• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

central locking question

hi everyone,

when I unlock the car both doors unlock, then I drive and passenger door locks automatically then when I stop it doesn't unlock again so I have to either manually do it or push the door lock button on the drivers door. Is this normal?

92 na1 how 5speed

other cars I have owned from this period don't do this.
I can't remember if my old 91 na1 did this. I don't recall and think I would remember as its so annoying.

thanks

My '00 does not have a keyless module. The driver-side key lock unlocks only the driver door. The passenger-side key lock unlocks both. Either side locks both. Driving the car does not, to my knowledge, automatically lock the doors. The buttons on the door interior lock/unlock both doors together.

I got a '92, with keyless module and remote
I've never had the nsx auto lock/unlock when driving/stopping. My 2011 Mustang has the options to auto lock/unlock, but I dont' think older cars had this feature.

Use key on:
Driver side: unlocks driver only
pass side: unlocks both

Use button inside on:
driver: unlocks both
pass: dunno - I'll update when I get home

Use keyless remote unlocks/locks both

you car must have an aftermarket alarm or other system that is controlling the locks. the factory system did not lock the doors when you drove the car.

My car is JDM and has no after market accessories. The doors lock above 10-20k. The drivers door unlocks when below the threshold but the passenger door does not. All my JDM cars have done this including r32 gtr, 1990 gto tt etc. Must be a Japanese safety feature that isn't present on the us versions. I could just disable it....

Back