• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2015 - who is going from NorCal?

Hey Dhalsim,

Can I join you guys on the drive there? I'm not registered and most likely have no luck on the waiting list.

Steve

Steve, will you be joining us?

Dhalsim, you may have convinced me to drive rather than fly. Let me think this over please. I would have to caravan the mdx behind me though as we all know, there is limited space for luggage in an nsx. But it does sound like great fun. Thanks for organizing this.

Jinks, Are you confirmed?

Steve, will you be joining us?

Jinks, Are you confirmed?
Hey Dhalsim,
I hope your doing well. I was seriously considering this trip but I have been seeing on here that nsxpo is sold out?
I am extremely busy and I am not on Facebook. I kinda live off the grid so to speak. If there are still openings and or non registration needed for the event, I would love to join in the caravan. Or, if I can still register, a little push would be most helpful. Maybe some of you here can help me out here as to bringing light of the situation. We have a great community here and I look forward to meeting everyone, I am just always so damn busy. Like Shad. Holy crap, it took me 2 weeks of calling to get him on the phone today! Seems everyone is busy as hell these days. It's a good thing.

Last edited:
Hey Jinks,

I didn't realize you weren't already signed up for the NSXPO. As I understand it there is a long wait list and you can probably forget about getting on it now. A lot of people were caught off guard with it selling out so fast. Like I have told a few people, you're welcome to come on the drive even if your not attending NSXPO.

Yeah man, I kind of dragged my feet. Maybe I could just do a Palm Springs weekender as I am due for one then just travel down via caravan. What are the dates?

If you haven't been to one, you should go.

1069175297_voSrw-X2.jpg

Yes, please

I'm getting two of these (for myself and Dhalsim). Does anybody else need it?

716781t1hkL._SL1200_.jpg

http://amzn.com/B007H4VT7A

I would like a radio but out of the box this thing needs to be programmed.
I am not a Ham and it seems like folks that know what they are doing struggle programming this thing.
aka from the reviews.

Is there another radio that may be easier to use/program?
Do you know the frequency for the NSXCA? I assume you are using this frequency.

Thanks
Don

I would like a radio but out of the box this thing needs to be programmed.
I am not a Ham and it seems like folks that know what they are doing struggle programming this thing.
aka from the reviews.

Is there another radio that may be easier to use/program?
Do you know the frequency for the NSXCA? I assume you are using this frequency.

Thanks
Don

Hey Don, well I didn't have any problem syncing up band and frequency on two units I got. Not sure what problems you read about. I just picked up fairy high fq on narrowband and for our caravan it should be more than fine. Not sure what's official NSXPO fq/band etc. But then again even manually these are easy to configure. Now if you would have to replicate the same exact setup (clone) say for 20 units or more I would definitely get a cable and just do it quickly that way.

There are allot of good reviews and some not so. I read both. Seems like some folks have had trouble, were programming through USB.

For what I can tell I need to program at most 4 frequencies.
Looks like these radios can operate at all of the club frequencies.

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/NSXCA_Radios

The NSX Club of America has selected the frequency of 464.55 MHz as the standard to be used at its events, including NSXPO. This is one of the frequencies in a group of frequencies commonly referred to as "business band UHF." There are several radios on the market which transmit and receive on this frequency, with various power ratings. The higher the power, the longer the range, but also the greater the cost of the radio. We have found that a two-watt radio transmits and receives up to two miles, and is a good compromise between range and cost. Our license number is 9804D106235 and our call sign is WPMH943.

There are three alternative frequencies for which the NSX Club is also licensed: 464.500 MHz, 469.500 MHz, and 469.550 MHz.)

There are allot of good reviews and some not so. I read both. Seems like some folks have had trouble, were programming through USB.

For what I can tell I need to program at most 4 frequencies.
Looks like these radios can operate at all of the club frequencies.

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/NSXCA_Radios

The NSX Club of America has selected the frequency of 464.55 MHz as the standard to be used at its events, including NSXPO. This is one of the frequencies in a group of frequencies commonly referred to as "business band UHF." There are several radios on the market which transmit and receive on this frequency, with various power ratings. The higher the power, the longer the range, but also the greater the cost of the radio. We have found that a two-watt radio transmits and receives up to two miles, and is a good compromise between range and cost. Our license number is 9804D106235 and our call sign is WPMH943.

There are three alternative frequencies for which the NSX Club is also licensed: 464.500 MHz, 469.500 MHz, and 469.550 MHz.)

I added four channels with fq listed above. At this point TX/RX is done on the same fq. Not sure if we suppose to use fq0 for RX and fq1 for TX. But if so it's easy to change.
Keep in mind you have to delete/remove ch X before you can save new fq in that slot. Funny thing I couldn't save FQ 162.500 in the mem. That local weather broadcast. Not sure why.

Roman,

Are you able to program the NSXCA frequency into all the radios before giving them to us?
I think so.

Remember, everyone, that your car is a Faraday cage - hard to get radio signals in/out. Since my usual mag-mount antenna won't work on the NSX (duh!), I picked up an over-the-window mount and a new dual-band antenna mast today at Ham Radio Outlet here in Phoenix. The window mount is the MFJ-310S, $19.99. The mast is the Diamond SRH77CA, $22.95. I happen to work a lot of frequencies, including 2 meters, but you could get a cheaper (and shorter) one if you only care about the 70cm band to use the NSXCA frequencies. The antenna connected right up to my radio.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 12033257_10205592750432845_586903511_n.jpg
    12033257_10205592750432845_586903511_n.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Do we need this aux antenna for the radios to work?

The radio will work with the regular antenna... but you won't get as much range, since the signals will have trouble getting into or out from the car. You can certainly get by - I don't always use an external antenna.

Back