raise idle successfully on DBW cars to combat the drivability/dying issue from a super light flywheel? It doesn't appear that the AEM Series 2 is able to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Will the Infinity be able to raise idle successfully on DBW cars to combat the drivability/dying issue from a super light flywheel? It doesn't appear that the AEM Series 2 is able to do it.

Yes Nero. We have FULL control of the engine. Today; we will also have user-adjustable Traction Control as well, via 12 position knob. Super-sensitive TCS, to TCS OFF, all with a quick turn of a knob. Yes please.

I almost want to say the Pride Exhaust robs hp! Every Pride Exhaust dyno I've seen has lower numbers than usual for an NSX. This NA2 barely made 260whp whereas the NA1 in the other thread was only 5whp away from the NA2. That can't be a fluke. I've seen many NA1 reach 250whp with just an exhaust mod.

Great numbers on the other build BTW and can't wait to see this one progress.

I almost want to say the Pride Exhaust robs hp! Every Pride Exhaust dyno I've seen has lower numbers than usual for an NSX. This NA2 barely made 260whp whereas the NA1 in the other thread was only 5whp away from the NA2. That can't be a fluke. I've seen many NA1 reach 250whp with just an exhaust mod.

Great numbers on the other build BTW and can't wait to see this one progress.

It certainly does. The piping diameters are not optimized whatsoever.

Impressive!

What is the cost of the whole thing Cody? Engine build and turbo set up. Also with your turbo what advantages are there for having the increased displacement also?

Many thanks!

Impressive!

What is the cost of the whole thing Cody? Engine build and turbo set up. Also with your turbo what advantages are there for having the increased displacement also?

Many thanks!
There a several options available, but as we now only take on the stroker builds, you're looking at about $35k turnkey, with the LoveFab AEM Infinity6 system. This includes the LF800TS turbo system, Exedy clutch to match your power goals, LF1200S stroker engine build, all tuning, and all labor. The builds have been completed in as little as six weeks, when properly funded.

The displacement has a huge effect on turbo spool and torque. We just cleared 600ftlbs of torque on the last build we cranked up. And the car drives with virtually no lag thanks to the Infinity package.

By the way.....we now have user adjustable traction control function. A world-first for the NSX.

Back