• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My review of the Gen II Viper

Hi everyone, before getting into my NSX, I had the pleasure of owning a 1997 Viper RT/10. I wanted to give some feedback in case anyone is consider adding one to their garage. Hope you enjoy it. I will be adding my review of the NSX soon.

https://autosist.com/the-all-mighty-viper/

how about copy and paste your review into this thread, why click another site?

internet traffic is what dreams are made of

^takes forever to include pictures and ruins the flow of the article. He's bringing information (his review on a viper) to the ATTN of the community. I don't see the big deal linking to a blog. This forum is not a huge community to begin with.

EDIT - Great review by the way. I just picked up a 97 GTS and love it. But still have my 92 GPW NSX :)

Last edited:
I am also sure that the content is to drive people to his business website, and quite honestly I see nothing wrong with that. If he has taken the time to write up a good article, no reason not to get some benefit for his App in the process.

I am also sure that the content is to drive people to his business website, and quite honestly I see nothing wrong with that. If he has taken the time to write up a good article, no reason not to get some benefit for his App in the process.

Blue - you summed it up nicely. Thanks for the support.

- - - Updated - - -

^takes forever to include pictures and ruins the flow of the article. He's bringing information (his review on a viper) to the ATTN of the community. I don't see the big deal linking to a blog. This forum is not a huge community to begin with.

Couldn't agree more!

My former roommate had a Hennessy supercharged viper, that car was loud and power. It's easy to say that blue is your choice of color when it comes to cars lol.

Lol - yes I do tend to get attracted by blue =)

Looks like that is a Gen III or IV - the Gen IV and V power band is ridiculous - and supercharged would just be SICK. I test drove a Gen V recently and it is pretty freaking awesome. Such a different driving experience than the NSX. I hope I can own my NSX and a Viper in the same garage one day :biggrin:

Last edited:
It looks like a 3 to me (from the hood vents). For a daily driver, 4 & 5s are much better cars. Especially 5s.

My childhood dream was to own an NSX & B&W Viper GTS. Unfortunately they are on opposite sides of the country, but i'm thankful to have accomplished that goal, even if they probably wont be under the same roof.

It looks like a 3 to me (from the hood vents). For a daily driver, 4 & 5s are much better cars. Especially 5s.

My childhood dream was to own an NSX & B&W Viper GTS. Unfortunately they are on opposite sides of the country, but i'm thankful to have accomplished that goal, even if they probably wont be under the same roof.

You and I are in the same boat. First time I sat in my friends dads NSX, I told myself I would get one. I had the infamous Viper poster (red with yellow wheels) that many kids had growing up. So cool to be able to actually experience these cars for what they are.

BTW, they are tearing me up on the alley! Give me some love on there stuntman!! :biggrin:

It's called the Alley for a reason. They're all like that. Don't let it get to you. I just thought it would be funny to watch after calling you out like that ;)

Cool writeup! I am a big fan of blue cars as well and the Viper is what got me started with them 13 years ago. I drove both cars today as I was doing my winter fill up and Staybil treatment. I have to say that the cars are almost exact opposites on the sports car scale. You will not see much Viper love on this forum as I have read many a random derogatory comment throughout the years. You have to love the look and the torque, if either of those are not what you want than it is not the right car for you.

As for the heat, as soon as you remove the cats the heat goes away. My car never gets hot inside due to the side exhausts. I think if you had a ROE on your car it might have made your decision to sell harder. However, now that you have sold it, I would not look back and go right to a Gen V. I got a ride in a friends a few weeks back and it is like a new and improved Gen II with 200 more HP and a better suspension. What's not to like? I want one but can't bring myself to sell my baby....

Cool writeup! I am a big fan of blue cars as well and the Viper is what got me started with them 13 years ago. I drove both cars today as I was doing my winter fill up and Staybil treatment. I have to say that the cars are almost exact opposites on the sports car scale. You will not see much Viper love on this forum as I have read many a random derogatory comment throughout the years. You have to love the look and the torque, if either of those are not what you want than it is not the right car for you.

As for the heat, as soon as you remove the cats the heat goes away. My car never gets hot inside due to the side exhausts. I think if you had a ROE on your car it might have made your decision to sell harder. However, now that you have sold it, I would not look back and go right to a Gen V. I got a ride in a friends a few weeks back and it is like a new and improved Gen II with 200 more HP and a better suspension. What's not to like? I want one but can't bring myself to sell my baby....

Thanks Aaron! I actually did have high flow cats on there with the corsa exhaust and it still got pretty hot at times. I think it may have been the mixture of the sun hitting me along with the heat from the car when the top was off =)

I agree 100% with you about the Gen V. I wish they would make it in a targa.

I still remember how your insights helped me a ton when I was selling my Viper and looking to get into a NSX. Appreciate it!

Nice love for the viper ! I've had a few, and yes those roofs are terrible ! My car before this one was a gen II Gts with 650 to the wheels, my brother said it sounded like it was eating glass. Arrow racing motor, Roe Sc and every bolt on after that. The back sweat is a big downer, even with windows down and Ac bumping. I feel like the fit for me is better in the Nsx, viper my knee was against the dash. Nsx roof comes off to be enjoyed, gts is a sweat box, bought this nsx after a deal fell on a gen 3 convertible I put a deposit on. I think the cars are pretty different, and each has their pros. I'd rather drive the Nsx through curvy hills and the viper at my current areas stop and go straightaways. I'll continue to buy both for years to come !

Back