• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Steal of the century? VIN JH4NA1150NT000569

Status
Not open for further replies.
He picked up that car for super cheap. Under $20k? He mentioned $16K in the facebook post, but never confirmed. It was a salvaged title due to flood, but apparently it's in excellent shape with minimal flood damage from fresh water.

Last edited:
I guess not a bad price but "steal of the century" is a bit of an exaggeration don't you think. It still has a savage title and it was under water at some point which, as has been discussed before, is never good for NSX's. There was a flooded 03 discussed here last month that went for 29k. I hope the electrical gremlins don't make him think twice about this purchase.

Last edited:
It was listed for $32k. There were talks about offering 16k on facebook but no confirmation. It was a flood car and if the seller let this "mint" flood car listed at 32k go for 16k I wonder which side got the "steal".......

1901445_680716331990024_1459963650464853768_n.jpg

Im very happy with the purchase! My 4th NSX and I can tell you this is just as good as when I bought my brand new 2002 off the showroom floor! And for the record I paid 14800 total with 4 brand new tires included with the sale!

- - - Updated - - -

10150675_850033851689960_7574514036715445347_n.jpg

Last edited:
I say any NSX that starts and drive down the road is a car worth keeping.

what I would do is start a build thread strip car to the bones even wire harness take tons of pics and put car back together showing everyone the car is not a normal flood car.
it was rebuilt from the ground up giving the next owner a sense of security in the fact that some gremlins are not gonna pop up in the future

then the car could sell for more but not till people see that the car is fine. If I did this the car would be worth 30K or more.
but that's just me

red3.jpgred6.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

red7.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

red2.jpgred9.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Shawn I cant wait to have other NSX owners see this car, I cant stop smiling!

- - - Updated - - -

I say any NSX that starts and drive down the road is a car worth keeping.

what I would do is start a build thread strip car to the bones even wire harness take tons of pics and put car back together showing everyone the car is not a normal flood car.
it was rebuilt from the ground up giving the next owner a sense of security in the fact that some gremlins are not gonna pop up in the future

then the car could sell for more but not till people see that the car is fine. If I did this the car would be worth 30K or more.
but that's just me

Drove the car for 300 miles in rain and sunshine car drives like new!

As I always say, there's no wrong NSX at the right price...

... with that said, I would never make a move on a Florida and/or Louisiana vehicle without C.S.I. and/or RSO 34 involved! Funny title/history bidness in those states! :eek:

The car has headers, comptech exhaust. bilsteins, dali or comptech sway bars, shine lip, OZ multi-piece wheels, AP racing brakes (4 wheel kit with 2 piece rotors).... just from what I can see. It has 31,000 miles, original paint, runs and drives fne, leather looks new, doesn't seem to have any issues. How much are those extras worth? The engine bay is clean as a whistle, so is the underbelly, someone took care of this car. He paid $14,800 which I have not even seen an NSX shell sell for. Some of you still don't think this was a good deal?

1381314_850388718321140_1997955635098306741_n_zpsf94053c5.jpg

Last edited:
The car has headers, comptech exhaust. bilsteins, dali or comptech sway bars, shine lip, OZ multi-piece wheels, AP racing brakes (4 wheel kit with 2 piece rotors).... just from what I can see. It has 31,000 miles, original paint, runs and drives fne, leather looks new, doesn't seem to have any issues. How much are those extras worth? The engine bay is clean as a whistle, so is the underbelly, someone took care of this car. He paid $14,800 which I have not even seen an NSX shell sell for. Some of you still don't think this was a good deal?

Not saying it isn't "a good deal", just saying it doesn't pass the sniff test. Car was listed for $32,500 and seller caved to $14,800 so fast with all of the above? Makes no sense. Do all the vin numbers match? Car came through florida and ends up being sold in New Hampshire which doesn't require someone having an actual title if the car is 15 years or older. I find it really hard to believe there isn't a serious back story or a future unhappy ending.

Sounds like a good deal. I'd use it as my daily driver and put 100k miles on it and then sell it for what you paid.

For 14k I think you got a great deal. I'd drive the crap outta that car and never worry about it. Would probably also never re sell it either to be honest. At that price I woulda taken a chance easily.

That was a great deal at that price. Im sure it will forever live with the flood title but its worth it for that price, miles and mods. Now the STEAL would be if the title wasnt salvaged. I would have done it with a smile. Enjoy.

Looks to be in Outstanding Condition by the Pics!
Indeed a great deal! Drive the heck out of it and enjoy!
$14.8K Congrats!

That was a great deal at that price. Im sure it will forever live with the flood title but its worth it for that price, miles and mods. Now the STEAL would be if the title wasnt salvaged. I would have done it with a smile. Enjoy.

Apparently, NH decided to clear the title too. I don't know how...

- - - Updated - - -

Not saying it isn't "a good deal", just saying it doesn't pass the sniff test. Car was listed for $32,500 and seller caved to $14,800 so fast with all of the above? Makes no sense. Do all the vin numbers match? Car came through florida and ends up being sold in New Hampshire which doesn't require someone having an actual title if the car is 15 years or older. I find it really hard to believe there isn't a serious back story or a future unhappy ending.

Bob I had the exact same feeling, but who knows really. It certainly is strange for someone to drop $17,000 in price.

Apparently, NH decided to clear the title too. I don't know how...

- - - Updated - - -

Bob I had the exact same feeling, but who knows really. It certainly is strange for someone to drop $17,000 in price.

My concern would be that they took vin plates off of a flood salvage/total and put them on a stolen car with no issues. Sorry to be a skeptic but this story has "a story" yet to be told.

My concern would be that they took vin plates off of a flood salvage/total and put them on a stolen car with no issues. Sorry to be a skeptic but this story has "a story" yet to be told.

That would truly be horrible. The car overall seems like a great deal, unless of course something else comes up.

Based on the front under-the-hood picture I would guess this was the flood car. The battery tray is spray painted black... and all the aluminum pieces have been polished (which could have easily had corrosion from the flood. That was the only sign I've seen of flood, and also a trunk picture posted on nsxprime facebook showing some crust on the taillight studs etc. May not have been a "fresh water" car and was actually salt.

Either way, if I ever paid that for a complete running driving nsx and it didn't blow up or have major issues, I'd enjoy the hell out of it.

Can someone explain why or how the seller came off of a price that far? I would love to know the story line there. I think it is probably too good to be true. But hope not for the new owner. I've bought some NSX's cheap in my life but not one with 31k on it. Flood or not, If this is a true story car then I would say he got a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back